Knoxville Catholic State Tournament Program Information

lazydays

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA has yet to receive Knoxville Catholic's information for the state tournament program.  If they wish to have their roster, logo, and team photo included in the program, the information must be submitted to the TSSAA office (programs@tssaa.org) by 9 AM (CT), Monday morning.

Perhaps they want to stay home?

d

Not sure about the stones and slings but I'm sure they will be bringing their "cheap game" again.  I had heard that once they score they pull everyone back but I have never seen ANY team do what they did.  Once they got the ball in the goal, they pulled EVERYONE back.  In the second half of the White House/Fairview game, they had their ENTIRE team playing on their side of the field. Like I said, I have never seen a team do that.  And then when you add the bad calls or the missed calls in the mix, it made for a very bad ending to the game. It's hard to have 10 defenders inside the box and not trip someone but when the Fairview girls did that, the refs never seemed to give White House the calls...or heck, even make a call.  Even the Fairview girls were thanking the refs.  Anyway...wishing the best of luck to Knoxville Catholic tomorrow night.  

Not sure about the stones and slings but I'm sure they will be bringing their "cheap game" again.  I had heard that once they score they pull everyone back but I have never seen ANY team do what they did.  Once they got the ball in the goal, they pulled EVERYONE back.  In the second half of the White House/Fairview game, they had their ENTIRE team playing on their side of the field. Like I said, I have never seen a team do that.  And then when you add the bad calls or the missed calls in the mix, it made for a very bad ending to the game. It's hard to have 10 defenders inside the box and not trip someone but when the Fairview girls did that, the refs never seemed to give White House the calls...or heck, even make a call.  Even the Fairview girls were thanking the refs.  Anyway...wishing the best of luck to Knoxville Catholic tomorrow night.  

I recall Livingston Academy doing that stategy against Notre Dame (and maybe CCS in a previous match) in a regional match at their place a few years ago...Not after a goal, but as their starting formation, with just one player staying at the middle...(no support for her)....ND won the game by finally getting smart and taking a long shot from way outside the 18 which sailed above the keepers hands...

D

Plus that won't work too well this year since they will be down a goal some time before the 10th minute of the game.  2 nil by the half and then KC will score two more in the second half on counters when Fairview starts getting desparate.  Regardless, the KC girls are pretty efficient with balls just outside of the box.  They place too many around the pipes to be unfortunate too many times. 

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

I recall Livingston Academy doing that stategy against Notre Dame (and maybe CCS in a previous match) in a regional match at their place a few years ago...Not after a goal, but as their starting formation, with just one player staying at the middle...(no support for her)....ND won the game by finally getting smart and taking a long shot from way outside the 18 which sailed above the keepers hands...

D

yeah, that plan blew up in their face :? ....when we put 2 on them before half, the coach thought to himself; I might want to try and play soccer on the other side of the field so we can catch up...that plan didn't work out to well either...think we close it at 4-0....and that was supposedly with the new state record holder in assist perforning....I think they moved to a new school the next year :ph34r:  

SoccerLifer..it seems for some reason you are bitter about losing to Fairview. Last time I checked, the only thing that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. You can call it poor strategy or whatever...you still lost to them. If you didnt like the way they played, A) dont give up a goal to them and B) make an adjustment.

I would have never guessed that someone from White Hosue would be the ones complaining about the refs. To be honest, if White House had not played their region semi game against Lipscomb at 5pm with the sun directly in the keepers face they probably get beat in that game too. But if you get beat on your home field in a game that you and everyone else in the state picked you to win I would be finding reasons to blame the loss on besides you didnt play good enough to win. 

So what if the Fairview team shakes the refs hands after every game whether they win or lose...it is called showing good sportmanship.

So SoccerLifer maybe they should spend more time trying to get better than complaining about how or why they lost to a Fairview team that I have been told starts a freshman goalie and 6 or 7 sophomores.

So SoccerLifer maybe they should spend more time trying to get better than complaining about how or why they lost to a Fairview team that I have been told starts a freshman goalie and 6 or 7 sophomores.

Oh Lord!!!! :unsure:  ...and I bet trebs and Kaz a rasberry candy pacifier that Fairview would beat that other Catholic team.

SoccerLifer..it seems for some reason you are bitter about losing to Fairview. Last time I checked, the only thing that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. You can call it poor strategy or whatever...you still lost to them. If you didnt like the way they played, A) dont give up a goal to them and B) make an adjustment.

I would have never guessed that someone from White Hosue would be the ones complaining about the refs. To be honest, if White House had not played their region semi game against Lipscomb at 5pm with he sun directly in the keepers face they probably get beat in that game too. But if you get beat on your home field in a game that you and everyone else in the state picked you to win I would be finding reasons to blame the loss on besides you didnt play good enough to win. 

So what if the Fairview team shakes the refs hands after every game whether they win or lose...it is called showing good sportmanship.

Oh my, my, my Ballbasher... It's hard to make an adjustment to a team of 11 players.  Seems it was the same strategy they used to get by Page as well so it seems to be working for them...whatever it was. And yes, shaking hands is good sportsmanship.  However, when the players and laughing to each other and saying, "thanks refs", that sort of makes it look like they know they didn't deserve the win, now doesn't it? 

As far as the Lipscomb game, you know that sun is at the same place on every single day of every single year...imagine that!  And you know what else...White House players face that sun at every single home game. White House doesn't get a choice because we are the home team.  The only reason they got a choice this year was because it was a Region game and the refs gave them a choice.  So, you should probably not make statements about White House having the advantage and winning games because of the sun.  We face that sun every single game and no, no...that wasn't their only win this year, now was it?