Oak Ridge @ Campbell Co.

tnchad1980

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my son and I were talking about the game this morning. After talking about it for a few minutes, I laugh, put my hand on his shoulder, and say "look at it this way, you did something I never did". He's like "what, lose to Campbell County". I'm like "yeah". That was the end of our discussing the game. How big a jerk am ?

Lol...That's funny! We've been on the receiving end of so many whippings through the years that it almost feels strange that we won. Been a few years since we have played big boy ball. Feels good though.

He said it again last night to the team. He said, and I am paraphrasing, that he is always shocked to lose a game because he always expects to win. I think he's just trying to develop the mindset that we should always expect to win. Now he just needs to develop the mindset that we actually have to play to win.

you're exactly right! Funny story about your son, too!

LOL! Now that's funny right there! Atleast you can laugh about it. It was bound to happen at some point. Besides, they say it gets worse before it can get better. Gaddis will have Oak Ridge in contention in the next few years just be patient.

Yessir, we will be fine. I probably went a little overboard on my comments last night, i just hate to lose. As an lifetime OR fan it has been bred into me. Just have always expected to win, but when the shoe is on the other foot it isn't so much fun. But, you're right. We have loads of talent coming up, including a Robertsville Middle School team that is laced with talent. And not trying to use this as an excuse, because we got beat fair and square, but it's hard to overcome a good team like CC on the road when you have 3 guys who were very big contributors to the team. RB depth has really taken a hit, and Kazchoa(sp) was a real big loss. Edited by SweetScience

As for the last td, Oak Ridge was just standing around waiting for the clock to run out. Didn't have a clue CC would run another play. They'll learn "It ain't over till it's over". Still suxs, though.

Bounder? Are u serious?  If they didn't have a clue we'd run another play? If they didn't want us to run another play they shouldn't have mis managed the clock and started calling timeouts in the final minute of the game. I mean u stop the clock, we gotta run another play. Don't know if you were there or watch it online but heres the scenario.

Gaddis called a couple time out at the end. bailey had moved to tailback on the final drive which started at our own 2 yard line. We were in the wildcat basically. Next, we ran it down their throats and they knew we were running it. If u remember, Bailey broke one to the left and slid down at the first down marker to stay inbounds and keep the clock running, after a horrible spot it was 4th and 6 inches.  CC let the clock run down and called a TO.  When they came back out OR had stacked the line to try and hold them, and bailey broke it to the outside where OR had no containment.  That's the late TD and how it happened. For you to act like we should have taken a knee on 4th down and give OR time for a couple plays is absurd.

i have a question to through out to anybody there was a penalty call on CC#3 wide reciver for one of his knee pads had slid up above his knee for 10yds. first i have never heard of this and has anybody ever seen a reff through a flag for it? just wandering?

They called it an "equipment penalty". Never seen it either that I can remember. Didn't they throw the flag right before the snap on the next play? Maybe if it's not corrected before the next play its a penalty.

i have a question to through out to anybody there was a penalty call on CC#3 wide reciver for one of his knee pads had slid up above his knee for 10yds. first i have never heard of this and has anybody ever seen a reff through a flag for it? just wandering?

No Hog and CCcougar, your right.  Phillips wears some pants that are kinda tight and maybe a size too small. Ive never seen that called ever.  Im just gonna say this and if we had lost it would sound like sour grapes, but we won and it shouldn't matter too much so here goes. 

The refs just aren't used to CC playing well and had a tough time keeping up. They wouldn't even give us a measurement on 4th down so we would know what to do. But they twice gave OR measurements. A CC and OR player were jawing back and forth, and the ref tells the CC kid to shut up, even as the OR kid is running his flap heading back to sidelines. OR grabbed toress facemask and its a 5 yarder, we grab theirs and we get 2- 15 yarders. Then they call the pad thing on Phillips for 15. Then we hit Henderson so hard dust flew out of his Behind and he fumbles and they call him down by contact(AWFUL CALL), then at end of game as CC is celebrating in a 13 point game with 6 seconds left, they call a 15 yard unsportsman penalty. Just seems we won despite the officiating, u know

Bounder? Are u serious?  If they didn't have a clue we'd run another play? If they didn't want us to run another play they shouldn't have mis managed the clock and started calling timeouts in the final minute of the game. I mean u stop the clock, we gotta run another play. Don't know if you were there or watch it online but heres the scenario.

Gaddis called a couple time out at the end. bailey had moved to tailback on the final drive which started at our own 2 yard line. We were in the wildcat basically. Next, we ran it down their throats and they knew we were running it. If u remember, Bailey broke one to the left and slid down at the first down marker to stay inbounds and keep the clock running, after a horrible spot it was 4th and 6 inches.  CC let the clock run down and called a TO.  When they came back out OR had stacked the line to try and hold them, and bailey broke it to the outside where OR had no containment.  That's the late TD and how it happened. For you to act like we should have taken a knee on 4th down and give OR time for a couple plays is absurd.

CC you missed my point it just seemed like Oak Ridge had quit (gave up) instead of finishing the game. Nothing against Campbell County. They had no answer for your offense all night. Just saw the stats in the KNS, couldn't believe your receivers dropped any passes. Seemed like they caught all of them.

And I wondered about some of the calls both ways. Good win for you all.  

Edited by bounder

CC you missed my point it just seemed like Oak Ridge had quit (gave up) instead of finishing the game. Nothing against Campbell County. They had no answer for your offense all night. Just saw the stats in the KNS, couldn't believe your receivers dropped any passes. Seemed like they caught all of them.

And I wondered about some of the calls both ways. Good win for you all.  

Oh Ok, Sometimes we right things and the reader interpits it their way and I probably did that.  I know u seem like a good guy and that was just a weird statement. Sorry.

Now, I was surprised at the size of your linemen on both sides of the ball. They just don't seem big to me like I used to see at OR. Am I wrong there?  OR will have a lot of trouble vs AC and that big line they have.  we will know more in 3 weeks.