Region 1 AAA- District 1 and District 2

TommyMan37604

I am really disappointed in the amount of chatter or lack there of for this tread this season. We have had parity across D1 and D2 for the most. YET NO one is talking about the games or teams. Is it that all the chatter parents have moved on? OR does no care about basketball in this corner of the state? Middle TN has all sorts of threads running and good dialogue.

NOW...post season is here next week. What do you all think?

I think West takes D2 and DB takes D1 upsetting my toppers. I think we have too many close games not to stumble. I do like how they are playing 8 or 9 kids every night. I saw in the paper that the JV one their championship, so maybe all the experience will pay off. I still think the region is M.West's to loss. 

Topper, I have to disagree with you on your picks. Tenn. High will pull the upset of the D1 tournament by winning the Tournament championship over your Toppers. Jeff. County will win the D2 championship over West. These 4 teams will compete for the Region championship with Jeff and West representing Region 1 in the sub state games. Let's hear from the rest of the people in the region. Where have you all gone????

Congrats to the Morristown West Lady Trojans for earning the IMAC championship with a win over Jefferson County! It is the seventh under head coach Johnny Galyon. Also, congrats to senior Jecca Simerly for eclipsing 1,000 points last night!

Wrong  !! JCHS girls are champions and they defeated M-W girls twice this season !

Why is there very little talk about R1 D1 this year. It seems that SH is clearly the best of the district but nobody really even blowing their horn from there as normally do. It seems as DB and Tn High are about equal and what is the deal with Boone?Heard alot about them before season but they seem to be a disappointment just by looking at standings. Anybody have any thoughts or seen any of the games?

Well we had high hopes when Myers came in. We've gone from bottom of Big Ten to bottom of Big Seven so I guess technically we have moved up three positions.

Not much to get excited or talk about.

Only bright spot since he's been here is post, she will be the best girl bball player in school history to graduate from Volunteer. 

The post you just referenced is from last season, jcpat.

Jeff Co and MoWest split the IMAC regular season title this season. Jeff Co gets the No. 1 seed in the district tournament thanks to their sweep of West, but the teams split the regular season title by rule because both finished 12-2 in district play.

Where is the district tournament being played at ?

The D2-AAA tournament (IMAC) will be held at South Doyle. Here's the tournament schedule:

Monday-Feb 9

Game 1 - 5:30 p.m. (7) Seymour vs (6) South-Doyle

Game 2 - 7 p.m. (8) Cherokee vs (5) Cocke County

Wednesday-Feb 11

Game 3 - 5:30 p.m. (4) Morristown East vs Game 2 Winner

Game 4 - 7 p.m. (3) Sevier County vs Game 1 Winner

Friday-Feb 13

Game 5 - 4 p.m. (2) Morristown West vs Game 4 Winner

Game 6 - 7 p.m. (1) Jefferson County vs Game 3 Winner

Saturday-Feb 14

Consolation - 3:30 p.m. Game 5 Loser vs Game 6 Loser

Championship - 6:30 p.m. Game 5 Winner vs Game 6 Winner

I believe the D1-AAA tournament will be held at Dobyns-Bennett. I'm sure someone has that schedule.

Bonne conference record is 18 and 20 in the past 3 seasons. Overal they are 5 wins over 500 in the past 3 seasons. It wasn't for lack of talent. Jenkins Carmichael and Vazquez have all been there. This season they gained a 62 girl. I wasn't at the game but talked with people who were and she was not in the game late nor was the little good guard 12. Boone will not make a change though because parents rule program. Administration will be too scared to make a change

Bonne conference record is 18 and 20 in the past 3 seasons. Overal they are 5 wins over 500 in the past 3 seasons. It wasn't for lack of talent. Jenkins Carmichael and Vazquez have all been there. This season they gained a 62 girl. I wasn't at the game but talked with people who were and she was not in the game late nor was the little good guard 12. Boone will not make a change though because parents rule program. Administration will be too scared to make a change

Thats why you shouldnt post about hearsay without seeing the game for yourself. If you would have watched the game you would know why they werent in the game.