Gibbs @ Campbell County 1st round

Mav4life

Did you see the Laff Press? It said CC District Champs after win at Powell... Im not mad just ........ lol

Space, when u go to AC tonight, drop by the trophy case near the gym. There's at least 3 tropes in there that say "co-champions on them". So don't try and act like its never been done before.

And for your info, there are 14 tie breakers in the tssaa laws to seed teams. And guess what, head to head isn't one of them. I know it kills u more than these other guys on here from AC and ur pure dislike has shown all season, but, there is a such thing as co- champs, I'm sorry. Heck, we've had co- mvps, co- national champs, the acc bball is riddled with co-champ banners everywhere. All it is, is an acknowledgment of success and a visual reminder of that success.

I know it earks u, that CC, has a local paper, local radio, local tv, and have joined the 21st century with live Internet steaming of all there sports, but until AC has all that stuff, u need to get over it. Oh, two local radio station, forgot the fm station. Sorry

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space, when u go to AC tonight, drop by the trophy case near the gym. There's at least 3 tropes in there that say "co-champions on them". So don't try and act like its never been done before.

And for your info, there are 14 tie breakers in the tssaa laws to seed teams. And guess what, head to head isn't one of them. I know it kills u more than these other guys on here from AC and ur pure dislike has shown all season, but, there is a such thing as co- champs, I'm sorry. Heck, we've had co- mvps, co- national champs, the acc bball is riddled with co-champ banners everywhere. All it is, is an acknowledgment of success and a visual reminder of that success.

I know it earks u, that CC, has a local paper, local radio, local tv, and have joined the 21st century with live Internet steaming of all there sports, but until AC has all that stuff, u need to get over it. Oh, two local radio station, forgot the fm station. Sorry

CC,  you are mistaken about the tiebreakers, those are for playoff seeding only and do not come into play for district championships.  there is a head to head tie breaker for district championships.  District winners get seeded first and then it goes the the playoff criteria tie breakers for seeding, if this was not the case than West would be the 1 seed and AC would be the 2 seed.  With the new playoff format it is impossible to have Co-district champions and TSSAA has already laid this issue to rest stating that AC is the lone 3AAA champion.  If it was the other way around then CC would have been the single district champ and not AC, there is no such thing as Co-district champions with the current format.

Crazy go ahead and Claim it...lol What did they get for being the so called Co district champs? #3 seed in the playoffs, 1 playoff game? AC banner and title says 2013 District Champs... If AC were Co Champs wouldnt TSSAA say it? The plaqs come from TSSAA, Campbell County will half to pay to get one that says Co Champs...lol  

No mav4, your partially right. Declaring AC the #1 seed is a tssaa thing for seeding, that's all. AC and CC tied for first, both cant get 1 seeds so AC gets it for seeding purposes based on beating CC. That's all. It don't mean a whole lot to me, but when u try to belittle coach Price and he accomplishments of the best season in 38 years to make ur team or self feels better, that's what gets me. I for one say AC is district champs, I understand that, but you can't deny CC a share of it.

Heck after 38 years, I'd claim a share of it too.

U also dismissed the fact of the co- champion trophys in AC trophy cases. Who bought those? It's basically 6 in one and half dozen in the other. You never respond to facts just sarcastic, snide cheap shots to make you feel better.

No mav4, your partially right. Declaring AC the #1 seed is a tssaa thing for seeding, that's all. AC and CC tied for first, both cant get 1 seeds so AC gets it for seeding purposes based on beating CC. That's all. It don't mean a whole lot to me, but when u try to belittle coach Price and he accomplishments of the best season in 38 years to make ur team or self feels better, that's what gets me. I for one say AC is district champs, I understand that, but you can't deny CC a share of it.

Heck after 38 years, I'd claim a share of it too.

U also dismissed the fact of the co- champion trophys in AC trophy cases. Who bought those? It's basically 6 in one and half dozen in the other. You never respond to facts just sarcastic, snide cheap shots to make you feel better.

If there are trophies in the case that say co-champions when there are not then I will say the same thing about those, truth is I never really look at the trophies so I honestly do not know if there are or not, but if there are then they are wrong as well.  I love how you make a comment of " You never respond to facts just sarcastic, snide cheap shots to make you feel better" when I have never done such a thing and am the one posting the facts as to the way the district championship works, apparently you are the one trying to make yourself feel better claiming something that is not so, I have never said anything to belittle coach price or anyone else on that staff so you need to just back off on claims that I am.  I played on the same team as one of your assistants, have had many conversations with both Price brothers and get along with them well and have coached another one of the assistants when they were growing up so you really need to get your facts straight and not try to pinpoint me as someone that is somehow against the almighty Cougars.  As a matter of fact my company has donated money the the CC basketball program in the past and I signed the check myself.  I am for all the Kids in these communities and wish them all well, but will call it like I see it and tell you straight up that your wrong on this one and AC is the sole district champ for 3AAA this year and if it was CC in AC's shoes I would defend them just the same.  Do not ever pinpoint me to be someone that is taking shots at anyone on that staff because I get along with them just fine.

I will say this TSSAA sends out official plaques, I'm pretty sure they don't recognize co-champions. AC will get a championship plaque & CC will get a runner up plaque. If CC really wanted one that says champions they should have beaten AC head to head.

BUT CCHS wins a play-off game for the first time ever tonight & records their first 10 win season in history. Nothing to hang your head about, win the district next year!!!

In the defense of Mav I've never seen him post anything negative about Price or "belittle"him. He simply states facts. I've seen quite a few posts praising the job that the Price brothers have done at CC.

Thank you, much apprectiated and good luck to you and your community tonight on a clean and injury free playoff win.