Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 9

Gerry Bertier

they should put fulton in quad "way over there" so the title game in cookeville would be Fulton V Greeneville.....oh well.

If greeneville keep winning they will have a chance to play Fulton. Greeneville fans keep complaining bout seeding. I don't here Fulton fans complaining bout where there seeded if u ask me greeneville fans seem scared of Fulton. Greeneville don't really play anybody all year so when greeneville has a chance to play a good team they wish it was the title game. All u have to do is win and greeneville will be in the title game.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If greeneville keep winning they will have a chance to play Fulton. Greeneville fans keep complaining bout seeding. I don't here Fulton fans complaining bout where there seeded if u ask me greeneville fans seem scared of Fulton. Greeneville don't really play anybody all year so when greeneville has a chance to play a good team they wish it was the title game all u have to do is win and greeneville will be in the title game.

You're wrong. We expect to play Fulton we would just rather play them at home just like Fulton would rather play us at home. It's football 101 you always want home field advantage. I'm sure if Greeneville was playing at home Fulton fans would be the ones complaining about seeding. What Bvd said was a joke obviously but yeah it would be nice for the best two teams to meet in the championship game an not 3 games into the playoffs.

You're wrong. We expect to play Fulton we would just rather play them at home just like Fulton would rather play us at home. It's football 101 you always want home field advantage. I'm sure if Greeneville was playing at home Fulton fans would be the ones complaining about seeding. What Bvd said was a joke obviously but yeah it would be nice for the best two teams to meet in the championship game an not 3 games into the playoffs.

But who said yall the best teams? Greeneville isn't the only team that has a chance to beat Fulton.

But who said yall the best teams? Greeneville isn't the only team that has a chance to beat Fulton.

In my opinion if Fulton or Greeneville were on your side of the bracket the fireturds would be playing basketball a few weeks early. You're playing for silver even though whatever comes out of the west isn't the 2nd best team. Shoot maybe not even the 3rd best with Sullivan South in 4A. Just sit back an enjoy your cake walk to the ship.

I think this is gonna be about right.  Except Mnotgomery central will not bet in and I think Unicoi co wins and gets in.  This will take a team out of Quad 3, unicoi will bump Knox Cath to quad 2 and either Marshall or Giles will be bumped to quad 3.  This is the crazy thing.  If my calculations are correct.  There is no way for Claiborne to get in.  If they beat Grainger, Chucky Doak will get 2nd place in region, and then Grainger will have the 1st tie breaker over Claiborne.  Head to Head means nothing.  Will be bad if a team beats a teamin week 10 to have same record but the losing team get in and winner go home.  BTW who you guys think goes west Marshall or Giles

Claiborne can still get 2nd place in the Blue Ridge, but they would have to beat Grainger and then have West Greene beat Chuckey-Doak.  If all the stars align Friday night, both Claiborne and Grainger might get in. 

Have you looked at the non conference games ? Mo west, Daniel Boone, Jeff County, signal mnt, and harlan county are all really good teams usually. This year they are down but know what your talking about before you open your mouth!

Not talking bout the past years not living in the past we're living in the present and the teams greeneville has play are not good so why do u even have your mouth open talking bout what teams usually are.

In my opinion if Fulton or Greeneville were on your side of the bracket the fireturds would be playing basketball a few weeks early. You're playing for silver even though whatever comes out of the west isn't the 2nd best team. Shoot maybe not even the 3rd best with Sullivan South in 4A. Just sit back an enjoy your cake walk to the ship.

greeneville nor Sullivan wouldn't have a chance homie. PC doesn't have a cake walk either every game will be tough. You have the nerve to let cake walk come out ur mouth. Greeneville had a cake walk all season long.

Claiborne can still get 2nd place in the Blue Ridge, but they would have to beat Grainger and then have West Greene beat Chuckey-Doak.  If all the stars align Friday night, both Claiborne and Grainger might get in. 

Yeah I saw that ... Chucky is about a 3 td favorite in that game.  I just think its crazy that head to head has no say at all in getting in the playoffs