Webb forfeit win? Someone please explain this to me

Hadmatter

I was on the Ensworth website one time and I believe that I read that they gave out over 1 million dollars in need based financial aid in one school year.

From The Webb School web site:

Financial Aid

Webb School awarded $1.5 million in financial aid in 2013. That aid was distributed among approximately 168 students with grants ranging from $1,000 to $15,000.

Webb is far more similar to the D2-AA schools than it is to the D2-A schools.

If the TSSAA went to a three-tiered Division II in 2017, here's how things could look:

DII-A: 0-230

DII-AA: 231-500

DII-AAA: 501+

How would the numbers line up if you went as follows:

D2-A: 0-230

D2-AA: 231-400

D2-AAA: 401+

I am pretty sure that this would move only ECS and Webb up. I am convinced that such a dividing line would result in a much more competitive D2-AA division - Webb, which has, I believe, won every football state championship but one since it joined D2-A, has proven that it is simply too big for the others to compete with on a level playing field. Their record this year against the new D2-A teams solidifies this conclusion (they beat the tar out of both Friendship and BGA this year). We keep focusing on whether Webb can compete against the "big boys" - maybe they can and maybe they can't, but we KNOW that the DCAs, Friendships, etc. of the world simply cannot compete with Webb. How fair to them is it to begin each year with their goal to win the silver, not the gold, ball? It is also odd that all focus in these threads seems to be about Webb versus Ensworth, MUS, BA, MBA. What about JPII, Briarcrest, St. Benedict and even CBHS? Seems like Webb would be more than competitive with those schools. Travel for Webb to the Chattanooga and Nashville schools is possible and is accomplished in other sports. Speaking of other sports, the current classification has also worked to the advantage of the largest D2-A schools in other team sports as well, including basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.

How would the numbers line up if you went as follows:

D2-A: 0-230

D2-AA: 231-400

D2-AAA: 401+

I am pretty sure that this would move only ECS and Webb up. I am convinced that such a dividing line would result in a much more competitive D2-AA division - Webb, which has, I believe, won every football state championship but one since it joined D2-A, has proven that it is simply too big for the others to compete with on a level playing field. Their record this year against the new D2-A teams solidifies this conclusion (they beat the tar out of both Friendship and BGA this year). We keep focusing on whether Webb can compete against the "big boys" - maybe they can and maybe they can't, but we KNOW that the DCAs, Friendships, etc. of the world simply cannot compete with Webb. How fair to them is it to begin each year with their goal to win the silver, not the gold, ball? It is also odd that all focus in these threads seems to be about Webb versus Ensworth, MUS, BA, MBA. What about JPII, Briarcrest, St. Benedict and even CBHS? Seems like Webb would be more than competitive with those schools. Travel for Webb to the Chattanooga and Nashville schools is possible and is accomplished in other sports. Speaking of other sports, the current classification has also worked to the advantage of the largest D2-A schools in other team sports as well, including basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.

ECS would still not likely move up with a cutoff of 400