Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

I have read this entire thread. I have watched as much game video as is available. This was a game about nothing but pride but often pride becomes the paramount thing.

I was literally born into BGHS football. My Father was the coach. The BGHS Stadium carries his name. I have followed BG football closely and from a semi- distance for the last thirty years. I have also been quite closely involved with football at another KY school. Literally there are hundreds of games in my memory going back to the sixties.

I can tell everyone this about officials. They know circumstances surrounding games and they talk about it before, they talk about it during the game and they re-group at halftime. No official wants it said that they lost control of a big game. I guarantee that they discussed at halftime that they had to be quick with the flags or risk losing control. As a result they came out with rabbit ears in the third quarter. After a couple of flags you better realize it and zip it up. If it's different in KY than TN you have to realize where you are and adjust.

One more thing, Coach Wallace is relentless in going after officials. It doesn't matter if he is winning by a bunch (normal situation) or not. So he is not a favorite of the men in stripes.

Regarding the "hit" out of bounds on the QB. Looked like a good no call but couldn't argue if it were called. Not a game changer either way.

When all is said, after the flag fest settled did Blackman not have a 25-13 lead?

Macdon, thanks for your input. I was at the game and although I have a kid on the team I am generally a fair minded person.

One of our kids got a flag for saying "Come on ref". These guys lost control of the game and they thought by treating our kids extra harsh they could get it back?

It fired our kids up more to be treated unfairly. No call on the two hits but later they call us for tackling BG on the edge at the two yard line.

I am glad that in TN football is a tough sport. Our kids are spirited and tough. We try to be fair to them all.

Blackman was not up 25-13. We were up by 6 when the flags started flying.

All I want to know is, where in the heck did you find the PA announcer?  He is still in the box, trying to finish the game from Friday night.  I believe he had had a few too many swallows of that Kentucky shine.  The last time I heard someone talk that slow, he didn't have a heartbeat.  I think BG should pay the way for him to go the Bob Uecker school of broadcasting.

My son thought he was trying to eat the microphone. He does get carried away sometimes.

Macdon, thanks for your input. I was at the game and although I have a kid on the team I am generally a fair minded person.

One of our kids got a flag for saying "Come on ref". These guys lost control of the game and they thought by treating our kids extra harsh they could get it back?

It fired our kids up more to be treated unfairly. No call on the two hits but later they call us for tackling BG on the edge at the two yard line.

I am glad that in TN football is a tough sport. Our kids are spirited and tough. We try to be fair to them all.

Blackman was not up 25-13. We were up by 6 when the flags started flying.

"C'mon ref" will get you a flag almost 100% when things are chippy.

The tackle on the edge didn't get the flag. The hit on the BG player on the ground two steps out of bounds got the flag. You think you were going to stop BG from the two better than from the one?

BG has had a problem with PA guys. They try to be a "personality". They wind up sounding a little bush league.

I have read this entire thread. I have watched as much game video as is available. This was a game about nothing but pride but often pride becomes the paramount thing.

I was literally born into BGHS football. My Father was the coach. The BGHS Stadium carries his name. I have followed BG football closely and from a semi- distance for the last thirty years. I have also been quite closely involved with football at another KY school. Literally there are hundreds of games in my memory going back to the sixties.

I can tell everyone this about officials. They know circumstances surrounding games and they talk about it before, they talk about it during the game and they re-group at halftime. No official wants it said that they lost control of a big game. I guarantee that they discussed at halftime that they had to be quick with the flags or risk losing control. As a result they came out with rabbit ears in the third quarter. After a couple of flags you better realize it and zip it up. If it's different in KY than TN you have to realize where you are and adjust.

One more thing, Coach Wallace is relentless in going after officials. It doesn't matter if he is winning by a bunch (normal situation) or not. So he is not a favorite of the men in stripes.

Regarding the "hit" out of bounds on the QB. Looked like a good no call but couldn't argue if it were called. Not a game changer either way.

When all is said, after the flag fest settled did Blackman not have a 25-13 lead?

Appreciate the input. Yes the officials had lost their minds. The BG coach showed his rear-end at halftime ranting and cussing them. They got the message. If they truly wanted to regain control you call offsetting penalties, not 6-0 and favor one team. I don't care who the team is, I have never seen a football game where only 1 team was doing ALL the talking. It's obvious after the "no call" at least 2 Blackman players turn their heads back to the sideline reacting to something that was said....then comes a flag against Blackman. Call the offsetting and set the tone. Now BG knew they could instigate and boy did they. I have never seen a flag for "grazing" an officials arm either. No words were said for that one either. Also no words were said when the BG player held on to the Blackman players foot and when he pulled it back, out comes the flag.

Coach Shad said it perfectly....the officiating was "pathetic". We have 4 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike penalties (i know 2 were offsetting) all year, and we all of a sudden get 6 in one half. Unbelievable.

How was the no call NOT a game-changer. Blackman driving up 19-13. Call that penalty it is 1st and 10 at the BG 38. After the whole sequence it ended up 3rd and 33 from the Blackman 18. Go up 2 scores there, the way the BG offense was playing, different ball game. As it was BG got ALL the momentum back, then got 60 more yards of penalties on their next drive to go up 20-19.

Edited by blazeburnin

The bg coach is a real bag of wind and as someone that has seen them several times over the years his antics were nothing new. Just wait till they come there next year & he'll be doing the same stuff. Whining when he doesn't get his way. You are dealing with a group of people that believe their school is some sort of utopia and raids the other schools in its county of talent year after year. Don't judge the state by them.

