Week 8: Oneida @ Coalfield

crow

Was that me....?  Lord, I don't have the time or stamina to look that far back.  I do remember stating that GB caught lightning in a bottle the night they played Coalfield.  I do not think that contest is reflective of Coalfield's strength as a team.  I think they just had a bad night when their opponent played well. (it happens)  OS really isn't a good indicator either, both Oneida and Coalfield won.....scores in those games don't really matter either because OS hung around in both of them.  Concrete thoughts:  Coalfield has advantage up front and Oneida has an edge in the skill positions.  Special teams could have a huge bearing on the game and the team with the fewest turnovers should be in the drivers seat.  You do NOT want to give either of these teams a short field....!  Losing Bible is a huge issue because Coalfield is build better for the run game.  Oneida is averaging over 300 yards of offense on the ground.....and they do it every way possible. (dives, traps, misdirection, sweeps, doubles, etc.) 

Kaz

I looked back through the posts and didn't see where anyone picked a winner from common opponents but I could have overlooked. I think Kaz mentioned the common opponents but immediately said that it didn't mean squat because it was two different nights. With that being said, I'm gonna pick Oneida in this one because oneida beat RW first game of the season and then GB lost to them over a month later and GB whipped CF way before they lost to RW who lost to Oneida ;):)

Edited by KickinWing11

I looked back through the posts and didn't see where anyone picked a winner from common opponents but I could have overlooked. I think Kaz mentioned the common opponents but immediately said that it didn't mean squat because it was two different nights. With that being said, I'm gonna pick Oneida in this one because oneida beat RW first game of the season and then GB lost to them over a month later and GB whipped CF way before they lost to RW who lost to Oneida

That reasoning makes as much sense as any I've saw so far. It all makes my head hurt, I'll just wait until Friday night and look at the score board after it's all over :roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

No kaz that was argument that was going on who have they beat , who have they beats and since when did you develop thin skin?😃 You know that it doesn't matter who you played or beat, you are dealing with kids and they can be a star one week and can't find the door the next week.

Edited by CleatlessInjun

:roflol: Brother....my skin is thicker than an Elephant hide...!   Right you are.....and some weeks you'd think the kids could strap a helmet to their butt and be just as productive as they usually are! (that probably sounds weird)  You know the saying.....not knowing your head from your hind end!  Anyway, I fully understand our past performances have little bearing on the next warship in the horizon!

:D Kazz  :D