5A MR FOOTBALL BACK AN LINEMAN AN KICKER

loveofdagame

Here are my choices for Mr.Football.....

Running Back- Abe Felix - Great runner with speed and able to make the big play.

Lineman- Steven Jones - Good blocker and will be seen on saturday afternoons next year.

Kicker- Brian Campbell?? - Scored alot of points as a junior for Riverdale and has done the same this year

if i could pick who the mr football kicker would i would say Josh Stringfellow from BEECH. he has started his soph, junior, and senior year. he set the school record for longest field goals every single one of those seasons. when he kicks on kickoffs.. 4 out of 5 go in the endzone. his record is 51 but that could be easily broken.

I'm doubtful Campbell (Riverdale) will receive much consideration as kicker. He has had a great career, scoring around 80 points each of his sophomore and junior seasons while making all area each season. This season, however, unlike most 5A kickers, he's on the field most of the game. This hinders his kicking somewhat. In addition to battling the fatigue, he has no opportunity to kick into a net during the game. As a place kicker this year, he's kicked 7 FGs (longest, 44 yards) and 36 PATs. He's shown the ability to kickoff into the endzone, but often is asked to pooch kick.

In addition to his kicking this year, he's racked up some other nice stats: on offense - 14 receptions for 230 yards and 3 touchdowns; on defense - 6 interceptions and 30+ tackles. He'd have a better shot at a Mr. Football award if there was an all-around play award.

Guest olebeagle

As far as 5A goes...it's an open and shut case for Andy Bailey of McMinn Co. 90+ percent touchbacks, no misses this season inside 50 yds., a 53 yard game winner/school record vs. Cumberland Co., and major D1 prospect. Ridiculously strong leg, obvious to anyone that's seen him kick. All-Region kicker past three years. Speak for itself?

My predictions for Mr.Football awards. I believe for running back the award should go to Chris Grimes from Lavergne. Chris rushed for 1200 or 1300+ yards and at least 10 or more touchdowns. That is a lot of rushing yards for playing in Region 4-5A, since it is the hardest Region in state. For Lineman i would give the award to Keyon Bueford( i think that his name and how u smell it) from Riverdale. This man is unstopable, and will easily go to any D1 colleges. For kicker i am not sure, but have heard a lot about beech's kicker.

i can tell you this, buford from riverdale dont deserve it. He is big, that is all. We played him, and the whole game he was leaning on people, or holding. He held probably every play or so. He is big, so yes, he will proly go D1(MTSU), but only b/c he is big. as for running back, Grimes from lavergne. Kicker, Luke Barber from oakland. He has missed 2 field goals all year, and no pats.

Guest jetbooster78

YOu have got to at least consider 2 guys from Cumberland. Isaac Ostrander had 1100 plus yards and 19 touchdowns for 5A back. Then you have Billy Krause #69, he plays center and has been consistent on a very impressive line this year. But this is the best part he can play every position from tackle to tackle and when he plays the other positions you could argue he is the best on the team at those. Kicker has got to to Bailey at McMinn we are still talking about that stupid 53 yard kick.