OR and EAST HAMILTON

rallykat

Great size and speed. Terrific secondary, and not only the a Div 1 signee, but a receiver that may be better then him. Whiteside is making a name for himself as a runner now. East Hamilton is well coached and got good players across the board. You guys will find them tough on the field.

Problem for the 'Canes this year has been injuries to some fine players.

Bad thing, for Oak Ridgers making the trip. Traffic in and out will be on 2 lane roads, and slow going. Don't expect to find seating like you would at Bradley or Cleveland or most other bigger schools. Hamilton County refuses to fund athletic facilities and the schools have to build all that themselves out of donations. The facilities are more like a Midway or Greenback High School if that good right now. This is not a dig at the school, which itself a great, or the supporters. Just letting you guys know that seating will be an issue for schools with large followings.

Edited by alt1958

Here is a little information about the matchup.  New rankings have not come out yet so the rankings below are from prior to week 10.  According to M A X P R E P S:

National Ranking:

OR-1,729            EH-964

State Ranking:

OR-48                 EH-26

5A-OR 9(AP 9)   EH-5(AP 8)

Record:

OR 7-3 / 6-2        EH 8-2 / 5-1

Points Scored / Allowed

OR 318-200 / 32-20           EH 319-194 / 32-19

OR has 2 wins over teams that finished over .500

EH has 4 wins over teams that finished over .500

Win/loss record by opponents that OR defeated - 23-47

Win/loss record by opponents that EH defeated - 39-41

2 of OR losses are to currently ranked opponents:

Vs. #3 Anderson County - 19-6

Vs. #4 Campbell County - 27-14

both of EH losses are to currently ranked opponents:

Vs. #7 Ooltewah - 28-26

Vs. #6 Rhea Co. - 27-24

OR and EH have 1 common opponent in McMin County which they both beat:

OR 28-19 (+9)

EH 24-12 (+12)

All 5 of the combined losses between the 2 teams were by teams that finished the season with over 6 wins:

Anderson County - 9-1 (AP#3)

Campbell County - 9-1 (AP#4)

Rhea County - 9-1 (AP#6)

Ooltewah - 8-2 (AP#&)

Farragut - 6-4

All 5 teams have made the playoffs

If you look at the above information this could be a heck of a matchup.

Great size and speed. Terrific secondary, and not only the a Div 1 signee, but a receiver that may be better then him. Whiteside is making a name for himself as a runner now. East Hamilton is well coached and got good players across the board. You guys will find them tough on the field.

Bad thing, for Oak Ridgers making the trip. Traffic in and out will be on 2 lane roads, and slow going. Don't expect to find seating like you would at Bradley or Cleveland or most other bigger schools. Hamilton County refuses to fund athletic facilities and the schools have to build all that themselves out of donations. The facilities are more like a Midway or Greenback High School if that good right now. This is not a dig at the school, which itself a great, or the supporters. Just letting you guys know that seating will be an issue for schools with large followings.

Ugh, that doesn't sound good at all. Meaning the seating and all.

Edited by SweetScience

Great synopsis of EH, alt1958!  No knock against OR, but I saw McMinn play both teams and I think EH is a better team.

OR fans:  Not only is it a 2 lane road to/from EH school, but watch your speed on this road.  Seating is VERY limited.

I had to leave town at the last minute and missed the game and I guess I'm glad I did. I  just watched the playback. I sure hope our offense gets ready for the playoffs. I'm worried about their great receivers and the big line. This sounds like the toughest draw we could've gotten. Quad One looks pretty easy compared to this one. Oh well, I guess we just have to get ready to play.