Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

Serious question for anyone who was at the game...what was Blackman penalized for at the end of the run?  The play ends at around the 50, and the subsequent LOS is 15 yards back.  The video doesn't show any of the Blackman players talking to anyone but each other (though it does include a BG coach in the visor walking over and saying something, either to the Blackman players or his player on the field; can't tell whom he is talking to).

I'm assuming you mean the play where 2 players hit our QB late out of bounds.  It appears that as he is walking back to the huddle, somebody says something, causing him to turn around.  That's when the flag flew. So, instead of being 1st and 10 at the BG 37 with the late hit...it is now 3rd and 18 from the Blaze 33.  Immediately after that is where the TE brushes the ref and he threw another one.  It ended up being 3rd and 33 from the Blackman 18.  That's a 45 yard swing.  If they score there, they would have been up 2 scores and BG's offense was imploding at the time.  Just the medicine they needed to regain momentum.

Since you are saying there was nothing you could do about it, are admitting the poor officiating that tremendously benefited the home team, and that the better team lost? I doubt you have the integrity and courage to do that, even though there is great video evidence proving it on the field.

Its pretty sad and an indication of inferior Kentucky football that the #1 team in Ky had to have horrendously lopsided officiating to beat the #7 TN team. 

The better team got robbed. You condone it. Shame on you.

I will admit that I thought the refs went overboard, but after a couple of flags, why would the Blaze keep talking back to them or whatever they were accused of doing? Not smart. I honestly believe some players and the coach were partly to blame. Those flags probably did affect the outcome of the game and your coach should have never let that happen. That's what timeouts are for. Regardless, the Bowling Green Purples football team and fans had nothing to do with it. That was all between the refs and Blackman. One of our players was quoted in the Daily News saying," I was surprised by all the flags thrown ". I hadn't heard about any incidents involving our players and fans yelling at the Blackmon cheerleaders and fans. If they did, they were wrong and should have been punished, but don't hold that against all of us. Our fans are proud of our team as you are of yours and this game won't change that. We will expect a pounding next year and hope for a win, but we will lose 16 starters off this team, so I guess we will show up and take our whipping like men and go home and maybe blame it all on the refs. Have a great season and see you next year.

Is this true?

This is not true. Handshakes are optional, but the school and coaches are responsible for any problems. Our teams shook hands after our game and I was glad to see it. The KHSAA basically washed their hands of any responsibility for any problems arising from after game handshakes. They are a joke.

I will admit that I thought the refs went overboard, but after a couple of flags, why would the Blaze keep talking back to them or whatever they were accused of doing? Not smart. I honestly believe some players and the coach were partly to blame. Those flags probably did affect the outcome of the game and your coach should have never let that happen. That's what timeouts are for. Regardless, the Bowling Green Purples football team and fans had nothing to do with it. That was all between the refs and Blackman. One of our players was quoted in the Daily News saying," I was surprised by all the flags thrown ". I hadn't heard about any incidents involving our players and fans yelling at the Blackmon cheerleaders and fans. If they did, they were wrong and should have been punished, but don't hold that against all of us. Our fans are proud of our team as you are of yours and this game won't change that. We will expect a pounding next year and hope for a win, but we will lose 16 starters off this team, so I guess we will show up and take our whipping like men and go home and maybe blame it all on the refs. Have a great season and see you next year.

Ok, finally something we can sort of agree on; the refs went overboard.

I'll cut you some slack on how closely all the rest is related.

Your officials are horrible, but they have nothing to do with you guys. Your coach is a loud, foul mouthed idiot, but he has nothing to do with you guys. Your fans are foul and confrontational with the visiting fans, but that has nothing to do with you guys. There you go. It has nothing to do with any of you. Your community is off the hook. 

Nice little plan of denial of culpability you all have going. Don't share the blame for a horrible environment, cover for each other, and blame the other team's coach and players. 

That's class right there. 

Cheaters. Low rate cheaters. But your streak continues. Be proud of it, it sounds like you all have worked hard to earn it. 