The bg coach is a real bag of wind and as someone that has seen them several times over the years his antics were nothing new. Just wait till they come there next year & he'll be doing the same stuff. Whining when he doesn't get his way. You are dealing with a group of people that believe their school is some sort of utopia and raids the other schools in its county of talent year after year. Don't judge the state by them.

Utopia... I Like it. Bowling Green recently played their 1000th game. Also, they recently received their one millionth complaint from non-Utopian folks like yourself. I apologize for our teams dominance over your team the. [ your school name here. ] Do you Tennessee boys see what we have to put up with? It ain't easy at the top.

Appreciate the input. Yes the officials had lost their minds. The BG coach showed his rear-end at halftime ranting and cussing them. They got the message. If they truly wanted to regain control you call offsetting penalties, not 6-0 and favor one team. I don't care who the team is, I have never seen a football game where only 1 team was doing ALL the talking. It's obvious after the "no call" at least 2 Blackman players turn their heads back to the sideline reacting to something that was said....then comes a flag against Blackman. Call the offsetting and set the tone. Now BG knew they could instigate and boy did they. I have never seen a flag for "grazing" an officials arm either. No words were said for that one either. Also no words were said when the BG player held on to the Blackman players foot and when he pulled it back, out comes the flag.

Coach Shad said it perfectly....the officiating was "pathetic". We have 4 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike penalties (i know 2 were offsetting) all year, and we all of a sudden get 6 in one half. Unbelievable.

How was the no call NOT a game-changer. Blackman driving up 19-13. Call that penalty it is 1st and 10 at the BG 38. After the whole sequence it ended up 3rd and 33 from the Blackman 18. Go up 2 scores there, the way the BG offense was playing, different ball game. As it was BG got ALL the momentum back, then got 60 more yards of penalties on their next drive to go up 20-19.

Let's all agree that it WAS a gamechanger. Now what? All that waisted energy on a three day old football game. Besides you and a few of your brethren, who really cares how it happened? It happened. Life isn't always fair. Move on to your next victim. I mean game. When all is said and done, the best thing that came out of that crazy game was that Bowling Green High School jumped 44 spots to #77 in A well known National Ranking and a substantial jump in all major national polls. We sincerely appreciate it. We couldn't have done it without your help. Edited by Biggie

BG = classless cheaters with a streak that is obviously meaningless, just as your ranking is.

If you don't like that opinion that I am confident that is shared by many others, change what leads people to believe it. 

Foul, loud, profanity laden coach that harasses refs, but doesn't get flagged. 

Opposing teams that get flagged for things like pulling their foot away from a host team player yanking on it, or saying "come on, ref."

One sided flag parties where the home team is the beneficiary.

Home fans that curse and try to bully visiting fans, in the visiting fans section

Home fans that throw things at the visiting  band

Home team loud mouthed message board posters that deny any of it and try to blame the visiting coach for all of it. 

The game is settled and the better team did not win. What is also settled is the very first sentence I wrote in this post. The version of pansy football you guy apparently want played is one many reasons Kentucky football is a joke. 

Have a great rest of the season, cheaters. You have a nice little scam going that has been completely exposed. 

Instead of arguing back (which I know you will, the guilty always argue incessantly), just hang your head in shame in the knowledge that now EVERYONE knows, and slink back off into the world you live in where it is okay to profit from ill gotten games. You shame yourself, your team, your community. The best thing you can do at this point is shut up and go away. You won't because you are to petty to do so.

You will now prove me right...

If the refs in Kentucky call these games so tight, then why wouldn't they call the late hits on the Blackman QB shown in the film?  If the refs were so worried about the game getting out of control, and cheap shots, and late hits, then absolutely they should have flagged BG for either one of those hits out of bounds.  It was really not even that close, certainly not close at all if the refs were quick to throw flags and "keep the game from getting out of control."  I could see letting that go if the refs were truly just "letting them play," but not in a game where 7 personal flags were thrown.

Honestly, I'm glad this happened in Kentucky.  I would be embarrassed of Tennessee if, in one of those MBA-Trinity games over the years, Trinity had come down here, lost by one point in a game where TSSAA refs flagged them for 7 personal fouls and us for none.  I would honestly rather lose a game like that than have to win that way.  Thankfully, last year when Trinity came to MBA, it was a hard fought game, won by Trinity by one score, and no one from either side mentioned the refs.  Interestingly, when Ensworth beat Trinity this year at Trinity, the Trinity people on the KY boards were complaining about the refs afterwards.  I guess they were expecting some special treatment that didn't come.  So not all KY refs are totally ridiculous.

For most of us, the end result of a high school football "career" either for ourselves or for our children is the memories. The actions of the coaches, teammates, practices, after game activities, bus rides, crazy dads, etc all create the memories that can be recalled at future reunions. No doubt, this game has created some memories that will be storied for a long time. By the time these kids are my age, it will be more than a dozen PF penalties that were called.

Too bad these things happen, but they do. The blaze may end up better for it during the playoffs. I hope they do. It looks like they have a very good team.

More importantly than anything that has been said already on this post, why are you all still discussing this game? It had no impact on your playoff situation and the fact that you are STILL ranting over it has got to be a distraction to two playoff bound teams. Move on before this "meaningless" game becomes a season-ending issue for your teams when they are not focused on the game ahead of them.

More importantly than anything that has been said already on this post, why are you all still discussing this game? It had no impact on your playoff situation and the fact that you are STILL ranting over it has got to be a distraction to two playoff bound teams. Move on before this "meaningless" game becomes a season-ending issue for your teams when they are not focused on the game ahead of them.

My bad. I thought this was a message/discussion board for fans to interact. The teams and coaches have moved on, for sure, but I wasn't aware that the fans had to be as "focused" on the game as them.