Oak Ridge @ Campbell Co.

tnchad1980

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cougars in a 2nd half rout! Both teams trade scores in the first half with the score being tied something like 21-21 at the break. CC comes out and scores first and holds OR to a field goal. CC comes back with another TD drive to go up 11. And the defense with that infused energy and toughness brought on by the Price brothers force a turnover to set the Cougs up with a short field. CC dials up another TD strike and the Cougs go up 42-24! Both teams tack on a FG in the 4th to reach the final score of 45-27 in favor of the Cougars! Call me insane. Call me delusional. Call me whatever, I don't care because I'm sippin the orange-and-blue LaFollette home brew!

Your sippin something....lol Same thing Hog and Crazy are and the rest of them that is picking CC But I just have a feeling OR is going to upset the cougars big time....lol Lets go "Underdogs"

Cougars in a 2nd half rout! Both teams trade scores in the first half with the score being tied something like 21-21 at the break. CC comes out and scores first and holds OR to a field goal. CC comes back with another TD drive to go up 11. And the defense with that infused energy and toughness brought on by the Price brothers force a turnover to set the Cougs up with a short field. CC dials up another TD strike and the Cougs go up 42-24! Both teams tack on a FG in the 4th to reach the final score of 45-27 in favor of the Cougars! Call me insane. Call me delusional. Call me whatever, I don't care because I'm sippin the orange-and-blue LaFollette home brew!

Great post Mr. Price!!! I'd be proud of my boys too.  LOL

That's a CLASSIC POST!!!   I hope it ends just like the Norman Rockwell picture u painted.

I think one thing that a lot of people fail to mention on these Campbell County threads is that there have been several years in the past when the talent level is just not comparable to the teams that they have on the schedule.  However, there have also been several years throughout the programs history where the talent was there, but you have got to have coaches to harness and guide that talent.  Campbell County was never willing to open up the check book and hire a decent coach until they hired coach Wells.  And I would venture to say that they did not pay him anything close to what a lot of high school coaches get paid by the boosters.  I know that in the four years that I played there we had some players with real potential to be great athletes.  It seemed that the coaches just never had control of them.  Its hard to win a game when half of your team gets kicked out of the game for doing something stupid.  Use to happen all the time.  It seems like under the current administration and coaches that the program is headed in the right direction. 

Edited by getbehindtheline

Like I said, we just hope to not get embarrassed, keep it injury free, play a clean game, and just try to beat some teams left on the schedule. Coming into this very aware of our position.  I just hope they can keep it within 35 points. This OR team is young but very capable. I just hope our boys don't get hurt trying to tackle the OR men.  Bless our Hearts, Please Pray for them tonight. 

Like I said, we just hope to not get embarrassed, keep it injury free, play a clean game, and just try to beat some teams left on the schedule. Coming into this very aware of our position.  I just hope they can keep it within 35 points. This OR team is young but very capable. I just hope our boys don't get hurt trying to tackle the OR men.  Bless our Hearts, Please Pray for them tonight. 

Why are you all in sarcastic defeatist mode? All the pundits are picking yall to win, not us. I just hope we can score a TD.

OR will arrive with a chip on there shoulders they are not getting any respect and Underdogs. Im for AC but I just dont see what everyone is seeing in CC?