This is not true. Handshakes are optional, but the school and coaches are responsible for any problems. Our teams shook hands after our game and I was glad to see it. The KHSAA basically washed their hands of any responsibility for any problems arising from after game handshakes. They are a joke.

Hand washing of responsibility seems to be a real problem for Kentucky. 

This is SOOOOOO laughable.  You guys are already making excuses about why you might not win in a year???? You are losing 16 seniors so you are anticipating a pounding already???  What kind of fan are you?  Who PUBLICLY says this about their team.  I sure would hate to be one of the remaining players.  SMH  and we would appreciate the respect of spelling our school name correctly WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!!

Again...Really???? It was our head coach's fault that our QB got hit TWICE out of bounds, and no late hit is called? It was our head coach's fault that the ref was not in the correct position and our TE has to dodge him and grazes his arm as he is breaking the huddle? It was our head coach's fault that your olineman was holding our DE's foot and when he pulled it back, they called another on us???? By the way, he did have that conversation. I don't see how you can blame a coach for all that.

Yes, the fans behind our bench were waaaay out of line, and the authorities were brought over. I understand that doesn't mean all of your fans are that way. However when you have grown adults throwing out m'effers, the "n" word, just for starters at high school kids...it's hard to ignore. Couple that with the food being thrown at our band and all the adults lined up at the end of the 1st half cussing our team and coaches, it's hard not to get a bad impression and taste in your mouth.

Ok, finally something we can sort of agree on; the refs went overboard.

I'll cut you some slack on how closely all the rest is related.

Your officials are horrible, but they have nothing to do with you guys. Your coach is a loud, foul mouthed idiot, but he has nothing to do with you guys. Your fans are foul and confrontational with the visiting fans, but that has nothing to do with you guys. There you go. It has nothing to do with any of you. Your community is off the hook. 

Nice little plan of denial of culpability you all have going. Don't share the blame for a horrible environment, cover for each other, and blame the other team's coach and players. 

That's class right there. 

Cheaters. Low rate cheaters. But your streak continues. Be proud of it, it sounds like you all have worked hard to earn it.

Many of our fans thought YOUR coach and players acted more like thugs than football players and were to blame for what they got. YOUR coach, YOUR players, YOUR problem. I don't happen to agree with all of that, but the more posts I see from fans, such as yourself, I may take a page from the Blackman handbook and blame everybody that was there, except myself, of course. Anything else you need a non-biased honest football fans opinion about? I'll be here all week.

First off, it was an amazing game by two great football teams. One of the most exciting high school games I've ever watched.

There had been smack talk all week on social media. At halftime there was nearly a brawl. That's when flags began to fly. In Kentucky, the rules are much more strict in terms of sportsmanship. We learned that when we played at McCallie. I've heard in Tennessee that they "Let the players play" more than in KY. I think what really happened is the refs began to throw flags just to get a better control of the game. BG adjusted to this, Blackman didn't. Blackman kept talking smack and making the same silly mistakes. There were some questionable flags thrown. I'm not sure what really happened on the field, and neither does anyone else on this board.

Also, Blackman was definitely the less classier team. Never in my life have I seen another team taunt a home teams fan base the way they did last Friday. They also did it to a less degree coming out for the 2nd half. Multiple Blackman parents were almost kicked out. After every big play, players would taunt BG player. Even after the game, multiple Blackman football players were still trashing BGHS and the state of KY on twitter, using curse slurs. Obviously the coach has no control on his players actions.

Also, referees are not chosen by the schools, they are chosen by KHSAA. Now was there something we don't know behind that? Maybe. If the refs were on anyone's side, it was BG's. One scoring drive for BG there were more penalty yards than earned yards. Blackman parents and coaches claim "Those are a bunch of very classy kids who were mistreated Friday night." That didn't show during the game. BG definitely was the more classy and controlled team, no doubt about it. In my mind, Blackman lost the game with their behavior, BG didn't win it. If Blackman players control themselves, BG's streak is probably over.

