Round 1. Dekalb vs Knox Catholic

Waterboy78

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow good luck to Catholic, DeKalb was short handed going into this game and left with more injuries! KC is very phisical and just too much for our boys. DC had a great season though. Losing 23 seniors would be hard for any team. The future looks bright, I hope the best for A.P and Stone. Both left the game with knee injuries. I know A.P had to go to the hospital with his. Its funny how people forget what DC football was before Coach Trapp and are complaining after a first round loss to a far superior team. Like I said great season for tigers and I am looking forward to next year.

Wow good luck to Catholic, DeKalb was short handed going into this game and left with more injuries! KC is very phisical and just too much for our boys. DC had a great season though. Losing 23 seniors would be hard for any team. The future looks bright, I hope the best for A.P and Stone. Both left the game with knee injuries. I know A.P had to go to the hospital with his. Its funny how people forget what DC football was before Coach Trapp and are complaining after a first round loss to a far superior team. Like I said great season for tigers and I am looking forward to next year.

Catholic played this game with a few of the starters out with injuries and on top of that the Irish play a lot of underclass men and juniors.

Catholic played this game with a few of the starters out with injuries and on top of that the Irish play a lot of underclass men and juniors.

Catholic short handed and dDekalb short handed are not in comparison. College teams have tons of depth unlike a rural school.

Just have UT hire couple more coaches and bingo you suddenly get two moe players. Absolutely no comparison of the two when it comes to advantages of comparing athletics at the two schools.

Catholic short handed and dDekalb short handed are not in comparison. College teams have tons of depth unlike a rural school.

Just have UT hire couple more coaches and bingo you suddenly get two moe players. Absolutely no comparison of the two when it comes to advantages of comparing athletics at the two schools.

Just because Catholic dressed 80 kids doesn't mean that everyone plays. There is a reason that Catholic plays so many freshman and underclass men (both ways). Catholic dresses everyone (the JV and freshman teams) for games. In reality the Irish probably play 25 kids there best players. When their is an injury the depth is thin or nonexistent. Why do you think they moved a running back to QB when Jancek was injured? I'm not sure what Dekalb's numbers are but Catholic has 600 students. Half are which are boys. All our kids (like the rest of Knox County) play in youth league. We don't have middle school teams that teach the middle schoolers their system. If you want to compare us to a college program then Fulton, AC, Webb, CAK, Alcoa and Maryville must be pro teams. We played in AAA and AA with Maryville, Bearden, Fulton, Austin East and so a bar was set and established. Your right there is no comparison. Play those teams year in and year out and see if your program sink or swims. When Catholic took on Webb and Alcoa "short handed" we lost both games by 40 points. So that college comparison isn't there, sounds like sour grapes to me. I was impressed with your running back and I talked to three Dekalb fans all night. Great guys.

Just because Catholic dressed 80 kids doesn't mean that everyone plays. There is a reason that Catholic plays so many freshman and underclass men (both ways). Catholic dresses everyone (the JV and freshman teams) for games. In reality the Irish probably play 25 kids there best players. When their is an injury the depth is thin or nonexistent. Why do you think they moved a running back to QB when Jancek was injured? I'm not sure what Dekalb's numbers are but Catholic has 600 students. Half are which are boys. All our kids (like the rest of Knox County) play in youth league. We don't have middle school teams that teach the middle schoolers their system. If you want to compare us to a college program then Fulton, AC, Webb, CAK, Alcoa and Maryville must be pro teams. We played in AAA and AA with Maryville, Bearden, Fulton, Austin East and so a bar was set and established. Your right there is no comparison. Play those teams year in and year out and see if your program sink or swims. When Catholic took on Webb and Alcoa "short handed" we lost both games by 40 points. So that college comparison isn't there, sounds like sour grapes to me. I was impressed with your running back and I talked to three Dekalb fans all night. Great guys.

I agree. None of your kids come for athletics

Tough loss for Dekalb, however, this was a really good team. I watched the Knox Catholic vs Tyner film online and Knox blew them off the ball all night long. There's a lot of things for this team to work on: Jennings growing as a leader and being tougher, Milan becoming a complete running back instead of trying to bounce it outside every other play just to name a few, but overall, a lot of potential for next season. I know I said Coach Trapp is an overrated coach but you cannot underestimate getting kids excited to play, and that is what he has done. You guys have some humble fans, you know where you have came from, unlike some other teams. I'd like to see you guys close to the top of the district next season.