South Doyle vs Sevier County

gobears89

Finally the end of the IMAC season is here! It is hard to watch the Bears play some of those teams this year. It is a down year in a weak league for sure. Plus the Bears are about as good as ever. Hopefully coach Brewer can keep the Bears focused on the teams in front of them and not think too much about the possible East Tn Allstar rematch. If they play as sloppy as they did vs Jeff Co they may not get that chance as I feel confident that farragut cookeville db SH are all much better than the patriots. I know the Bears have not played their best game yet so hopefully they can get back to full strength and get hot when the playoffs begin. Joe Hayes showed up big again and  most of those early season injuries look to be healing up nicely. I really like this team and they are young so the future is bright in Dollyland.

My game prediction this week Bears 49 SD 21

GoBears!!!

Finally the end of the IMAC season is here! It is hard to watch the Bears play some of those teams this year. It is a down year in a weak league for sure. Plus the Bears are about as good as ever. Hopefully coach Brewer can keep the Bears focused on the teams in front of them and not think too much about the possible East Tn Allstar rematch. If they play as sloppy as they did vs Jeff Co they may not get that chance as I feel confident that farragut cookeville db SH are all much better than the patriots. I know the Bears have not played their best game yet so hopefully they can get back to full strength and get hot when the playoffs begin. Joe Hayes showed up big again and  most of those early season injuries look to be healing up nicely. I really like this team and they are young so the future is bright in Dollyland.

GoBears!!!

why do you think the IMAC is weak this year? Normally we have 2 teams each year that can compete with SH for the IMAC title. The only different this year the 2 teams are Mo-East and SD. Why is that any different then region #1 or #3. It's DB or SH every year in region #1 and no-one has come close to Maryville.

You need to be more concerned with SD this week. They run the football better then anyone in the IMAC, and we know how much trouble the bears have had stopping the run. SD could match the bears score for score, and they can play keep away. Remember the Bears beat Morristown East 14-10 and we had are QB playing with a broke finger. Sevier Co.new East couldn't pass the ball in the 2nd half and just staked the line. I know Morristown East would love to have another crack at Sevier Co. again, but someone will have to beat Maryville before that can happen.

SD will give Sevier Co. all they want. If Sevier Co loses to SD and Morristown East beats Jeff Co. Sevier Co. would fall all the way down to 3rd in the IMAC and would have to play their 1st round playoff game on the road. Sevier Co. is the standard that the rest of the IMAC is shoting for. You guys need to win to keep the #2 seed in the playoff, and hope for a rematch with Maryville in the 3rd round.

Edited by EASTFAN

The IMAC is weak. SC has lost 1 district game since it formed. In the season before IMAC started the Bears lost 4 district games and 4 the year before that. SC almost never wins vs those old district/ knox area teams. SC is reaping the benefit of playing the tougher schedule years before the IMAC but it does not get them ready for the playoffs. All those IMAC championships have lead to 2 playoff wins. It takes 5 to win the Gold Ball!

GoBears!

EastFan: You are right in the fact that our district is similar to the DB and SH district.  It is terrible also.  I think it is good for the IMAC that East and SD have had good years.  That being said you know as well as the rest of us, SD can not go score for score against Sevier County.  There only chance is to keep the ball for at least 35 minutes of the game and for Sevier County to have 3-4 turnovers.  All of this could happen, but most likely not.  Even once the playoffs begin Sevier County should handle the first game like the IMAC, face a little resistance the 2nd round and be ready for the Rebels.  I hate the fact that so many of the games have been uncontested this year, but it is a product of a very strong Bear team and some dreadful IMAC teams.  There are 2 or 3 teams in the conference that would not be able to make the 3A playoffs.  This all being said I look for the Bears to see some early adversity this Friday and pull away in the second half.  38-17

i have seen both teams play against East.  Two completely different offenses.  S-D can not throw the ball effectively against a good team and they had some really big breakdowns in the secondary against East.  That should lead to plenty of opportunities for the Bears.  On the other side of the ball SC had better be ready because Bruce is the real deal and Rollins is pretty good himself.  Last week S-D had the football the whole second half it seemed.  If they can do that they might have a chance.  But East runs the ball pretty well too and the Bears stopped them.  Granted, the East QB was hard and couldn't throw but S-D doesn't throw it well anyway.  I think Sevier wins by 10 or more.

Sounds like it could be a good game. The SC vs east game was a good game to watch as well. The Jeff co game was weird because SC was almost up 21-0 when they turned it over in the endzone. And it just kind of had that blowout feel all night. The starters actually came out then had to go back in. The seymour cherrokee mo west cocke county stretch was bad and thats almost half the season, I know mo west can be good but not this year and I dont think they have beat sc in the last 20 years. South Doyle seems to be on the rise the past couple years and I look forward to a much more entertaining game than the past 4 weeks. If SD is too 1 dimensional then it will be hard to beat the Bears, but like the the sdobserver says thats is why they kickem off! 

As far as the playoffs go I am really looking forward to the rematch but Im sure that the old ball coach at SC is not looking past anyone.

GoBears!!

GoBears!!!

Yea, have to agree about alot of bad IMAC games this year but in all honesty outside of Maryville, the rest of 6A in East TN is pretty average to poor everywhere else too.

Also wouldn't be so quick to look past the first round of the playoffs with this Bear's squad. Our defense is just not very good and hasn't really gotten any better as the year has progressed. Outside of the cream puffs and a good showing against a very one dimensional Morristown East we have struggled against the rest of our 6A schedule. Can't believe that Jeff Co could put up the rushing numbers they did, knowing they couldn't pass if their life depended on it while losing their stud RB in the second quarter. The fact is most teams are just better then us on both sides of the line plain and simple and if we draw a team with a physical line (cough*farragut*cough) we could easily be one and done.

As for South-Doyle, we will allow some rushing yards but should be able to pass well enough to get the win. If their defense however can put pressure on Manning and make him scramble where he is not nearly as effective (like last week) then all bets are off.