CC and powell

hogdogger

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be first to say this and I will be honest .I am happy that the qb is out and there big reciever is gone .it will give us a better chance at a win.dont get me wrong I dont like to see any kid get hurt but a key player going down does change things.

I have always been the type that likes to play teams at 100%, otherwise did you really beat them? Also, playing better teams going into the playoffs goes a long way when you face the likes of West in the 2nd/3rd round. With that said Even without those 2 I think this will be a good game, CC wins late 21-14

I have always been the type that likes to play teams at 100%, otherwise did you really beat them? Also, playing better teams going into the playoffs goes a long way when you face the likes of West in the 2nd/3rd round. With that said Even without those 2 I think this will be a good game, CC wins late 21-14

Yes, you actually do beat them.. Did Vanderbilt actually beat UGA?? Yes... Injuries are a part of football.. It happens yearly... Would the injured make a difference? Sure they would.. But a W is a W regardless...

Yes, you actually do beat them.. Did Vanderbilt actually beat UGA?? Yes... Injuries are a part of football.. It happens yearly... Would the injured make a difference? Sure they would.. But a W is a W regardless...

So, then what happened with Vandy and TN yesterday? I think you guys completely missed te point. I know Injuries are a part of the game, but when u play a team that is depleated it is not playing the same talent and hurts you movin forward. I know that a W is a W but you can not say that it is as quality a W. the original post had stated that they were happy that the team was depleated, that would be like being happy that you only play teams like Halls and Kans all year just so you can finish the season at the top, but then what happens when you play West or Ooeltewah in the post season? I for one want all the teams we play be at 100% when we play, including ours. When AC upset Powell a few years back everyone at AC was goin nuts because we bea the best team in the state. They dis not hae Mobley for that game and we ended up losing to West in an imbarising game the next week. The point is that if you want to be the best you should play the best and not be happy because one of the best teams had imploded because of injuries and off the field issues. SS with all the storied tradition of OR playing and beating some of the best teams ever in TN I woul figure you of all people would understand what I was saying.

So, then what happened with Vandy and TN yesterday? I think you guys completely missed te point. I know Injuries are a part of the game, but when u play a team that is depleated it is not playing the same talent and hurts you movin forward. I know that a W is a W but you can not say that it is as quality a W. the original post had stated that they were happy that the team was depleated, that would be like being happy that you only play teams like Halls and Kans all year just so you can finish the season at the top, but then what happens when you play West or Ooeltewah in the post season? I for one want all the teams we play be at 100% when we play, including ours. When AC upset Powell a few years back everyone at AC was goin nuts because we bea the best team in the state. They dis not hae Mobley for that game and we ended up losing to West in an imbarising game the next week. The point is that if you want to be the best you should play the best and not be happy because one of the best teams had imploded because of injuries and off the field issues. SS with all the storied tradition of OR playing and beating some of the best teams ever in TN I woul figure you of all people would understand what I was saying.

I do get what you're saying Mav. But, a win is still a win and if you're the better team then whoever your playing you should be able to beat them anyways injuries or no injuries to their team. Get what I mean? The cream will rise to the top regardless, so to say.

Edited by SweetScience

I do get what you're saying Mav. But, a win is still a win and if you're the better team then whoever your playing you should be able to beat them anyways injuries or no injuries to their team. Get what I mean? The cream will rise to the top regardless, so to say.

I got ya, I did not mean it to sound like a win is not a win, but after re-reading my post I get where I implied that, I just meant that I am never "Happy" I am not playing a team at full strength, that is all.  Kind of like I hope your running back is healthy for the game Thursday so the best 2 teams that can be on the field are, you know what I mean?

Best line from the man down at 825 Lawrence Ave in Murvil, "You don't have to be the best team in the state, just the best team on the field that night."

That is a great quote and very true, but not the point I was trying to make.  CC needs to be at full strength going into the playoffs just like AC and OR, my point was that Attitude and quality of oppnents is how you get to full strength.  CC will have finished the regular season playing a average Gibbs team, A Bye Week, A down Kars team and a depleated Powell team.  The point I was making is now if AC beats OR then CC will be a 3 seed, not saying AC will beat OR but if they do they will have an average team to play 1st round then they will have to go to West to play what I think is arguably the best team in the state, being happy that Powell is having problems to me is not the Attitude to have when you have not played a tough game in a month going into playing west.  I have always thought the last game of the regular season needs to be against a touph opponent, not saying Powell will not be a tough opponent, but you should WANT to play them at 100%.  I would like to see either CC or AC knock off West, but I think you have to be prepared going into that game and having the attitude that you WANT to play the best to prove yourself is the way to do it.