Summit

cubs1

Hey man, just put the ego aside. No one cares. If you really are at that level of coaching, then why are you on HS message boards? Just move on.

This is a board about the opening at Summit. Please just stick to that.

I do agree with HighLife that a younger coach in the area would be a great way to go, however I have a feeling Summit admin will be looking for someone with a couple of wrinkles. Too bad. A young enthusiastic coach that is looking to sell out might be good to motivate a school and

community to rally around the program

I think they will do the same. Usually when schools higher younger coaches and it doesn't work, they follow that up with the opposite in hiring. Does it make sense? Yes. Do I think that should be the way it goes? No. But I think Summit is a decent job if u are allowed to build your program and get a window where ur allowed to watch it grow. To me I think it's a 4-5 year window to be a playoff team, but that just depends on the quality of athlete that the school is drawing

I guess I started all this with the KC comment. I'm sorry! lol. I simply meant that it doesn't automatically make him the right choice. He may be great, may not. I do know KC is a very small school and being the coach there doesn't automatically make you a great coach or football guru. I think the summit job will be very appealing to a lot of people.

Glad he played at a higher level. Good for him. Put my resume against any of you who think I'm terrible. Last team I lost to was in Durham, NC by 7 points. It is funny that you think I need to watch film, because that is literally all I do from 6am to 11pm, with the exception of two hours for practice. Feel free to watch my team Oct 31st on ESPN, and you can judge how well we are prepared.

No mention of the one you lost by 55?

I'm sure u won't get many recruits with ur attitude.. Ur AD and head coach might like to know about the kind words u have for High School coaches in Tennessee

Good news for SHS

Blade likes to jump around on the coaching merry go round ( kidding think if he stays he will make Indy a contender yearly )

SHS went out and took a gamble with an assistant on a team that had a nice run ( Smyrna) but any coach looks great with the talent the Bulldogs had , thus that is why I think Summit made the mistake - should have went with a proven coach .....

• Upvote 1

If we would have had one of those great Williamson county position coaches to get us to run 4-4 cover 3 all game we might have had a better shot against that SEC team.

There are SEC teams and then there are teams that play in the SEC.  Mississippi State is one of the latter.  They beat Bowling Green by one point last week so did the BG coaches watch more film and prepare better?

Good news for SHS

Blade likes to jump around on the coaching merry go round ( kidding think if he stays he will make Indy a contender yearly )

SHS went out and took a gamble with an assistant on a team that had a nice run ( Smyrna) but any coach looks great with the talent the Bulldogs had , thus that is why I think Summit made the mistake - should have went with a proven coach .....

Proven coaches were probably smart enough to stay away.

Proven coaches were probably smart enough to stay away.

I'll go back to what I said before, successful coaches don't leave good programs and that why they continue to be successful. They may get a proven coach from a lower classification, otherwise they need to find a solid assistant somewhere that fits what the program needs. Someone that knows what it takes and can get the kids, school and community excited. Good luck summit.

Glad he played at a higher level. Good for him. Put my resume against any of you who think I'm terrible. Last team I lost to was in Durham, NC by 7 points. It is funny that you think I need to watch film, because that is literally all I do from 6am to 11pm, with the exception of two hours for practice. Feel free to watch my team Oct 31st on ESPN, and you can judge how well we are prepared.

Honestly dude?  You are that bothered by a lowly high school forum that you are throwing around your "resume"?  It's pretty hard to believe that a "college coach" who is so in tune with coaching the finer points of the game has this much time for defending his awesomeness online.

I have been to multiple places and on multiple levels, funny thing is the number 1 thing that wins games is talent.  After that is coaching.  Level is pretty much related to who you know and how you recruit, with out a doubt those are the top two qualities out there for a collegiate assistant.

I have seen college and high school coaches that are savants, mentally playing on another level and can COMMUNICATE their knowledge to players.  I have seen college staffs that have guys who aren't very good coaches but can talk you out of your first born hence the reason they have a position, they can recruit.  I have also seen former pros and college guys really struggle at the high school level because they don't have the natural talent base to work with and have a rough time conveying it to average athletes.

I don't know the guy from Kentucky Christian, do know it is a small school, do know their head coach was a long time high school guy just like multiple of their coaches...mind boggling since HS guys are clueless.  Gus Malzahn and Art Briles are really struggling to adjust to the game, can't wrap their small knowledge base around those overly complex schemes.  As far as the value of high school coaches in the eyes of college, you may have that view that they can't learn anything but I have had many conversations with coaches interested in learn from whoever they can.

Good luck dominating the football world, questionable how important you actually are to your alleged program, your humility is astounding and really draws others in, should serve you well in building professional relationships.