Dobyns Bennett Football (regular season VS playoff record)

MrTSSAA

Well, by now, MR., you have determined that some of the DB fans are more than a little sensitive about their playoff history.  As you can see, cooler minds, those from Daniel Boone and TN High, have answered your question.  I believe you asked a sincere question.  I'll never forget when I first started posting years ago and tried to carry on some legitimate football conversation and got the same as you from these same yahoos. I can't believe the latest reply from Whacko Jocko.  Very poor. 

Hey, Whacko, how's the car parts business?

OK mutt , what is your team ? Let's start a thread about your team's failures ?? Sound fun ? Seriously TSSAA , trying to act all innocent now , how would you like it if we started a negative thread on your team ? Some of you guys are such Clowns I swear ... it's grins and giggles to talk a team of high school kids down if you don't like them ... Grow up little kids . 

Well, by now, MR., you have determined that some of the DB fans are more than a little sensitive about their playoff history.  As you can see, cooler minds, those from Daniel Boone and TN High, have answered your question.  I believe you asked a sincere question.  I'll never forget when I first started posting years ago and tried to carry on some legitimate football conversation and got the same as you from these same yahoos. I can't believe the latest reply from Whacko Jocko.  Very poor. 

Hey, Whacko, how's the car parts business?

The parts business is great. How are you doing fliping burgers?

OK mutt , what is your team ? Let's start a thread about your team's failures ?? Sound fun ? Seriously TSSAA , trying to act all innocent now , how would you like it if we started a negative thread on your team ? Some of you guys are such Clowns I swear ... it's grins and giggles to talk a team of high school kids down if you don't like them ... Grow up little kids . 

I can answer that! "mutts" team is Sullivan South. Their biggest failure is that they haven't beat DB in 20 years. Nobody had even seen a flat screen TV the last time they beat the Indians. The most famous loss came in 2006. You might of heard about it. DB 44, South 0. South was favored to win that game by the way.

The DB high sensitivity must be contagious. First, I doubt any high school kids give a flip about what you, I, or anyone else on here says. To imply they are somehow hurt by it is just plain laughable. Cruise around Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. and see what is being discussed. A real eye opener. The back and forth IS the Internet message boards. Without it you might as well shut it all down including CoachT. But hey, DB has probably already made you an honorary injun. So you got that.

I can answer that! "mutts" team is Sullivan South. Their biggest failure is that they haven't beat DB in 20 years. Nobody had even seen a flat screen TV the last time they beat the Indians. The most famous loss came in 2006. You might of heard about it. DB 44, South 0. South was favored to win that game by the way.

South was not favored in that game. That is just ridiculous. That was the year that DB came into the playoffs undefeated and ranked #1. Before the playoff era that would have been that, another Championship. But that pesky TSSAA sent lowly W. Blount up to J. Fred for their First Round beat down. Wait . . . W.B. 13 DB 10. But hey, you beat South. Good Times.

South was not favored in that game. That is just ridiculous. That was the year that DB came into the playoffs undefeated and ranked #1. Before the playoff era that would have been that, another Championship. But that pesky TSSAA sent lowly W. Blount up to J. Fred for their First Round beat down. Wait . . . W.B. 13 DB 10. But hey, you beat South. Good Times.

According to the District 7 homers, Maryville had diluted the talent in Blount County so much, it would have been impossible for W.B. to beat D.B.

A few things up front:

* I have zero ties to any high school in the entire state of Tennessee, let alone East Tennessee.

*I have been a resident of Kingsport for 20 years.

*Graham Clark is a fine man and good football coach.

*D-B is a good program with great support.

That said:

* With an astounding total of 754 wins against 221 losses and 28 ties to go with a playoff record of 28-30 (21 of those losses coming in the 1st two rounds), it's obvious that their overall record has been built against extremely weak competition over the years. There's really no other explanation. That doesn't mean it's a program that their fans shouldn't be proud of, but it is what it is. 

You are an idiot.  No, not SS.  Guess again.

A few things up front:

* I have zero ties to any high school in the entire state of Tennessee, let alone East Tennessee.

That said:

* With an astounding total of 754 wins against 221 losses and 28 ties to go with a playoff record of 28-30 (21 of those losses coming in the 1st two rounds), it's obvious that their overall record has been built against extremely weak competition over the years. There's really no other explanation. That doesn't mean it's a program that their fans shouldn't be proud of, but it is what it is. 

Thank you.  There you have it, MrTSSAA, your answer to the original question.

Hoss, I can't wait to see the responses from the Yahoos.

You have explained what everyone has known for years.

A few things up front:

That said:

I like how you explain how fair you are with your statement in advance of being un-fair. "there's really no other explanation" Really? Who are you compairing DB to? Sure the bulk of DB wins have come against weaker competition, but the same can be said for every football team in the country. Pick any team you want and look at the records and you will find that most of their wins come against weaker teams. You also fail to even consider DB wins over "good teams". But I've got to thank you for saying its ok for DB fans to be proud of the program. That was really nice of you.