Region 1 AAA- District 1 and District 2

TommyMan37604

Tonight, Morristown West will retire the jersey number of former Lady Trojan Taylor Hall. Hall led West High to unprecedented heights her junior and senior year. After transferring from Claiborne, she led the Lady Trojans to 64 wins over two seasons, scored over 1,000 points, won numerous district and region honors, was the 2010 Miss Basketball recipient (a first for the school), and led her squad to the 2010 State Championship game.

Since graduating West, she has starred at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. She surpassed 1,000 career points with the Lady Mocs earlier this week, and currently leads her team in numerous statistical categories. UTC is undefeated in SoCon play and 19-3 overall.

This is a well deserved honor for an outstanding young lady. Congratulations to Taylor!

THS shot it awful last night and is at home. Boone moves on to play SH. Any predictions? Can they pull the upset since it's there year and they work so hard? I am sure all players work hard not just Boone kids. Sometimes PR training should be required for some coaches. Wade was gracious and complementary and didn't come off arrogant.

I hear you reading the article he did sound a bit over the top. Momma always said be humble winning and gracious in defeat. I guess people dismiss it since he is new? Now the game was close but Tenn high never seemed to make the shot to put them in control. I really think the game was one in the first few minutes.

What happened to west? Looks like SH and West should meet in a HUGE semi final game. Two of the states top 4 teams . One is going to the house. Who ya think? Then on the other side a sub par team will make it to the sub state round. Who does everyone think will come out of there? I will say Dobyns Bennett and SH in the reg final.

Tommy I think that sounds about right. I think Boone( even though they have looked terrible for 2 weeks) will upset Jeff and SH will cruise 1st rd and will also crush Mo West in the semis. DB could get upset by Mo East and that would change the other side of bracket completely and make it even more wide open. SH will take the region title with no problem at all.

You most not watch too closely to your team. I have seem them a bunch over the last 3 weeks. They are over all the yelling. One kid just looked at him funny when he yelled her for doing a good job as did another. He has lost his team from what I see. Jeff Co is HOT right now. You take the Hot team in post season not the COLD one. As for SH rolling over west I do not see that happening. That will be a very tuff game for both teams. Have you ever watched a region semi final game? They are pressure packed.

I don't think any team has a chance against Science Hill...at least not from East Tn...what is Science Hill's weakness, if any? Morristown East is loaded with talent and could very easy make a run in the region...they seem to play as a different team in the postseason. It is likely that West and SH will meet again...but Mo West has zero shot against Science Hill. I have not seen Science Hill this year...but that will change friday when the lady eagles go there for region round 1. On the other hand, I have seen Mo West play, plenty this year...and If you guard the perimeter against them, they lose their bread and butter. They have a good three point shooter in Potts, BUT...that is the ONLY thing she can do. She doesn't handle the ball well, and she can't knock down the three ball unless she is all alone. If a team takes away their outside, they are done. Simmerly is overrated at the post, and gets out hustled by most other teams. Jeff County will be a tough out, tougher than people give them credit for. They do their jobs well on the floor, and they have hustle players at every position, and can get it down the floor quick with Dotson and the other guard. Seymour can play with Science Hill, IF they don't go in with their heads down from the beginning and stay composed. I do think Science Hill wins, but I think Seymour can keep it close for the first half. Let's fill up the tank and head to the Hill. Good luck to everyone in regionals. This will be my final posting, as my sister will graduate this year and I'll no longer have a dog in the fight. I've enjoyed every minute of it, and I want to congratulate her on being an all conference pick this year in the IMAC. #20 Lexi Justus, Seymour Lady Eagles.

GO LADY EAGLES!