South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

HELLOOO!!! ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!!! ONE MORE TIME!! ONE MORE TIME!! ITS WARRIOR WEEK BABY!! TIME TO GET YOUR GAME FACE ON BOYS!! ITS NOT JUST A GAME THIS WEEK BABY! THIS WEEK ITS PERSONAL!! THEY DONT LIKE YOU!! WE DONT LIKE THEM!! ITS TIME TO SHOW THEM WHAT A REAL TEAM LOOKS LIKE BABY!!!

Boys I really dont need to tell you just what this game means. You already know.This game is the Hatfield and McCoys, Thunder in the Valley, David vs Goliath!! They have bashed this school and questioned us ever since Mary Margaret taught me in the 2nd grade. Blood, guts and glory baby!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! Let me tell everybody else something though. These purple sissies from up the road dont know what they are in for. YOU BOYS COME OUT AND HIT THEM SQUARE IN THE MOUTH LIKE YOU DID POLK AND KEEP IT THERE FOR 4 QUARTERS!!! YOU SHOW THEM WHAT REAL FOOTBALL LOOKS LIKE!!! ITS TIME BABY!!! ITS TIME!!!! ONE TIME!!!HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!

Edited by Eraser

You are the one that is incorrect... It was called Pryor Institute until 1910 when it was donated by the Church to the County Commission to become a public school for the citizens of Marion County, hence the name. This was before SPHS and WHS existed.

You are wrong since prior to 1910 it was the Pryor Institute.

http://www.historicsouthpittsburgtn.org/SPHistory-Schools.html

Edited by rlh

Not sure what the infatuation is with the school name, it is what it is.  Call us Jasper, Pryor institute, Marion County, doesn't matter.  I am guessing the Pirate faithful are just proud they were able to consolidate with the little school on the other side of town years ago.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Not sure what the infatuation is with the school name, it is what it is.  Call us Jasper, Pryor institute, Marion County, doesn't matter.  I am guessing the Pirate faithful are just proud they were able to consolidate with the little school on the other side of town years ago.

You are partially incorrect as well since in 1965, Bridgeport, Jasper and Whitwell also got some of those students. 

Not sure what the infatuation is with the school name, it is what it is. Call us Jasper, Pryor institute, Marion County, doesn't matter. I am guessing the Pirate faithful are just proud they were able to consolidate with the little school on the other side of town years ago.

LOPAO.........Whitwell,JASPER, South Pittsburg, Bridgeport and Stevenson benefited by the consolidation. SOUTH PITTSBURG has embraced it as the leader of the valley AND are very proud! BTW, South Pittsburg has supported 3 schools, SPES - k-6, SPHS - 7-12, and Richard Hardy School k-12.