9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Standings going into week of 2-4-14

1.  Cheatham 8-0  district games left- Greenbrier, Sycamore, W.H. Heritage, White House.

2.  Harpeth 7-4 district game left- Westmoreland

3.  Greenbrier 6-4 district games left- Cheatham, Sycamore

4.  Westmoreland 4-5 district games left- Harpeth, White House, W.H. Heritage

5.  W. H. Heritage 4-5 district games left- Cheatham, Sycamore, Westmoreland

6.  Sycamore 3-6 district games left- W.H. Heritage, Cheatham, Greenbrier

7.  White House 1-9 district games left- Westmoreland, Cheatham

Nobody catches Cheatham, if Harpeth beats Westmoreland- only Greenbrier can mathematically catch Harpeth and they'll have to beat Cheatham.  Greenbrier wraps up 3rd if they split with Cheatham and Sycamore.  Westy and Heritage will fight it out for 4-5 and then face each other in the first round of playoffs.

Looks like:

Upper Bracket will be:

Cheatham v Bye

Greenbrier v Sycamore

Lower Bracket will be:

Harpeth v White House

Westmoreland v W.H. Heritage

Good analysis here, but I think the district tournament bracket would be:

(1) Cheatham vs. Bye

(4) Heritage vs. (5) Westmoreland

(2) Harpeth vs. (7) White House

(3) Greenbrier vs. (6) Sycamore

I've not gotten to see the Harpeth team play as much as I normally do, but in the 6 to 7 games I've seen them play they have played hard and are very competitive. Do they have a good chance to hold onto the #2 seed coming out of the tournament? They are very capable of beating anyone on any given night with the shooters they have. Hoping they can get on a run during tournament time. 

It appears that Harpeth will indeed finish in 2nd place they are finished with district play with a record of 8-4.. There could be a 3 way tie for 3 depending on how the next few district games turn out for Westmoreland, Heritage and Greenbrier. GB has to beat Sycamore Friday night to finish 7-5. Heritage must win both games with Westmoreland and Cheatham to finish 7-5. Westy can finish 7-5 if they win their final games with WHHeritage and WHouse.  So still some meaningful games left to play to finish middle of the pack. 

Its been a learning curve for newbie WHHeritage this year. First year to play AA ball....it has been nice to not finish dead last though, as some had predicted.( Because it is so much tougher up here in the big leagues)  :rolleyes:  I believe we have competed and may still give Cheatham a run on Friday night.

Any one know if the Dist Tourney will be pushed back from the original date of Feb. 11. There seems to be a few teams that will not have finished with their reg. schedule by then. 

I think most predicted Westmoreland would be dead last and missed the boat on that.

Harpeth, Greenbrier, Westmoreland and Heritage have all kind of beaten up on each other. Sycamore is a notch below in district play and Cheatham is going to run the table.  If they get beat in this district it's because they lost focus or all caught the flu.  2-4 seeds coming out are up for grabs.  Harpeth should be in the top 4.

Cheatham/Waverly is a game I'd pay to watch or either of those against East Lit.  Whenever CPA comes into play, it's over.

I agree with Cheatham running through the tournament. Maybe if Harpeth gets hot they can give them a game, but I sort of doubt it. Waverly should run through their district, but at best will finish 2nd in region (CPA) so a Cheatham matchup could happen and would be a great game. I have seen them both this year and it would be a good game as both teams are about even. I think Waverly split with East Lit if Coach T scores are correct. Will someone post district tournament schedule when it is complete.

It appears that Harpeth will indeed finish in 2nd place they are finished with district play with a record of 8-4.. There could be a 3 way tie for 3 depending on how the next few district games turn out for Westmoreland, Heritage and Greenbrier. GB has to beat Sycamore Friday night to finish 7-5. Heritage must win both games with Westmoreland and Cheatham to finish 7-5. Westy can finish 7-5 if they win their final games with WHHeritage and WHouse.  So still some meaningful games left to play to finish middle of the pack. 

Its been a learning curve for newbie WHHeritage this year. First year to play AA ball....it has been nice to not finish dead last though, as some had predicted.( Because it is so much tougher up here in the big leagues)  :rolleyes:  I believe we have competed and may still give Cheatham a run on Friday night.

Any one know if the Dist Tourney will be pushed back from the original date of Feb. 11. There seems to be a few teams that will not have finished with their reg. schedule by then. 

Moving up to AA should not have been that big a deal for Heritage.  The Patriots have not performed up to their potential or what was expected this year.  Inconsistent outside shooting, missed lay-ups and point blank shots, porous and lax defense, inability to come to together as a team, and most of all, a lack of leadershi[p by the upperclassmen have plagued them.  I would love to see the light come on for them, but at this stage of the season, if it hasn' already happened, it probably isn't going to.  Too bad, the coaching staff has not found the right buttons to push.  The failure this season is not just on the boys.  I hope the team can get it together by next week, or it could be a swift end to a disappointing season.

Over  in 12 AA it is Cascades first year in AA, not that big of a move at this point but will be come Region Play, this is where the depth will come into play.

Cheatham goes for win #20 tonight on Senior Night in Ashland City against Heritage. This group of guys has been instrumental in taking a down program and lifting it into rarified air. All that stands between the Cubs and an undefeated regular season are a pair of home games. I knew they would be really good this year, but I don't think anyone really expected this. If they can get it done tonight and Tuesday they will accomplish a feat that will probably never be duplicated at CCCHS. When Boyd, Harlan, and Saunders walked into the high school as freshmen the team was coming off a 2 year period with 3 total wins. Maybe that helps put into perspective just how far these kids have helped bring this program. Darden moved in as a Sophomore and has also had a huge impact. Congratulations to these guys and senior Brandon Shelton as well. Hope a big crowd makes it out tonight to share in honoring these Seniors-they deserve it. Go Cubs!

Edited by mumbletypeg