Gallatin vs Wilson Central

GWAVE1

Hasnt ever done a lot of running but especially this year due to an ankle injury he has been healing. Receivers have stepped up past few games and made some big catches. Hope to see the team to continue and big night tomorrow for the seniors. Hopefully getting a wilson county team in the playoffs.

Haven't seen the last couple if games, but from what I've read/heard this team is clicking like I expected at the beginning of the year. A lot of dropped passes in the hville game or the outcome could have been a lot different. I think WC comes out and plays at the same level as the last couple of weeks, makes the playoffs and is a dangerous first round game for someone likely to overlook them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not taking anything away from Carnes,sounds like he has done a good job for his team this year.It is nice to see much deserved respect for Roundtree though,especially after watching him struggle the beginning of the season with injury.He has always been a very good athlete but more important  he is just a special kid.I have talked about this senior class before but they are all special kids.If we play to our potential tonight we should win this game.Don't know how it will go but win or lose I have mad respect for all these boys.I will miss seeing them on that field.Good Luck Wildcats!

I guess you're missing my point or assuming this is all based on a bias, but really it's not. I have seen the kid play a couple of games and from what I've seen he may be a starter (at QB) on one other team in the district. It's not a knock on the kid, just saying he would play a different position at the other schools. For Gallatin to win and be successful in the playoffs, they have to win between the tackles and run the ball. If they are forced to pass, they won't win. Or perhaps I just watched a couple of bad performances...

eers, you do realize that Carnes is 15-5 as a starter at Gallatin. The team went 3-7 last year without him. That seems like a pretty huge difference to me. I think anyone in this district would be glad to have him on their team. You may have missed how terribly awful the Gallatin o-line has been in the losses and even some in the wins. Also receivers are not as experienced as some of these other places. For goodness sakes they pulled that Coggins kid off the baseball diamond, and that kid has turned into a pretty solid contributor. I guarantee you that Carnes has more football knowledge than just about any of those quarterbacks in that list you so graciously provided us with. 

eers, you do realize that Carnes is 15-5 as a starter at Gallatin. The team went 3-7 last year without him. That seems like a pretty huge difference to me. I think anyone in this district would be glad to have him on their team. You may have missed how terribly awful the Gallatin o-line has been in the losses and even some in the wins. Also receivers are not as experienced as some of these other places. For goodness sakes they pulled that Coggins kid off the baseball diamond, and that kid has turned into a pretty solid contributor. I guarantee you that Carnes has more football knowledge than just about any of those quarterbacks in that list you so graciously provided us with.

I really meant it with no disrespect, but i don't think its accurate to compare him to Roundtree. I "graciously provided" a list of how "I" feel these QBs compare. It is MY opinion, nothing negative meant toward anyone on the list, as I personally know several of these kids and can say they are great young men. Stats and records don't always equate to talent (talent doesn't always equate to numbers or record either). I have watched every quarterback on that list and several multiple times. If I were to pick which one I want as my QB, that's the order. If I hit a nerve or offended someone, I apologize. I still think for Gallatin to win they have to effectively run the ball, as their downfield passing game is lacking. JMO

Centrals d has given up a lot of point this year. And passing. The O has scored but has been very inconsistent and has yet to catch a deep ball consistently. If you look at the teams central has beaten they have not been top notch. Dc had a lot if injuries, Lebanon has won 2 games, Portland hasn't won a game, beech is had a big injury, and Laverne scored 44,

This could be the only team with a winning record they could beat, but maybe senior night will help aid in it.

Ghs 28 wc 24

Edited by WCP