Covington @ Ripley - 10/18

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers barely win. We escaped Ripley 10-8,

This was a lack-luster game by Covington, and an inspired performance by Ripley. Ripley's defense was superb. They knocked our #1 running back (Aaron Foster) out of the game. They held us to only a field goal until late in the 4th quarter. They were hitting like crazy, and some other Covington players were also injured.

Thankfully our Chargers were able to score late and then hold out the Tigers on their late scoring threat. Congrats to Ripley. If that team gives that effort every game, they will be hard to beat.

Chargers barely win. We escaped Ripley 10-8,

This was a lack-luster game by Covington, and an inspired performance by Ripley. Ripley's defense was superb. They knocked our #1 running back (Aaron Foster) out of the game. They held us to only a field goal until late in the 4th quarter. They were hitting like crazy, and some other Covington players were also injured.

Thankfully our Chargers were able to score late and then hold out the Tigers on their late scoring threat. Congrats to Ripley. If that team gives that effort every game, they will be hard to beat.

------------------------------------------

Fan 1st congrats on the win..teams have letdowns  at strange times / games where focus has been distracted from unknown sources..imo Ripley has come on strong last couple games ....anyways congrats on the win hope your players are heaing well ..also hope my Trojans dont take the Tigers too lightly next week//

District 14 will have to have one more team in other than Lexington. The second place team will get an automatic bid. I doubt Ripley beats Liberty so they probably won't get in. Obion certainly won't get in. I think Liberty is in quad 4. Making it a fairly stout quad also. Trezevant Craigmont Dyersburg Covington and probably Crockett are in as automatic bids. Haywood probably qualifies for wildcard. NS probably qualifies for wildcard. Liberty is an automatic qualifier now. They more than likely go 4. I don't know who else could qualify from Jackson westward.

District 14 will have to have one more team in other than Lexington. The second place team will get an automatic bid. I doubt Ripley beats Liberty so they probably won't get in. Obion certainly won't get in. I think Liberty is in quad 4. Making it a fairly stout quad also. Trezevant Craigmont Dyersburg Covington and probably Crockett are in as automatic bids. Haywood probably qualifies for wildcard. NS probably qualifies for wildcard. Liberty is an automatic qualifier now. They more than likely go 4. I don't know who else could qualify from Jackson westward.

yup thats what i see rebs...after the mizzou game ill prolly take another shot at updating quads 3 and 4...i feel like my projection from earlier this week was pretty close

haywood getting a 6th win could possibly change some of the 5-8 wild card spots

also congrats to haywood...i really thought jcm could pull that game off...tomcats played well i heard

Edited by dhstennis