Nashville Christian (8-0 really) vs. East Nashville (7-1) - 10.25.2013

NCSdad1962

I'm not confused at all. But if you were at the same game and you truly feel that NCS was the better team, then you my friend are delusional. I'm out. Moving on to next weeks games.

At this point, 34-30 NCS, it doesn't matter who anyone thinks is the better team.  My explanation (1 opinion only) laid out exactly how we got to 34-30 NCS.  Sometimes the truth hurts.  Most folks learn from games like that - I guarantee you we did.

I figured it wouldn't take much to move you on - good luck next week and in the playoffs.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Ok well now I will get started since I read the last post. NCS won because of one little thing. The outcome was predetermined by a group of men who took it upon themselves to give NCS a chance to win, the officials. East out coached, tell me how. Offensively east could not be stopped except for some bogus calls that should not have been made. East had a touchdown called back late for ineligible downfield. The kid was two yards downfield after the ball was thrown. Ref looking to throw a flag. East rolled up nearly four hundred yards of offense not counting that td. Defensively east kept your stud rb in check most of the night. I would say he had around 70 yards. Oh he also had at least one fumble. East did give up too many big plays though to the qb. Special teams I'll give that one to NCS. East had a botched kickoff return that NCS recovered that gave NCS momentum. Better conditioned don't think so. Linemen gassed ok maybe a couple near the end. Your skill guys couldn't cover a screen pass all night long so I would say that's a wash at best. And finally you wanted it more. Haha. Two touchdowns called back. Unsportsmanlike because a kid was excited after a big play, ineligible downfield -two yards, intentional grounding when qb was out of the pocket ball thrown ten yards downfield to a receiver five yards from where the ball landed, late hit when the rb was running down your sideline fighting for extra yardage and no whistle yet because the rb was still in bounds, etc. you all didn't want it anymore than east did. You just had a whole heck of a lot of help along the way.

As I already said two NCS parents apologized to the east coaches because of what they said was unfair officiating. That should tell you something. NCS is a good team and should be in cookeville in a few weeks but your points were way off in my opinion. Good luck the rest of the year.

Our stud RB had 131 yards rushing. That's 61 yards more than you stated above. Oh and our QB had 101 yards rushing.

The late hit call was not for the hit that knocked him out of bounds as he was going for extra yards but for the second guy who piled on after he was out. There was no receiver even remotely in the area for intentional grounding call. Both of these plays happened right in front of me. They were correct calls.

Edited by NCSDad54

I was just curious about the game. Doesn't sound like anyone has any real game info other than NCS can't win without help from the refs and east only had four possessions for the entire game (they couldn't be stopped all night but only scored four times)! East also has a bunch of thugs (that cry). It's too bad that more football wasn't played last night.

I was just curious about the game. Doesn't sound like anyone has any real game info other than NCS can't win without help from the refs and east only had four possessions for the entire game (they couldn't be stopped all night but only scored four times)! East also has a bunch of thugs (that cry). It's too bad that more football wasn't played last night.

What specifically would you like to know? - was at the game and there was a boatload of football played.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I would imagine NCS has no where near the team speed as East. How did they handle the speed? Is the NCS team full of seniors or are they set up for a while? What was the turning point in the game?

You are correct about their team speed.  I wouldn't say we handled it - it was a problem from start to finish.  But our D is very sound fundamentally and they were in the right places at the right times.  It was a "bend but don't break kind of night".

We only have a few seniors but they are leaders and crucial (QB and MLB specifically).  Our QB had his best game I've ever seen last night.  QB rating of 139 (7-10 and 109 yards) and around 100 yards on 22 carries.  It was a weird night for us in that only 2 guys had carries - both had 22.  Our stud tailback is only a sophomore and our OL guy that is getting D1 interest/offers is a junior.

There wasn't really one turning point in the game.  The first momentum changer was right after we scored to make it 14-7, we recovered a "sky" kick on their 30 and scored about 9-10 plays later to tie it up.  They failed on a fake punt at about midfield with only a little time left in the first half.  After we scored in the 3rd to make it 30-28 they ran the kickoff back for a TD but chopped blocked our kicker and it was called back.  We scored early in the 4th to make it 34-30 (failed on a two-point conversion).  They ran the kickoff back to our 35.  They got to our 5 a few plays later and then a bad shotgun snap and our pass rush flushed their QB out of the pocket and he threw an interception as he was falling down.  We had a three-and-out and punted to about midfield.  They got to our 35 where the QB scrambled again. An O lineman thought he was going to take off and was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage when the QB threw a TD pass.  That came back and on 4th and 7, the QB scrambled and threw a pass 15 yards out-of-bounds.  We got a first down on 2 running plays by our tailback and took 2 knees to end the game.

Me and my homies in the student section all agreed that the missed delay of game penalty was the difference................... :)

We are just glad to know South Pittsburg won't be citing officiating or cramps (menstrual?) when NCS whoops up on them in Cookeville! :popcorneater:

I'm sure ole pirate & Ambassador would agree.........LMBO

gold-lg%281%29.jpgimagesCAAXHRH2.jpg

You better be worrying about what stands between you and the big show instead of who you might face cause I guarantee you if SP can somehow win the battles against these tough teams between now and then you can rest assure whoever is there with them will have a 4 full qtrs ahead of them . Personally I still believe UC will be in cookeville not NCS. Sorry other NCS fans no disrespect meant to uou or your players im sure you folks are pretty good folks but fans like this little kid gives your team a bad rap.Good luck to UC .....

You better be worrying about what stands between you and the big show instead of who you might face cause I guarantee you if SP can somehow win the battles against these tough teams between now and then you can rest assure whoever is there with them will have a 4 full qtrs ahead of them . Personally I still believe UC will be in cookeville not NCS. Sorry other NCS fans no disrespect meant to uou or your players im sure you folks are pretty good folks but fans like this little kid gives your team a bad rap.Good luck to UC .....

Oh it's Mr, Serious...just having a little fun...lighten up gramps.....go drink some prune juice. Everybody at NCS, including me knows it won't be an easy road to Cookeville. Union City is scary good, and secretly I'm worried about them, but let's keep that between you and me, OK. I have a reputation to protect!

good afternoon guys,

personally, I think we need to be more concerned about coming out of our quad. JB is peaking at the right time, and we all know that coach Atkins will have his team ready. WC is playing good football right now as well. Quad 3 will be no cake walk for NCS. Good luck to all teams and God bless.