How legit is Dyersburg?

WestTNexpert

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully, you are wrong. Dyersburg has not played a team as fast and physical as Liberty. The Bears are also lurking in the shadows. I don't see Dyersburg making it out of their quad.

i dont think anyone is overlooking liberty rebels...except pearl cohn...and thats just fine

bpm is a milan fan and 3a guy...and tends to know what hes talking about

and i can promise u that the trojans are definitely not looking past trezevant...they have a bit of a history

they probably havent played anyone as athletic as liberty...but they have really blown out some pretty decent teams...they are peaking at the right time for a deep run in the postseason

as for liberty...we have yet to play 4 quarters of hardnosed ball...and we have yet to regain the boys that were on the field in the 1st half against Henry Co...if that team shows up we will be playing on thanksgiving again...

dyersburg fans should have a pretty good idea about how they would fair against trezevant...id like to hear their thoughts

Respectfully, you are wrong. Dyersburg has not played a team as fast and physical as Liberty. The Bears are also lurking in the shadows. I don't see Dyersburg making it out of their quad.

Have a couple of questions for you reb, did you see the game between Dyersburg and Trez last year?

Did you see the game between Dyersburg and Covington last year?

Is Liberty better than Covington was last year?

The reason for those questions; in both the games, dyersburg kept those teams from scoring until the 3rd quarter, problem was the offense could not move the ball and was 3 and out all night. Defense was gassed, and the gates opened.

Big difference in this years offense and last, at least a 21 point difference. Bigger, stronger, faster, more physical front, and a lot more tools to throw, catch,carry.

If Liberty is better than Covington was last year, should make for a great game.

As far as Trez, if Dyersburg is fortunate to make it that far, and does not get caught flat footed, well we look forward to to rematch. Trez coach knows our offense inside and out. Should be a hard game for the Trojans indeed.

Edited by mg

mg, I did not see the game between Dburg and Trezevant. I did however see the game between Dburg and Covington. And also the game between Trezevant and Covington. That was a nail biter of a game!

As far as Liberty being as good as last year's Covington team. I cannot in good conscience say that. Covington had some major horsepower last year. I do think Liberty's defense is pretty dang good. Their offense is not going to wow you but they have some athletes that can take it the distance of the defensive pieces aren't fitting right.

The problem that dyersburg will face with both Trezevant and Liberty will be that they have not played a defense that can hold the Trojans in check. The only one close so far has been Haywood and while they have made huge leaps and bounds of progress since last year, they aren't quite on the level of the other two.

I could be completely wrong. Liberty may even go quad 3. Many in West Tn would probably not be upset if that happened. I wouldn't sleep on Covington either. If they get everybody healthy, they do have good athletes and have one of the best staffs in the state.

Edited by rebels86

the best team, and most physical team dyersburg has play this season has been crockett county.  they are big, fast.  they have improved a lot since we played them.

they took Lexington to the woodshed early and often, even embarrassed their mommas.

suspect we will get a rematch.  that game will be a dog fight as well.

Edited by mg

the best team, and most physical team dyersburg has play this season has been crockett county.  they are big, fast.  they have improved a lot since we played them.

they took Lexington to the woodshed early and often, even embarrassed their mommas.

suspect we will get a rematch.  that game will be a dog fight as well.

liberty has had few issues moving the ball up and down the field on covington...libertys problems came from those lil guys on the sidelines with multicolored shirts...as far as covington scoring on liberty...they scored on their 1st drive in both games at 95 yards out...2nd play both time...and in the semis they drove a pretty good length of the field on the final drive...their other scores have come from liberty fumbles and interceptions

other than that covington was forced to punt a ton

libertys offense will not get better in my opinion...especially with a freshman qb...we cannot throw the ball downfield and when he runs...if hes caught...he has issues fumbling the ball

as far as our D...from what i saw of the westview game...dburgs offense is tailormade for libertys D...as in liberty wins that battle over and over again

a lil trickeration and misdirection gives liberty troubles...didnt see much of that during that particular game and the qb didnt look to be fast enough to outrun our ends

libertys offense is the key to both teams winning...turnovers will be the factor...our D has been able hold virtually everyone at bay after a TO...but we cant count on that in the playoffs...teams are better and able to capitalize

and crockett...running the same scheme as covington...is not as good as covington even this year...dburg will wear them out again

ps...tssaa just posted...liberty goin to quad 4 at the moment

if craigmont beats manassas then craigmont takes the 4 seed and hosts liberty

if craigmont does not get the W then liberty is the 4 and north side comes to tech as the top rated wc

also crockett beating westview would go to some tiebreakers to determine the runner up...that could be interesting...would that be determined by overall record as well???