East/Middle

1. Ensworth

2. MBA

3. Brentwood Academy

4. Baylor*

5. Father Ryan*

6. McCallie

7. Pope John Paul

*Baylor and Ryan play in Week 10, so I flipped a coin for this matchup. 

West*

1. MUS

2. Briarcrest

3. Christian Brothers

4. St. Benedict

*The West seeds assume that MUS beats Briarcrest and CBHS beats St. Benedict. Both results are expected, but you never know.

First Round

(W4) St. Benedict at (W3) Christian Brothers

Winner visits Ensworth

(E7) Pope John Paul at (E4) Baylor

Winner visits MBA

(E6) McCallie at (E5) Father Ryan

Winner visits MUS

Quarterfinals

St. Benedict/CBHS at Ensworth

Brentwood Academy at Briarcrest

JPII/Baylor at MBA

McCallie/Ryan at MUS

Here are the remaining league games that will determine the final seeds:

Week 9

Ensworth at Baylor

MBA at Pope John Paul

Father Ryan at McCallie

Week 10

Ensworth at Brentwood Academy

MBA at McCallie

Baylor at Father Ryan

MUS at Briarcrest

St. Benedict at Christian Brothers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then BA would be 5 and head to mus ? My school bias has killed me the last 3 years with ensworth. They have BA's number. Once again through my rosé colored BA glasses I think athletically we stack up against them better than anyone.. Even though each year I think the same thing and we lose. Everyone knows what they are going to do for the most part...it's at BA - BA is playing better than they have all year. But not holding my breath on this one. If I have one bit of hope ... No one really ( not even st x ) has run on BA this year, but then again no one has that line ensworh has ... Back to square one

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Then BA would be 5 and head to mus ?

No.  BA and Ryan would tie at 3-3 but Ryan would win the tie breaker to be seed #3 and BA would be #4, pummel PJP in Round 1 and then play at #2 MBA in the quarterfinals.  McCallie and Baylor would play in Round 1 to decide who plays at MUS in the quarterfinals.  Ensworth will pummel the winner of the CBHS-St Benedict game and Ryan will play at Briarcrest in the other 2 quarterfinal games.   IMO these are the most likely scenarios.

BTW Ensworth has EVERYBODY's "number"....

What do you think about the new AP poll with ECS and BA tied for third?

What a joke.  BA would mercy rule them IMO.  There still are voters in these polls who do not understand the GULF between A and AA or else are just being politically correct....

Edited by owlbooster

Okay got it ... I like that scenario ...that's an easy drive for me to MBA ... I like BAs chances on a rematch with them. I would assume BA would rest their starters against jp2.

When BA lost to Father Ryan earlier this year after the game both teams walked out through the front gates ... Ensworths offensive line was standing right there facing both teams... They had a bye week. Just standing there smirking ....I didnt see a single BA player acknowledge them but they made sure everyone could see them.

Next week things will get interesting around here

No. BA and Ryan would tie at 3-3 but Ryan would win the tie breaker to be seed #3 and BA would be #4, pummel PJP in Round 1 and then play at #2 MBA in the quarterfinals. McCallie and Baylor would play in Round 1 to decide who plays at MUS in the quarterfinals. Ensworth will pummel the winner of the CBHS-St Benedict game and Ryan will play at Briarcrest in the other 2 quarterfinal games. IMO these are the most likely scenarios.

What a joke. BA would mercy rule them IMO. There still are voters in these polls who do not understand the GULF between A and AA or else are just being politically correct....

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

No. BA and Ryan would tie at 3-3 but Ryan would win the tie breaker to be seed #3 and BA would be #4, pummel PJP in Round 1 and then play at #2 MBA in the quarterfinals. McCallie and Baylor would play in Round 1 to decide who plays at MUS in the quarterfinals. Ensworth will pummel the winner of the CBHS-St Benedict game and Ryan will play at Briarcrest in the other 2 quarterfinal games. IMO these are the most likely scenarios.

What a joke. BA would mercy rule them IMO. There still are voters in these polls who do not understand the GULF between A and AA or else are just being politically correct....

I used to vote in the AP poll and still get its weekly emails. I sent a "reply all" last year to remind people of the massive disparity between the leagues. The general response I got was that voters liked to reward the top 1-2 DII-A teams, even if they knew those squads couldn't hang in the other league.

I think that's hogwash, but unfortunately it's the way many of those guys think.

Edited by WesVLT

If BA does not beat Ensworth, then Ryan only has to split with Baylor and McCallie in order to get the #3 seed.  I consider that a much more likely outcome.

If they lose to Baylor wouldn't you have a 3 way tie with Baylor,BA, and Ryan at 3-3?  Then where would the tie-breaker go since they would have beaten each other?

If they lose to Baylor wouldn't you have a 3 way tie with Baylor,BA, and Ryan at 3-3?  Then where would the tie-breaker go since they would have beaten each other?

You would bring that up....

If Ryan loses to Baylor and beats McCallie, indeed all 3 would tie at 3-3 and at 6-4 overall, in which case I'm pretty sure BA would win the tie breaker and be #3, based on having played the most teams with a 50% or better win-loss record (8 versus 6 for the other 2), with Baylor #4 and Ryan #5 based on head-to-head. Then McCallie would play at Ryan to decide MUS' opponent!  Crazy, eh?

It's all still up in the air obviously.  IMO at home Ryan beats Baylor and the above scenario does not occur.  Yet also BA at home beating EHS is not totally out of the question.  And what about Baylor at home over EHS?  They pulled off that miracle 2 years ago!  We shall see....

Edited by owlbooster

I used to vote in the AP poll and still get its weekly emails. I sent a "reply all" last year to remind people of the massive disparity between the leagues. The general response I got was that voters liked to reward the top 1-2 DII-A teams, even if they knew those squads couldn't hang in the other league.

I think that's hogwash, but unfortunately it's the way many of those guys think.

AND it's only a poll anyway....

Edited by owlbooster