South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

if we have to stop zeaman to win. Who do the warriors need to stop to win. How that for clarification?

I hope you aren't thinking that ALL you have to do to win is stop Zeman... Marion is not a one-trick pony... Neither is SP... I think more than in the last few years, the parity between the two schools will create a great game that won't be decided until the 4th qtr... just my opinion.

Someone asked to be serious and give an honest prediction.  OK...here goes.  You gotta give some home field points to MC...but not many.  Zeman is great...he'll get our defense's attention.  Our pass protection will have to step up with Walters/Brooks/O'Shields being hot lately.

What Zeman has in brute strength Lankford has in speed.  But we've also got Mitchell's ability to bust it up the middle, and Fitzgerald is just a catch-all guy - run, receive, punt, holder, qb - he can do it all.  We've also got a great qb in Grider, though I'd have to give the passing edge to MC. 

I give the coaching edge to SP.  Especially to Moore - the difference between the first half and second half of Polk showed a tremendous amount of ability to adjust his defense and it earned my respect.  Mac is a good coach, a good motivator, but I don't see him being able to use his antics against a really good team.

But here's the deciding factor, which has been tossed around quite a bit....MC simply has not played the caliber of teams SP has.  MC's total score so far is 374-112, while SP's is 390-97.  But SP's includes three ranked teams.  MC's includes no ranked teams.

A prediction and a dollar will buy a cup of coffee, but I say.........drum roll..........SP 42 - MC 21.

I respect what you said and I agree.

if we have to stop zeaman to win. Who do the warriors need to stop to win. How that for clarification?

Imo, I worry about Marion stopping Mitchell more than Langkford ( I know that's probably misspelled!). I've only seen your team play once this year and noticed your QB gets happy feet when pressured and tends not to throw that good on the run. So I'm hoping Marion (Jasper) can get some pressure on him all night...Just my opinion though.

Someone asked to be serious and give an honest prediction.  OK...here goes.  You gotta give some home field points to MC...but not many.  Zeman is great...he'll get our defense's attention.  Our pass protection will have to step up with Walters/Brooks/O'Shields being hot lately.

What Zeman has in brute strength Lankford has in speed.  But we've also got Mitchell's ability to bust it up the middle, and Fitzgerald is just a catch-all guy - run, receive, punt, holder, qb - he can do it all.  We've also got a great qb in Grider, though I'd have to give the passing edge to MC. 

I give the coaching edge to SP.  Especially to Moore - the difference between the first half and second half of Polk showed a tremendous amount of ability to adjust his defense and it earned my respect.  Mac is a good coach, a good motivator, but I don't see him being able to use his antics against a really good team.

But here's the deciding factor, which has been tossed around quite a bit....MC simply has not played the caliber of teams SP has.  MC's total score so far is 374-112, while SP's is 390-97.  But SP's includes three ranked teams.  MC's includes no ranked teams.

A prediction and a dollar will buy a cup of coffee, but I say.........drum roll..........SP 42 - MC 21.

I'd much rather you buy me a cup of coffee and your prediction be wrong.....lol.  Good post though....

I hope you aren't thinking that ALL you have to do to win is stop Zeman... Marion is not a one-trick pony... Neither is SP... I think more than in the last few years, the parity between the two schools will create a great game that won't be decided until the 4th qtr... just my opinion.

like I've been saying for a while we just need to make you punt a few times to win