9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Cheatham beat Harpeth tonight 66-58 in a hard fought contest. Harpeth has definitely improved since December and they have some good shooters in Anderton and Williams and a solid presence in the post in Clayton. They defended with a great deal of effort tonight and the Cubs couldn't seem to shake them, even after building a 16 point lead early in the 4th. They will be the biggest threat to the Cubs come District Tourney time imo. Cheatham played well in spots tonight. Saunders led the way with 19 points and Austin Douglas continues to be a force with 16 points and 17 boards. Harlan pitched in 17 and I thought McGowan did a good job on Clayton after Darden had to sit with 4 fouls. However, they turned the ball over way too much tonight and will definitely need to work on that the next couple of weeks. Harpeth's defense played a role in the turnovers, but many of them were unforced. The back to back 3's by Saunders and Harlan to end the 3rd quarter were huge, and they knocked down their free throws late to salt it away. 16-0 and counting! Go Cubs!

District standings going into 1-24-14 games:

1.  Cheatham 6-0

2.  White House Heritage 4-2

3.  Harpeth 5-3

4.  Westmoreland 3-3

5.  Greenbrier 3-4

6.  Sycamore 2-5

7.  White House 1-7

I can't figure out 2-5.  They all beat each other.  Westmoreland beats Harpeth and Heritage and loses to White House.  Harpeth trounces Greenbrier, Sycamore and White House after very close games or losses earlier in the year.

I will say Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore have a long history of wrecking each others dreams seasons and it usually doesn't happen during the regular season.

Westmoreland has not beat Heritage

White House Heritage will play Westmoreland for the first time this season TONIGHT @ WHHeritage. 

Westmoreland had been hot for a while early in the season, I will be interested to see how they are playing now. A loss to Sycamore in their last outing, and are falling in the district standings. From what I have heard the are fast and will press.

Predictions.

I believe Westmoreland beat Heritage 43-38.

Yep.  Dillon White is a pure scorer.  Potential POY.  The race for second place is extremely tight, no room for error between Heritage, Greenbrier, Harpeth, and Mo-town.  Lose a game and you're likely out of second and could drop to as low as fifth. 

Standings going into week of 2-4-14

1.  Cheatham 8-0  district games left- Greenbrier, Sycamore, W.H. Heritage, White House.

2.  Harpeth 7-4 district game left- Westmoreland

3.  Greenbrier 6-4 district games left- Cheatham, Sycamore

4.  Westmoreland 4-5 district games left- Harpeth, White House, W.H. Heritage

5.  W. H. Heritage 4-5 district games left- Cheatham, Sycamore, Westmoreland

6.  Sycamore 3-6 district games left- W.H. Heritage, Cheatham, Greenbrier

7.  White House 1-9 district games left- Westmoreland, Cheatham

Nobody catches Cheatham, if Harpeth beats Westmoreland- only Greenbrier can mathematically catch Harpeth and they'll have to beat Cheatham.  Greenbrier wraps up 3rd if they split with Cheatham and Sycamore.  Westy and Heritage will fight it out for 4-5 and then face each other in the first round of playoffs.

Looks like:

Upper Bracket will be:

Cheatham v Bye

Greenbrier v Sycamore

Lower Bracket will be:

Harpeth v White House

Westmoreland v W.H. Heritage