South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

Hey guys Glenn here. I tried to tell y'all last week Polk was really more strong than real fast and that they were just kinda fast didn't I? I've been telling you though my Pirates are really fast. The Warriors are not real fast but number 1 is kinda fast like Polk. The Warriors aren't real strong like Polk though and not as big. I've been telling y'all all year the warriors needed to work on theirs fastness and it doesn't look like they have been cause they aren't very fast. Not even kinda fast except number 1. Sometimes he is kinda fast but everyone else isn't kinda fast. Now the Pirates are really fast. Number 28 will hurdle you and keep going and number 6 is really fast. They both have been working on their fastness and have gotten more fast as the season has went. Number 3 isn't as fast as he was but has gotten stronger and bigger since the start of season. Number 3 is probably kinda fast when we throw him the ball so he will be more than fast to much for the warriors. I'm sorry to say but the Pirates are going to be too fast for the warriors. I think they will probably be much more strong than the Warriors too. I like my pirates again this week especially if they aren't hurt and as long as thy don't eat to much. Number 6 ate too much last week and had to come out a lot in the 3rd quarter cause he was still full and it caused his leg to lock up. He better not eat bad this week. We need him to be real fast like he can be.

From Glenn

I know they have pretty good speed, Marion County has problems with teams with a lot of fast skilled players.

Marion 34 south Pitt 20

Hey it's Glenn. Polk County is much more big and strong than the Warriors. Polk is kinda fast. The Warriors have number 1 that's kinda fast. Number 21 for Polk is probably more fast than anyone the Warriors have. 35 is way more bigger and stronger than anyone Warriors have. Warriors aren't even as big or a strong as the Pirates. The are not even close to be as fast. The Pirates are really fast. Number 6 is really fast as long as he don't eat to much. Number 28 will hurdle any warrior that tries to tackle him and keep going. I guess you just don't know better but don't know what your in for. My Pirates are going to hurt your Warriors feelings in a few days I'm afraid. The Warriors better get to work on their fastness in a hurry cause they haven't been working on their fastness. I guess you should probably put those numbers together as add those up and that might be more likely the points that are scored than 20. Warriors aren't fast of strong enough to stop my pirates. You haven't been listening all year. Just you wait. You will see come Friday.

From Glenn

Question for you, If the Jasper assistant staff is all that great, why have they not been hired the last 5 times the Warriors have looked for a new chief? LOPAO... Pirates will earhole them some Warriors come feud time!

great question OP , based on his logic I wondered the same thing . For the record they started this by saying they have the best coaching staff but never bothered to put up their credentials so all could compare. Btw It's gonna be wet Friday and Jasper gets to see the power team SPitt has become . They expecting the old style Pirate team , they in for a shock. Another question for you OP... Why are they ashamed of the name Jasper. Do they not have pride in their community ?

One question for jasper fan. Who have you played and beaten to give you all this confidence. To tell to the truth we only played 2 teams that were pretty good and I'm not talking about Hixon either but you haven't played anyone but maybe I'm wrong. At least you should be well rested and fresh.

Welcome to "The Hill"          The vision of South Pittsburg High School is to advance student academic development and achievement. Each student must be challenged academically, graduate fully prepared for post-secondary learning opportunities and ready for the challenges of a career. 

About The School  

South Pittsburg High School

South Pittsburg High School was constructed in 1924 in the 700 block of Elm Avenue, its current location. The school was operated by the city until 1932 when it was sold to Marion County. In 1938 South Pittsburg Elementary School, also on Elm Avenue, had to be constructed because of the heavy traffic that had been created when several small rural schools closed and combined with South Pittsburg City School. Grades seven through twelve were kept at the high school as it still is today. In 1965 the fourty-one year old original school was torn down except for the gymnasium which was built in 1949. In 2008 the fifty-nine year old gymnasium was replaced with the Brooks-Fuqua Gymnasium. In 1974 a career and technical education wing was constructed which today is used for career and technical education courses, computer labs, and a band room. South Pittsburg High School has a rich tradition in athletics as well, including five Class A state championships in football, and one in baseball. Several boys’ basketball teams have won district and region championships, and girls’ softball has won several district championships and had one appearance in the state tournament. South Pittsburg High School’s faculty, staff and student organizations partner with the South Pittsburg Cornbread Festival each year to provide volunteer services to the Festival’s operations.

That is in error because it was a city school until 1974.  This gets brought up every time consolidation comes up in Jasper. There was also a school prior to the 1924 sight as per the link I provided earlier in the thread.  Either way, neither school had a team until 1924.  Next fall will mark 90 years the 2 schools have been playing.  

http://www.historicsouthpittsburgtn.org/SPHistory-Schools.html

Edited by rlh

One question for jasper fan. Who have you played and beaten to give you all this confidence. To tell to the truth we only played 2 teams that were pretty good and I'm not talking about Hixon either but you haven't played anyone but maybe I'm wrong. At least you should be well rested and fresh.

Polk and Bell Co.?