Does it really matter anymore? BG won 26-25. This game meant nothing to either team in terms of playoffs. I wish it was played earlier in the year. I hope they don't play again next year because nobody wants to see what happened Friday night happen again. For high school kids nearly brawling is unacceptable.

Many of our fans thought YOUR coach and players acted more like thugs than football players and were to blame for what they got. YOUR coach, YOUR players, YOUR problem. I don't happen to agree with all of that, but the more posts I see from fans, such as yourself, I may take a page from the Blackman handbook and blame everybody that was there, except myself, of course. Anything else you need a non-biased honest football fans opinion about? I'll be here all week.

Too late, you already have blamed everyone else.

That is the problem. Accept some responsibility, not you personally, you as a representative of a community that host one of the worst nights of football in recent memory.

Again...Really???? It was our head coach's fault that our QB got hit TWICE out of bounds, and no late hit is called? It was our head coach's fault that the ref was not in the correct position and our TE has to dodge him and grazes his arm as he is breaking the huddle? It was our head coach's fault that your olineman was holding our DE's foot and when he pulled it back, they called another on us???? By the way, he did have that conversation. I don't see how you can blame a coach for all that.

Yes, the fans behind our bench were waaaay out of line, and the authorities were brought over. I understand that doesn't mean all of your fans are that way. However when you have grown adults throwing out m'effers, the "n" word, just for starters at high school kids...it's hard to ignore. Couple that with the food being thrown at our band and all the adults lined up at the end of the 1st half cussing our team and coaches, it's hard not to get a bad impression and taste in your mouth.

If we take out the part about your coach, you have a valid complaint and I apologize for any of our fans actions. That's unacceptable at any high school in the country, but it's a lot like our criminal justice system. If they don't punish them for their crimes, they will do it again. I don't have an answer for people like that, but wish someone would have busted them in the face.

First off, it was an amazing game by two great football teams. One of the most exciting high school games I've ever watched.

There had been smack talk all week on social media. At halftime there was nearly a brawl. That's when flags began to fly. In Kentucky, the rules are much more strict in terms of sportsmanship. We learned that when we played at McCallie. I've heard in Tennessee that they "Let the players play" more than in KY. I think what really happened is the refs began to throw flags just to get a better control of the game. BG adjusted to this, Blackman didn't. Blackman kept talking smack and making the same silly mistakes. There were some questionable flags thrown. I'm not sure what really happened on the field, and neither does anyone else on this board.

Also, Blackman was definitely the less classier team. Never in my life have I seen another team taunt a home teams fan base the way they did last Friday. They also did it to a less degree coming out for the 2nd half. Multiple Blackman parents were almost kicked out. After every big play, players would taunt BG player. Even after the game, multiple Blackman football players were still trashing BGHS and the state of KY on twitter, using curse slurs. Obviously the coach has no control on his players actions.

Also, referees are not chosen by the schools, they are chosen by KHSAA. Now was there something we don't know behind that? Maybe. If the refs were on anyone's side, it was BG's. One scoring drive for BG there were more penalty yards than earned yards. Blackman parents and coaches claim "Those are a bunch of very classy kids who were mistreated Friday night." That didn't show during the game. BG definitely was the more classy and controlled team, no doubt about it. In my mind, Blackman lost the game with their behavior, BG didn't win it. If Blackman players control themselves, BG's streak is probably over.

Does it really matter anymore? BG won 26-25. This game meant nothing to either team in terms of playoffs. I wish it was played earlier in the year. I hope they don't play again next year because nobody wants to see what happened Friday night happen again. For high school kids nearly brawling is unacceptable.

And when Blackman backed up the talk with tough play, you started playing dirty. When  Blackman retaliated against the dirty play, you had to hide behind yellow flags. It is almost always the one that retaliates, not the one that initiates, that gets caught. 

Low rate, cheating cowards. You were given a win over a better team. Take the gift and go hide behind some more yellow flags. 

BG football, as a whole program and community, is an embarrassment to football.