A-AA District & Region Play

Booger

It would be a good match-up G......one or the other will likely have to get past CAK who won't be the least bit intimidated by the atmostphere of the tournament.  My guess is ND will see them since KC is from the same district.  I don't know if they separate district teams at the state like they do in Basketball?

Kaz

Kaz,

CAK has to get by Greeneville this Saturday, first, and that for sure isn't a "gimmie".  Coach Eiskamp knows what he is doing and will have the girls ready.  While CAK is strong, they aren't as strong as they have been in the past few years and Catholic has given them fits this season.

Usually, they don't put the same district teams in the same side of the bracket, though I have seen teams from the same district play in the semi finals.

Outside of seeing a CAK vs. Catholic or CAK vs. ND finals, I think I would love to see a Catholic vs. ND final, especially since I don't think they have met in the state tournament before.

Champs,

Has ND ever played Catholic in the state tournament?

BigG; Knox Catholic has never give us the boot, at least when we have been at the State...CAK has pretty much been our Achilles Heel at the Dance when we did not win it.

Year     Opponent                   Score               Title                             Record             Champions

1988                                        2-1                   Champions                 17-2-1              Notre Dame

1996                                        2-1 OT             Champions                 15-3-2              Notre Dame

1997                                        1-0                   Champions                 18-4-3              Notre Dame

2003    Pope John Paul II     2-4                   Div-II Quarter-finalist                           Baylor

2005    CAK                             0-2                   Semi-finalist                                           FRA

2006    CAK                             3-2 OT             Semi-finalist                                           CAK

2007    FRA                              0-1                   Semi-finalist               14-4-3               FRA

2008    FRA                              1-2                   Semi-finalist               16-5-1               CAK

2009    CAK                             1-2                    Finalist (Runner-up)   16-3-3              CAK

2010    CAK                             1-0                   Champions                 12-7-3                Notre Dame

2011    CPA                             0-1 2xPKs        Semi-finalist               8-12-2                CAK

2012    White House              1-2                   Quarter-finalist          12-3-5               CPA

...hoping of course that all changes this time around; but we have to quit playing up and down games and get by Grace tomorrow afternoon at 6:00 first

Kaz,

CAK has to get by Greeneville this Saturday, first, and that for sure isn't a "gimmie".  Coach Eiskamp knows what he is doing and will have the girls ready.  While CAK is strong, they aren't as strong as they have been in the past few years and Catholic has given them fits this season.

Usually, they don't put the same district teams in the same side of the bracket, though I have seen teams from the same district play in the semi finals.

Outside of seeing a CAK vs. Catholic or CAK vs. ND finals, I think I would love to see a Catholic vs. ND final, especially since I don't think they have met in the state tournament before.

BigG; Booger would like nothing more than to grant you your wish....ND w/out question, has the parts to make the full run (we have to many big stage players); but there has to be a big change in consistency of play and a few more of those balls that are wearing the frame out, have to start coming inside that frame a few more inches.....I am confident that our 2 coaches will start getting there intensity level up higher; because this is where those 2 start to get the best out of them....we shall soon see.....but like I said in an earlier post; we have to get by Grace and a few of their stage players

BigG; Knox Catholic has never give us the boot, at least when we have been at the State...CAK has pretty much been our Achilles Heel at the Dance when we did not win it.

Year     Opponent                   Score               Title                             Record             Champions

1988                                        2-1                   Champions                 17-2-1              Notre Dame

1996                                        2-1 OT             Champions                 15-3-2              Notre Dame

1997                                        1-0                   Champions                 18-4-3              Notre Dame

2003    Pope John Paul II     2-4                   Div-II Quarter-finalist                           Baylor

2005    CAK                             0-2                   Semi-finalist                                           FRA

2006    CAK                             3-2 OT             Semi-finalist                                           CAK

2007    FRA                              0-1                   Semi-finalist               14-4-3               FRA

2008    FRA                              1-2                   Semi-finalist               16-5-1               CAK

2009    CAK                             1-2                    Finalist (Runner-up)   16-3-3              CAK

2010    CAK                             1-0                   Champions                 12-7-3                Notre Dame

2011    CPA                             0-1 2xPKs        Semi-finalist               8-12-2                CAK

2012    White House              1-2                   Quarter-finalist          12-3-5               CPA

...hoping of course that all changes this time around; but we have to quit playing up and down games and get by Grace tomorrow afternoon at 6:00 first

Not sure how to read this Booger, but it appears ND has been champion a couple times too many if I'm seeing it correctly. The Lady Irish have been state champs only in 1988 and 2010. And, I say only proudly. two good teams. And, as the thread says all roads lead through CAK one way or another.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

Teams from the same region (and by definition, district as well) have to be on different sides of the bracket.  So yes, if KC and CAK both win, they could not face each other again until the finals.  Same with CCS and ND.  If the other 4 region winners from middle Tennessee and the west win, they could end up on the same side as each other.  Ex: White House and CPA could be on the same side as well as Jackson Christian and Dyersburg.

It would be a good match-up G......one or the other will likely have to get past CAK who won't be the least bit intimidated by the atmostphere of the tournament.  My guess is ND will see them since KC is from the same district.  I don't know if they separate district teams at the state like they do in Basketball?

Kaz

Teams from the same region (and by definition, district as well) have to be on different sides of the bracket.  So yes, if KC and CAK both win, they could not face each other again until the finals.  Same with CCS and ND.  If the other 4 region winners from middle Tennessee and the west win, they could end up on the same side as each other.  Ex: White House and CPA could be on the same side as well as Jackson Christian and Dyersburg.

The bracket was re-drawn last year to separate CPA and White House.

That is correct as CPA and White House were both in Region 5 from 2009-12.  With the new districts, White House is still in 5, but CPA is in 6 so for the next four years, they can potentially be on the same side of the bracket.

The bracket was re-drawn last year to separate CPA and White House.

Not sure how to read this boober, but it appears ND has been champion a couple times too many if I'm seeing it correctly. The Lady Irish have been state champs only in 1988 and 2010. And, I say only proudly. two good teams. And, as the thread says all roads lead through CAK one way or another.

Rabble; thanks for squaring that away....that was a copy and paste on the run out the door and was from a source including the boys also....was not supposed to show up quite like that....maybe the deficiencies got a stir out of a few....I am sure someone here can correct the years defective :? Edited by Booger

ND 2

Grace 1

Deciding goal made in last minute or so. ND had really one defensive breakdown, which led to the goal, but controlled much of the game. Same problem as usual, not finding the back of the net. The Grace parents were really energetic, and ND had a few parents tossed, but I'm truly not sure why. It was a great atmosphere tonight!

ND 2

Grace 1

Deciding goal made in last minute or so. ND had really one defensive breakdown, which led to the goal, but controlled much of the game. Same problem as usual, not finding the back of the net. The Grace parents were really energetic, and ND had a few parents tossed, but I'm truly not sure why. It was a great atmosphere tonight!

Really? No idea why?