Milan vs Huntingdon

heatwave

BPM HOPING yall have  a good off season as I know Milan will be back on top soon...  

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!   where u been fb64...layin low now that ur boys are rolling...i see ya bud

keep it up...wanted to come to ur game tonight but the funds didnt work out so well

as for milan and the sgc thing...sgc isnt anything impressive...i dont think they hurt the talent pool of the bulldogs...bpm is right on the money as far as the perfect storm...

I remember reading on here few years back about South Gibson and how it would hurt Milan.Is this really Legit or just pot stirring.

Right now it was just pot stirring.  The SGC football program is young -- we have had a varsity team for just three years.  In that three years we have done pretty good.  First year we made the playoffs and were removed in the first round by Milan.  Last year we were undefeated in regular season and lost in the first round to East Hickman.  We had some really good players graduate and we have spent the year hot and cold as the newer players gain valuable experience on the field.  As the community grows and provides a larger student base we should get better and better.  Milan has had many, many years to build their football program.  And it shows!  I don't think SGC will "hurt" Milan for several more years.  But as the program solidifies from Pee-Wee to Middle School to High School it will become a real threat to Milan.  For now Milan will continue to be the dominating school in 3A.

Oh, I think we are going to make the playoffs again this year.  I hope we can make it past the first round!

Right now it was just pot stirring.  The SGC football program is young -- we have had a varsity team for just three years.  In that three years we have done pretty good.  First year we made the playoffs and were removed in the first round by Milan.  Last year we were undefeated in regular season and lost in the first round to East Hickman.  We had some really good players graduate and we have spent the year hot and cold as the newer players gain valuable experience on the field.  As the community grows and provides a larger student base we should get better and better.  Milan has had many, many years to build their football program.  And it shows!  I don't think SGC will "hurt" Milan for several more years.  But as the program solidifies from Pee-Wee to Middle School to High School it will become a real threat to Milan.  For now Milan will continue to be the dominating school in 3A.

Oh, I think we are going to make the playoffs again this year.  I hope we can make it past the first round!

Good luck in the playoffs potts!!!

• 1 month later...

Hard to say exactly.  Yes, his son is graduating and most likely going to play baseball or even football (maybe both) in college.  He will probably won't to see his son play. 

The key question is does he have his 30 yrs in to get his state retirement.  I know he is very close.  That would make a big difference. 

Honestly, I just can't see him going out on a sour note such as this last season.  If doesn't have his 30yrs in (which I think he is a couple shy..... could be wrong) He definitely won't leave. Combine that with the amazing talent coming up the pipeline and I would bet he stays at least 2 more years. 

Hard to say exactly.  Yes, his son is graduating and most likely going to play baseball or even football (maybe both) in college.  He will probably won't to see his son play. 

The key question is does he have his 30 yrs in to get his state retirement.  I know he is very close.  That would make a big difference. 

Honestly, I just can't see him going out on a sour note such as this last season.  If doesn't have his 30yrs in (which I think he is a couple shy..... could be wrong) He definitely won't leave. Combine that with the amazing talent coming up the pipeline and I would bet he stays at least 2 more years. 

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure you've heard the rumor too and with his son graduating that only leads to more rumors.

Pretty sure Coach Ward would jump at the job if offered..good hand to be in IMO