Sycamore (1-4) @ Cheatham (1-4)

carefulwhatuwishfor

I heard about that on FB.  Sorry to hear about it and hope he has a speedy recovery.  Injuries are tough on a football team.

Still a lot of football to be played and most are head to head district contests that affect the playoff births.

Not to belabor the point too much, but just for my own edification, wasn't the top team from each classification in addition to the district champion and runner up the vehicle for the 3 win teams to get in?  That was one of the things they tweaked.  Not impossible, but pretty tough to have 3 district wins and finish in the top 2 unless it's a 4 or 5 team district.  The easiest way to the playoffs is number of W's.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about that on FB.  Sorry to hear about it and hope he has a speedy recovery.  Injuries are tough on a football team.

Still a lot of football to be played and most are head to head district contests that affect the playoff births.

Not to belabor the point too much, but just for my own edification, wasn't the top team from each classification in addition to the district champion and runner up the vehicle for the 3 win teams to get in?  That was one of the things they tweaked.  Not impossible, but pretty tough to have 3 district wins and finish in the top 2 unless it's a 4 or 5 team district.  The easiest way to the playoffs is number of W's.

1.  The first way into the playoffs is to finish 1st or 2nd in your district. (if #1 or #2 are under disciplinary action and are ineligible the other teams move up accordingly.

2.  The second criteria is the number of wins.

3.  The third is the team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

4.  The fourth is the team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

And so on and so forth..............

So, if you had 3 wins and in third place in your district and #1 or #2 were ineligible you could get in.  But, you know what they say about "if".......

1.  The first way into the playoffs is to finish 1st or 2nd in your district. (if #1 or #2 are under disciplinary action and are ineligible the other teams move up accordingly.

2.  The second criteria is the number of wins.

3.  The third is the team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

4.  The fourth is the team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

And so on and so forth..............

So, if you had 3 wins and in third place in your district and #1 or #2 were ineligible you could get in.  But, you know what they say about "if".......

Absolutely correct. 

Yeah.  In a 6 team district you'd have have an undefeated champion, a runner up with maybe a 3-2 record and then everybody else beating up on each other and finishing 2-3 or 1-4.  The more teams in your district, the tougher a 3 win district record getting you to 2nd place is. 

I do remember a more complex formula the first year we went to this format that let another automatic bid when the top 2 finishers were from the same classification.  That was also the year where a bunch of teams were playing other members of their district again in the 1st round.

Never know what can happen.  You're mathematically in it until you're not.  Lot of things can happen in the last few weeks.

At any rate, both are 1-4. Doesnt really matter how, 1-4 is 1-4.

One may be well better than the other, but bottom line is bottom line.

Cheatham County Schools have slowly and deliberately destroyed extra curricular activities. No right minded person would allow their child to live in such an "afterthough" of a school system.

It is truly disgusting.

2-4, 1-5 Delmar and Harpeth is 5-1.  Well 4-*-1.

Meh, we're used to it.  Let's see, we're on our 7th principal, about the same number of directors/superintendants, 8th baseball coach, 3rd basketball coach but only the 2nd football coach and one dead goat at HHS since my kids started in the system and I've only got 5 more years to go!

Back in the day at dear old CHS we had one superintendant, two principals, one football coach, 2 basketball coaches and 3 baseball coaches the entire time I was in school and 2 of the 3 baseball coaches were one and dones and they've only had 2 more in the 31 years since.