Chattanooga Central @ Sequoyah 4A Quad 2 playoffs Round 1

ChiefStrong

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tistheseason, I am a Central alumnus and have attended several Central practices. I have followed the program closely the last 2 years. I have talked to Coach Allen and have so lately. But, I will give you my name and would like talk with you also. I will not give it on this board. I am curious why he said he was leaving. The kids he has coming back are ready to be winners and he is just loosing about 3 senior starters. Whoever gets this team has a chance to have a good first year. I hear there is a lot of interest. What have you heard? We probably have spoken before. PFL.

Season, Thanks for answering. When you are losing games griping will be heard. My biggest complaint with them this year was the up and down with the team effort going into a game. Granted they were young but the talent was there to have a winning season. Making the playoffs was huge. I would like to know though why he is leaving now with so much coming back? Was it a better offer, raise, retirement, or what? Surely the fans did not run him off. If that was it then you do not belong in coaching.  What would you look for in the next head coach?By the way I like Coach Allen.PFL.  

Edited by Pounder1

I can't speak for Allen. But I think he decided a while back it was time to move on. I don't think he had an offer when he decided and I don't know if he has one now. I believe he did the best he could with this group of kids. Could someone else have done better? I can't say. I can say the previous two couldn't have done better. That us just my opinion.

The coach before him had a 6-5 record but had some players that ended up being problems. Also Coach Barger before the coach before Coach Montgomery had turned the program around and had them in the playoffs. Personally I think this team should have done better. As I said to many inconsistencies from game to game.     Sometimes they did not seemed prepared and of course I know injuries and youth play an important part. I think this team did underachieved.  The fan base is there and will support this school and this team when they show some consistency. The crowds for most parts have been good. Look at Brainerd and Tyner's crowds. Extremely low for a Tyner team. When a new coach does come in more parents will have to be involved in the booster club. More parents will have to give of themselves and be supportive. Also the coach must want to be there and not leave to go somewhere else and be involved in the community. I think he has to have previous coaching experience and has won before on a consistent basis. Will I get all of these  wishes probably not. I think there needs to be a minority on the staff.The new coach must be willing to work and willing to live in the community. PFL