McMinn Central vs. Meigs

logcabinman

I figured thier would be a little chatter about this one.  MC has dealt with a tough first half of a schedule and showed a lot of heart coming off a good 2nd half against a good Polk team.  I know Meigs has it tough this year, but let's face it - it is Meigs vs MC.  I think MC gets back on track this week with a Win.  Any thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Meigs can somehow play a whole game like they did the first quarter against Greenback it will be close.I just don't know if they can???I'm still gonna say closer than some might think!

If Meigs can somehow play a whole game like they did the first quarter against Greenback it will be close.I just don't know if they can???I'm still gonna say closer than some might think!

I just think the speed of MCentral will be to much.  Meigs does have size, but speed will be a problem.  Boyd, I think will have a break-out game.  MCentral speed up front on "D", I think will also cause a problem for Meigs.  Linebackers for MC a big hitters as well and fill their gap with vegence.

The Chargers should just line up in that Maryland "I" and run, that shotgun formation is holding you back. Use the POWER and SPEED!! but that's just my opinion

IMO, the Chargers are just fine where they're at. Heavy(Maryland I) Is power more than anything. And the Shotgun formation is called the Notre Dame Box. It primarily uses to backs to the side of the QB and the HB to pull and block establishing power and speed once in the open space. It also has the possibility to have 3 guys pulling on running plays. Davis #9 looked amazing in the Notre Dame box, which was ran the first drive of the Polk Co. game. The Notre Dame Box works. IMO the wristbands also help. It doesn't take nearly as much time as it would if the QB ran to the sidelines and back to the huddle to call the play does. MC keeps playing hard and behind the Seniors, Boyd and Johnson, they get the W. Maybe Brooks makes some plays on ST.

IMO, the Chargers are just fine where they're at. Heavy(Maryland I) Is power more than anything. And the Shotgun formation is called the Notre Dame Box. It primarily uses to backs to the side of the QB and the HB to pull and block establishing power and speed once in the open space. It also has the possibility to have 3 guys pulling on running plays. Davis #9 looked amazing in the Notre Dame box, which was ran the first drive of the Polk Co. game. The Notre Dame Box works. IMO the wristbands also help. It doesn't take nearly as much time as it would if the QB ran to the sidelines and back to the huddle to call the play does. MC keeps playing hard and behind the Seniors, Boyd and Johnson, they get the W. Maybe Brooks makes some plays on ST.

Davis can also throw the ball pretty dang well also.