South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

I believe many factors come into play

For Marion:

1) Dominate on both sides of the line

2) secure the edge

3) make 1 on 1 tackles

4) no turnovers

For South Pittsburg

1) Limit penalties

2) pass coverage

3) limit big plays to Riley, Shoemaker, brooks, and walters (blake will get his regardless)

4) negative plays/ turnovers

Have seen Marion play 5 times and SP 3...give Marion the coaching advantage with that said I predict Marion comes out on top 35-33.  The reason being Zeman is hungry, the fans are hungry, and Mac really wants this one im sure.  Good luck to both, praying of course for an injury free and sportsmanlike game from both teams

Are you joking me? How many championships has that McCurry man won? The only coach on that Marion team that has won a championship as a coach is that Starky man and Grider won it for him. I still cant believe that Starky man learned all of our secrets then went up there to tell that McCurry man. I was looking in my old Murphy books and that Gudger man has only coached for that Bryant man and he did not win a championship there. That Moore man won 2 championships in a row before. That McCurry man has never done that. You think im joking but im not.

. LOPAO......"COACHING ADVANTAGE" jest what advantage could a feller be referring to. The SP staff has the best Old Pirate can tell is second to non. 1. Starting with the old man on the staff, David Hale played on a state championship team, later was a starter for Vandy, then head coach before being an assistant on the SP staf that has multiple state titles and several runner up teams. 2. Tim Moore was on a state runner up player, then played for Vandy, head coach and state championship coach for BGA. 3. Wesley Stone played on a state championship team, assistant for several SP state championship & runner up teams. 4. The Body Guard feller- Bradford was a star player in Chatt and later played for the Bulldogs of Ga, coached on runner up SP team. 5. Coach Tidmore head coach and assistant coach with 25+ years. Jim Thomas 30+ years coaching and state championship in Ala. Recon us fellers is a wondering jest what advantage could you be referring too?

.. Best post of the year!!!

its not really a big deal because they will surely be in there for 4 qtrs friday night, but I agree I heard mr Daffron call it out also on the playback Saturday morning.

Yes I know it a not a big deal just let you know that you were right but there is only one #3 (Walters QB) and one #1(ZemanRB). Marion County will need two #1s and two #3s to help slow down the li team down the street.

Edited by rc213v

Yes I know it a not a big deal just let you know that you were right but there is only one #3 (Walters QB) and one #1(ZemanRB). Marion County will need two #1s and two #3s to help slow down the li team down the street.

Edited by rc213v

I am trying to decide whether to go to East Hamilton or Jasper. Never been to the Marion v SP game before, decisions, decisions! I think either game would be a toss up for the game of the week in this area. Good luck to all.

Its Jasper  -  SP or Pirate-Warrior Clash . . . and since this one means something for the first time in a while, it will be better than the East Hamilton game imho.

Now quit trying to fire up those Marion fellers anymore than they are already. I believe this will be a good ball game between two good teams. You get no second chances in this game, but I believe both teams would be undefeated right now if they could play the games they lost over again.