Tellico at Greenback

orngnblk

I sat right in middle tellico stands and I didn't hear any cussing at the ball players. Now I am sure I didn't hear everything but I can say if they did I apologize I do not like that....

No need to apologize. This is HS football where a bunch of 16-17 year old kids are in an organized fight. Add in a district rivalry and it's guaranteed there will be a little extra pushing, shoving, and mouthiness. That's not an excuse for player behavior, just an observation that these kids would likely behave differently when they're not in the heat of a football game.

Parents, on the other hand, should know better. But everyone gets there adrenaline pumping and into that "fighting" spirit. Usually people cool off after the game and understand they were out of line.

All of us are sometimes guilty of blaming an entire team for the actions of one player or parent. I know I have been.

#66 was the leader of a GB line (both offense and defense) that was physically smaller than Tellico by a good margin. If you looked at the captains at midfield before kickoff, GB was possibly more outsized than any game yet this year.

But Greenback's line play was huge, making holes for Folkner and LaForce who got in behind #66 as a lead blocker and chewed up yardage. On the other side, GB's defensive line did a great job stuffing the Wing T (they should by now, they've seen it enough).

ONB I will say this you can tell GB wanted to prove they were physical. They did just that. They came out and played hard, blocked well, and did what it took to win. Even after Tellico woke up GB still fought hard. If they continue to play that way they will do well. Once Tellico got some momentum GB got some turnovers to keep Tellico from building on that. Really the way you see a game in your head when you think about how you want to play... Good job Tellico will get back to work this week... Still got a shot at the playoffs and need to focus on that

You guys are in the playoffs,and in the right quad could see you all winning the first game,after that it will take it will get tough!

OnB, I didn't see this game but I've saw your son play so I can answer that for ya, I'm sure his motor was running wide open all night! I kinda figured someone may have had to put a little hot sauce on those "average at best" words from earlier this week. We've played average, y'all ain't it! As for #1, glad to hear he's doing better, tell him I like he way he plays he game. Like the way the whole team plays actually but it don't ever hurt these young men to hear it said by someone they don't know. Best to y'all & congrats on the win.

crow this is why i like Oneida it is a mutual respect of two very traditional programs.Tellico has had a very good tradition in the past and are making great strides for the future.I didnt comment much this week at all for the fact i would have been "taking up" for the boys this o-line is as good as we have ever had,using the GCA game as a gauge is ridiculous by any means.The way they came out after us was crazy,other than a Catholic team i seen back in 85 or 86 that had a #21 that played for UT as a punt returner and just killed us,GCA is one of the most balanced teams i have seen.Enough of that!This was the most undisciplined i have ever seen some GB kids in one game ever and it is being delt with,no excuses for unsportsman penalties PERIOD!1925Kee the line did do a good job almost 400 yrds of offense 4 passes for over 100 yrds and near 300 rushing i didnt see that much being had but the O-line got it done and NO PRESSURE what so ever on the QB!On to Midway.AS i said Tellico is getting the respect back they played hard and physical you do that and the wins will come!