12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to watch a few more games to get a better judge on how good PC really is this year. Houston County played pretty good pressure defense, and I think PC did a good job of handling it for their first game of the year. It's was nice seeing 10-12 different players on the floor all in the 1st quarter. I can't remember PC having that much depth in a long time. There were improvements that needed to be made, but I believe that will come with time and experience.

1. Collinwood

2. Summertown

3. Perry Co

4. Wayne Co

5. Loretto

6. Clifton (I just cant get frank hughes to come out lol)

It looks like Stown &  PC both got wins and FH got the Lose last night.  Cwood gets going Friday & Saturday. 

I'm guessing that Loretto & WC won't start until after football finishes up.  I've heard that WC only has 4 or 5 players that are practicing right now due to football and 2 of those are freshmen & the others are sophmores & 1 senior.  If that is the truth then WC will be behind for a while. 

1. Collinwood

2. Summertown

3. Perry Co

4. Wayne Co

5. Loretto

I'll go with Cwood on top with all of the talent that they have coming back but I think that WC will finish in the top 3.  Stown's Nate Morrison got off to a good start last night with 15 points and Luke Scott added 11 points.  Both of those guys should be All District this season and with Tanner McGill back Stown should be better.

Cwood has Logan Montgomery (District MVP last year) back with All District Wesley Pigg and their point guard Tucker Roberson (who could be the District MVP this year) coming back with several other good players back.  Cwood should be state bound with the talent that they have on this team.  They will should win the biggest part of the games on their schedule.  Richland and Mt. Pleasant from district 11 could be their biggest challange. 

I'll have to watch a few more games to get a better judge on how good PC really is this year. Houston County played pretty good pressure defense, and I think PC did a good job of handling it for their first game of the year. It's was nice seeing 10-12 different players on the floor all in the 1st quarter. I can't remember PC having that much depth in a long time. There were improvements that needed to be made, but I believe that will come with time and experience.

I agree Guru. I got to the game late due to the fact that my wife was worried about ice but i did get to see plenty of the game and took note that we should be in pretty good shape especially with our motion offense.

1. Collinwood

2. Summertown

3. Perry Co

4. Wayne Co

5. Loretto

Cwood looked really good on Saturday night.  They are going to be very hard for other D12 teams to compete with this year.  Tucker Roberson had 15 points & 5 assists in the 1st quater and finished with a game high of 23 or 24 points.  Cwood hit several 3's and very strong inside.  They played Riverside and Riverside was not a bad team.  They had 18 points in the 1st quarter and kept it close the rest of the way.