So Far the Biggest Surprises and disapointments in 5/6A

tennesseestud2013

As far as disappointments, i would have to say Beech. I figured they would've rolled to the title game and won it once again, but Hurd got hurt and it all went to crap after that. One of the biggest surprises has been the emergence of Campbell County as a contending team. After so many downtrodden years it seems they finally have a little bit of a good thing going up there right now. I would also put Motown East in there as well.

The regular season is at the half way mark. It is at least 3 weeks too soon to be making judgments for any team this season.

Normally I would definitely agree with you. But my Clarksville Wildcats are 0-5. This is a huge disappointment. They have the players, I coached most of them in Middle school. I hold the coaches 100% responsible. This is the conclusion of a steady decline. It’s Time for a change.

Surprises?

AC. We knew they'd be good but #5 in state? Nice season.

CC. I agree with SS, they may end up 6-4 or 7-3, but I don't think any one really thought they'd do what all the predictors said.

Mo. East. May have been one of the worst football teams this side of the Mississippi. Great job over there.

Austin east. Disappointing, I didn't think they'd be this bad.

Scott co. 4-1. Hard to win up there, and their doing a good job.

I might add Powell to the disappointment list after tonight. They need a win tonight bad!! They have played the hardest schedule to date of any team in area, so AC better be ready. Powells played two defending state champs and now get #5 AC. Wow.