South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

that's what I've been asking. Who have they beaten that makes them a good team?

Listen big guy, I just think they have a good team. Does SP have a good team? Yes, they do but they still have to go out and try to win the game. I don't think it will be easy. That's just my opinion about it and I might be wrong. I'm high on the pirates after last week. Taking the ball 80 yards in 3 minutes pounding straight ahead was impressive. One of the better drives I can remember SP having in several years against a good team.

that's what I've been asking. Who have they beaten that makes them a good team?

The only winning team they beat was Sequatchie by 24, that probably is a good win and they dominated Whitwell which is not a bad win either. With that said, Friday's game has nothing to do with who you have played but has to do with who plays the best this Friday!!

Listen big guy, I just think they have a good team. Does SP have a good team? Yes, they do but they still have to go out and try to win the game. I don't think it will be easy. That's just my opinion about it and I might be wrong. I'm high on the pirates after last week. Taking the ball 80 yards in 3 minutes pounding straight ahead was impressive. One of the better drives I can remember SP having in several years against a good team.

they could have a good team. I just want a Jasper fan to tell me how they know they have a good team since they haven't played anyone to prove it.

they could have a good team. I just want a Jasper fan to tell me how they know they have a good team since they haven't played anyone to prove it.

They are 8 & 1 waiting on The Burg to visit.  They also think McCurry invented the Big Mack hamburger. 

Now OP you was saying earlier this year that some of those SP fans must of found some of those rose colored glasses now your saying Marion has them back on...which is it?

I'm not gonna get on here and say that Marion (Jasper, for you SP folk) is not gonna have a hard time come Friday night. Imo, yes Marion (Jasper) hasn't really been tested this year but have come together as a team and are doing what is needed to win ballgames. To me that's what makes them a good team. 

Now, like another poster said, that odd shaped ball sometimes bounces kind of strange. Do I think Marion (Jasper) will need a few mistakes by the Pirates to help them out...YES! Imo, if the Warriors keep this game close till the fourth I can see the Warriors winning but if they let it get out of hand in the first half its game over.

Good luck to both teams, leave it all on the field and play with pride and respect for both schools. No injuries because I see both going deep in the playoffs....

Now OP you was saying earlier this year that some of those SP fans must of found some of those rose colored glasses now your saying Marion has them back on...which is it?

I'm not gonna get on here and say that Marion (Jasper, for you SP folk) is not gonna have a hard time come Friday night. Imo, yes Marion (Jasper) hasn't really been tested this year but have come together as a team and are doing what is needed to win ballgames. To me that's what makes them a good team.

Now, like another poster said, that odd shaped ball sometimes bounces kind of strange. Do I think Marion (Jasper) will need a few mistakes by the Pirates to help them out...YES! Imo, if the Warriors keep this game close till the fourth I can see the Warriors winning but if they let it get out of hand in the first half its game over.

Good luck to both teams, leave it all on the field and play with pride and respect for both schools. No injuries because I see both going deep in the playoffs....

Good post

Someone asked to be serious and give an honest prediction.  OK...here goes.  You gotta give some home field points to MC...but not many.  Zeman is great...he'll get our defense's attention.  Our pass protection will have to step up with Walters/Brooks/O'Shields being hot lately.

What Zeman has in brute strength Lankford has in speed.  But we've also got Mitchell's ability to bust it up the middle, and Fitzgerald is just a catch-all guy - run, receive, punt, holder, qb - he can do it all.  We've also got a great qb in Grider, though I'd have to give the passing edge to MC. 

I give the coaching edge to SP.  Especially to Moore - the difference between the first half and second half of Polk showed a tremendous amount of ability to adjust his defense and it earned my respect.  Mac is a good coach, a good motivator, but I don't see him being able to use his antics against a really good team.

But here's the deciding factor, which has been tossed around quite a bit....MC simply has not played the caliber of teams SP has.  MC's total score so far is 374-112, while SP's is 390-97.  But SP's includes three ranked teams.  MC's includes no ranked teams.

A prediction and a dollar will buy a cup of coffee, but I say.........drum roll..........SP 42 - MC 21.