Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 9

Gerry Bertier

Ok, here it is guys. Sorry but I was out all afternoon and evening. Remember this is if the playoffs started today. If you have questions or see mistakes let me know.

Quad of Death

1 Fulton

8 Scott County

4 Carter

5 Elizabethton

3 Greeneville

6 Knox Catholic

2 Sullivan South

7 Grainger

Sacrificial Lamb in the Semi Quad

1 Hixson

8 Chattanooga Central

4 Sequoyah

5 DeKalb Co.

3 Giles County

6 East Ridge

2 Signal Mountain

7 Marshall Co.

Pearl's to Lose Quad

1 Pearl Cohn

8 Montgomery Central

4 Liberty

5 Greenbrier (It is spelled correctly the first time this year)

3 Lexington

6 Page

2 White House

7 Maplewood

Wild, Wild West Quad

1 Trezevant

8 Haywood

4 Craigmont

5 Chester Co

3 Covington

6 Northside

2 Dyersburg

7 Crockett Co.

hey Gerry does this count week 10 also? , because i was looking at the 2nd line and greeneville and south have the same ---3 -Teams on schedule that won 50% or more of their games, and the same 3 ~  line 3 Victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games then greeneville has the upper hand on line 4 ~Victories by opponents, if i am wrong i am sorry just trying to get a grip on this i know fri night still holds a lot of varibles ! thanks for the great job u do!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Gerry does this count week 10 also? , because i was looking at the 2nd line and greeneville and south have the same ---3 -Teams on schedule that won 50% or more of their games, and the same 3 ~ line 3 Victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games then greeneville has the upper hand on line 4 ~Victories by opponents, if i am wrong i am sorry just trying to get a grip on this i know fri night still holds a lot of varibles ! thanks for the great job u do!

No it just counts after week 9.

No it just counts after week 9.

ok so how does this put south on the 2 seed line and greeneville a 3 seed  south has wins against tenn high 5-4  gate city 5-4 sullivan north 5-4 the rest are under 500 --greeneville has chuckey doak 6-3 harlan co   6-3 signal mt 6-3 the rest are under 500  they both are the same on lines 2 and 3

ok so how does this put south on the 2 seed line and greeneville a 3 seed  south has wins against tenn high 5-4  gate city 5-4 sullivan north 5-4 the rest are under 500 --greeneville has chuckey doak 6-3 harlan co   6-3 signal mt 6-3 the rest are under 500  they both are the same on lines 2 and 3

The first tiebreaker is not wins over those teams it is teams on the schedule winning 50% of their games.

Sullivan South has 4 teams (Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Tennessee, and Gate City)

Greeneville has 3 teams on their schedule that have won 50% or more of their games (Signal, CD, and Harlan)

Edited by Gerry Bertier

The first tiebreaker is not wins over those teams it is teams on the schedule winning 50% of their games.

Sullivan South has 4 teams (Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Tennessee, and Gate City)

Greeneville has 3 teams on their schedule that have won 50% or more of their games (Signal, CD, and Harlan)

ok got cha i was not counting betsy thanks a million! and as the great Bartles and James use to say-- Thank you for your support!!!!!!!!

Gerry,

If Dekalb Co wins Friday and all the other teams in our quad win also will we remain a #5 seed or possibly move up to a #4. Thx. Also if we did happen to lose could we drop down from a projected #5 seed.

If you win on Friday I believe you will jump up to the 4 seed based on tiebreakers with Sequoyah but you are locked in at the 4-5 game I believe.

Dang. When I was making my best attempt to look at the playoffs I didn't see any scenario ending with us going west. That would be huge. Gerry, assuming we beat Spring Hill to end the season, do you think it's likely we still go west?

I can't figure it out for sure myself one way or the other. Thanks again for your hard work.

Ok, here it is guys. Sorry but I was out all afternoon and evening. Remember this is if the playoffs started today. If you have questions or see mistakes let me know.

Quad of Death

1 Fulton

8 Scott County

4 Carter

5 Elizabethton

3 Greeneville

6 Knox Catholic

2 Sullivan South

7 Grainger

Sacrificial Lamb in the Semi Quad

1 Hixson

8 Chattanooga Central

4 Sequoyah

5 DeKalb Co.

3 Giles County

6 East Ridge

2 Signal Mountain

7 Marshall Co.

Pearl's to Lose Quad

1 Pearl Cohn

8 Montgomery Central

4 Liberty

5 Greenbrier (It is spelled correctly the first time this year)

3 Lexington

6 Page

2 White House

7 Maplewood

Wild, Wild West Quad

1 Trezevant

8 Haywood

4 Craigmont

5 Chester Co

3 Covington

6 Northside

2 Dyersburg

7 Crockett Co.

I think this is gonna be about right.  Except Mnotgomery central will not bet in and I think Unicoi co wins and gets in.  This will take a team out of Quad 3, unicoi will bump Knox Cath to quad 2 and either Marshall or Giles will be bumped to quad 3.  This is the crazy thing.  If my calculations are correct.  There is no way for Claiborne to get in.  If they beat Grainger, Chucky Doak will get 2nd place in region, and then Grainger will have the 1st tie breaker over Claiborne.  Head to Head means nothing.  Will be bad if a team beats a teamin week 10 to have same record but the losing team get in and winner go home.  BTW who you guys think goes west Marshall or Giles