David Crockett @ Knox West

MeritIII

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett has two choices:

1. Keep scheduling the biggest cupcakes you can, slide into the playoffs due to the messed up TSSAA system, and get blown out in the first round of the playoffs year after year.

2. Schedule some real teams that are at least close to being a 5a team, or decent 4a team, earn some respect, sustain some kind of tradition besides losing, grow and get better and earn a playoff spot. Maybe be competitive some day. A 5a school that large should be better.

They really should be better than they are with 1,300 plus kids l. I think they are obviously better than they have been, but still no wins this year that they shouldn't have won.

I know not many people here think Crockett is any good, but what is there offensive philosophy? Do they have a running game, pass a lot, balanced offense, etc?

Just curious about them bc I don't know what they are about. I'm sure West will win but still curious about the opponent

They try to be balanced offensively, but tend to be a little pass heavy. They pride themselves on the hurry up offense. They try and get as many offensive snaps as possible. QB is a sophomore, has some potential but has thrown a ton of interceptions. My prediction would be that they will have a ton of 3 and outs against West and it won't be a game after 1st quarter....

They try to be balanced offensively, but tend to be a little pass heavy. They pride themselves on the hurry up offense. They try and get as many offensive snaps as possible. QB is a sophomore, has some potential but has thrown a ton of interceptions. My prediction would be that they will have a ton of 3 and outs against West and it won't be a game after 1st quarter....

Thanks for the information.

I know not many people here think Crockett is any good, but what is there offensive philosophy? Do they have a running game, pass a lot, balanced offense, etc?

Just curious about them bc I don't know what they are about. I'm sure West will win but still curious about the opponent

Like the other poster said, the Pioneers try to run a balanced offensive attack but they tend to pass the ball more than run it. When they do run it, #4 is the kid you need to look out for. He's got pretty good speed when he gets some space, which isn't often due to poor o-line play. The team started the season off running the ball a lot more. Around mid-season they became pass-happy and have remained that way. Their QB is young and tends to just toss the ball up even when his receivers are completely covered. If West has a good secondary, Crockett's in big, big trouble.

Edited by AlumnI01