Cookeville vs. Sevier County

ripzip11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously these cookeville fans do not understand the difference in timing. If Sevier County has laser timing they would have 7-9 guys run under a 4.7. They time on the track, which is also faster. But these times are still faster then most. In no way is Sevier County world class speed, but they are well above average. Maybe the Cookeville area will understand this a little better. New prediction 56-14. Just because we can if we wish.

Just come watch the game and then tell me we are not the fastest team you have played this year.  Oh, and tell me which team you played that is faster...that is all I ask

I never said your team wasn't fast....  I'm just making fun of you because you said you had 10-15 guys that ran 4.5 forties.  So let me reassure you that I am in no way saying your team is slow.  I am in no way making fun of your team.  I am, however, making fun of YOU and YOUR comments about your teams speed.  I just like to point out ridiculous statements when I see them.

I never said your team wasn't fast.... I'm just making fun of you because you said you had 10-15 guys that ran 4.5 forties. So let me reassure you that I am in no way saying your team is slow. I am in no way making fun of your team. I am, however, making fun of YOU and YOUR comments about your teams speed. I just like to point out ridiculous statements when I see them.

What he said! Word for word!

Obviously these cookeville fans do not understand the difference in timing. If Sevier County has laser timing they would have 7-9 guys run under a 4.7. They time on the track, which is also faster. But these times are still faster then most. In no way is Sevier County world class speed, but they are well above average. Maybe the Cookeville area will understand this a little better. New prediction 56-14. Just because we can if we wish.

Here is what I understand...  A 4.5 forty is a 4.5 forty.  To say that you have all this 4.5 speed and then say "Well if it was laser timed then it would be a 4.7" is stupid.  That is exactly my point.  Any one that knows a thing about football and recruiting knows that 40 times get stretched all the time.  I wouldn't claim to have a 4.5 forty unless I was pretty dang sure I ran a 4.5.   Call it integrity, call it honesty, call it what ever you want but that's just me.

welllll, this thread got out of hand quickly... 

Anyway, if you guys are anywhere near a top 5 team in the state, you will have no problem at all with my Cavaliers.  Sadly, it is just not a good team this year.  They do have a couple of Rb's that are players but no line to block for them.   One or 2 decent receivers but the QB hasn't been very accurate (although can throw a mile).  Defense is pretty vanilla.  Pretty good for the Upper Cumberland but not against top caliber teams.  

Don't sell yourself so short just yet. Could be a more interesting game then you think. For sure our passing game is top 5 in the state but unfortunately our defense is pretty bad. As others have pointed out, our line play on both sides of the ball (but especially the defense) is average to poor at best and our tackling leaves a lot to be desired also. Plus anyone that has a had a decent running attack has given us fits the whole year. And if you've got a good running QB to boot (doesn't matter if he can throw the ball in the ocean or not) you will be surprised by just how much success you will have. With a defense like ours any team from here on out can beat us.  

Hey 38 & 45, what are you two  co HEAD JV coachs? Maybe girls volleyball coachs & I bet you time them with a laser.  What exactly makes you feel like you can call someone an idiot 38? Maybe you should make ripper run some laps for being such an idiot.

Are you 2 even  cookeville fans because we need to clear that up before I  move forward with the bashing of you and your team?

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

Hey 38 & 45, what are you two  co HEAD JV coachs? Maybe girls volleyball coachs & I bet you time them with a laser.  What exactly makes you feel like you can call someone an idiot 38? Maybe you should make ripper run some laps for being such an idiot.

Are you 2 even  cookeville fans because we need to clear that up before I  move forward with the bashing of you and your team?

GoBears!!

Before you start bashing let get my hand held timer out so I can get a good idea about how fast you are (after I add 2/10ths of a second to it of course).

Hey 38 & 45, what are you two co HEAD JV coachs? Maybe girls volleyball coachs & I bet you time them with a laser. What exactly makes you feel like you can call someone an idiot 38? Maybe you should make ripper run some laps for being such an idiot.

Are you 2 even cookeville fans because we need to clear that up before I move forward with the bashing of you and your team?

GoBears!!

Bash away sweetheart! To even make a statement that you have 10-15 guys on your high school team running 4.5 is idiotic!!! Hence, making you an idiot...just an opinion tho...my team is Knox Halls...what you wanna say??? Edited by erell38

Just to clear up... Nobody in the state has 10 guys who run a 4.5 40.... To say your team does is just false. 

And unfortunately, The Cavs have a running QB, but the last 3 games they have been playing him at WR.  I'm sure the staff is doing what they think gives them the best chance to win, who knows, maybe they'll break him back out this week??