Round 2 Cleveland @ Rhea County.

BigGreenCountry

No sir Buddy.....NO ONE can hold a candle to this ole OWL.......

I don't know Passive, every since you guys lost to Cleveland and then you lost your Pitbull you have been more PASSIVE than AGGRESSIVE. I enjoy reading your posts but here lately they have been a little flat and down right scattered. EaglePride is a long time member who hadn't said a lot this year until the last couple of weeks, and in that time he has taken your stick and stirred up the blue boys while your busy holding hands with your district buddies.

You have to understand he gets to everyone including some Rhea County fans but he is just fired up because its Cleveland and to most old school Rhea County fans from back in the old days of District 5AAA(late 70s the 80s and early 90s) that was Rhea County's biggest rival, the older Cleveland fans know what I am talking about.

This was the matchup that the old schoolers wanted to see and it would have been a shame for these two teams (both having great years) to have not met on the field this season. The significance of it being a playoff game is just an added bonus!

GO EAGLES!!!!

theoldballcoach who died and left you king of breaking down coaches?  Pemberton 169-62 before this season started.  Pretty tough to argue with.  He has won everywhere he has been.  He has improved every program he has been apart of.  I would rather be a great coach and win as opposed to being a really good people person and have average seasons as a coach.

I don't know Passive, every since you guys lost to Cleveland and then you lost your Pitbull you have been more PASSIVE than AGGRESSIVE. I enjoy reading your posts but here lately they have been a little flat and down right scattered. EaglePride is a long time member who hadn't said a lot this year until the last couple of weeks, and in that time he has taken your stick and stirred up the blue boys while your busy holding hands with your district buddies.

You have to understand he gets to everyone including some Rhea County fans but he is just fired up because its Cleveland and to most old school Rhea County fans from back in the old days of District 5AAA(late 70s the 80s and early 90s) that was Rhea County's biggest rival, the older Cleveland fans know what I am talking about.

This was the matchup that the old schoolers wanted to see and it would have been a shame for these two teams (both having great years) to have not met on the field this season. The significance of it being a playoff game is just an added bonus!

GO EAGLES!!!!

I understand sir....and you are right about me....yes I miss the pittbull....and hate me and my buddies have to knock each other off to advance.....yes we stab and jab and eat humble pie when we are wrong.......but at the end of the day...this has been a great year for 5aaa....to be represented in the state polls all season is an accomplishment for this area which was known as the weak  area.....you have no one in your district to connect with.....thats why you guys enjoy jabbing with the district that you were at the bottom of year after year......but times have changed....so enjoy :thumb:

• Upvote 1

I understand Cleveland's been irrelevant since the late 90's, but you'd think they could manage to out travel a 1-9 rhea co team featuring a coach who body slams players?

Since I don't follow Rhea on the road like you supposedly follow Cleveland, all I can speak for is the home games when I've looked across the field and saw a near-empty away stands, except for the band, when they made the trip, when Rhea visited the Benny.

Last time Cleveland traveled to Rhea was last game of the 2011 season...had rained all day, and turned off cold.  Season had been essentially decided.  Faithful followed the team...many stayed home, understandably.  Doesn't mean they don't travel well...means they don't travel to Rhea well when the game isn't relevant to many in the big scheme.

You worry about yours...we'll have plenty of ours there Friday.

All this finesse offense, traveling fans, coach bashing, who beat who has been so much fun to read lol. Fact is - This is two good ball teams with a historic rivalry between the two. Yes Cleveland has playmakers. Always have. But so does Rhea County. Going to be a ballgame until the end.

Sadly this is what it has come to...can't talk much about the game, so some are gonna bash the coaches and the fans of the opposition.  All that means is that talking is played-out and it's time to play ball.  Friday can't get here soon enough.  This is gonna be fun.  Since evidently no Cleveland fans will make the trip, I personally welcome all other area fans to the visitor side, as I fully expect the home side will be standing-room-only...right EaglePride?

All this finesse offense, traveling fans, coach bashing, who beat who has been so much fun to read lol. Fact is - This is two good ball teams with a historic rivalry between the two. Yes Cleveland has playmakers. Always have. But so does Rhea County. Going to be a ballgame until the end.

This is spot on. Great post.

Sadly this is what it has come to...can't talk much about the game, so some are gonna bash the coaches and the fans of the opposition.  All that means is that talking is played-out and it's time to play ball.  Friday can't get here soon enough.  This is gonna be fun.  Since evidently no Cleveland fans will make the trip, I personally welcome all other area fans to the visitor side, as I fully expect the home side will be standing-room-only...right EaglePride?

there will be more overflow Rhea fans on the away side than Cleveland fans. 

theoldballcoach who died and left you king of breaking down coaches? Pemberton 169-62 before this season started. Pretty tough to argue with. He has won everywhere he has been. He has improved every program he has been apart of. I would rather be a great coach and win as opposed to being a really good people person and have average seasons as a coach.

Well this is a message board and forum and I am just throwing this stuff out there. He did improve Macon Co from 1-9 to 5-5 and his checkbook for the two years he was there. What did he improve at Brentwood? I would say he underachieved at Catholic when you have a 5 star recruit and future first round draft pick by the Vikings and you don't sniff the state title game until after the kid is at Notre Dame...yea he underachieved at Catholic. Well GQ is exceptional at both and well he has less losses than years coaching.

Well this is a message board and forum and I am just throwing this stuff out there. He did improve Macon Co from 1-9 to 5-5 and his checkbook for the two years he was there. What did he improve at Brentwood? I would say he underachieved at Catholic when you have a 5 star recruit and future first round draft pick by the Vikings and you don't sniff the state title game until after the kid is at Notre Dame...yea he underachieved at Catholic. Well GQ is exceptional at both and well he has less losses than years coaching.

Bud if you knew anything about the game of football you would know it takes a team coming together to win a state title.  One great player can not win it all by his self, not in today's game.  All i am saying is give the man some credit as one of the best coaches in the state.  The record does not lie.

theoldballcoach who died and left you king of breaking down coaches?  Pemberton 169-62 before this season started.  Pretty tough to argue with.  He has won everywhere he has been.  He has improved every program he has been apart of.  I would rather be a great coach and win as opposed to being a really good people person and have average seasons as a coach.

Dblock is right about this one. His winning percentage alone speaks for itself, but having a state title also says a tremendous amount. Trust me on this, the man can coach and the boys respect him. As long as you win no one cares if you're a people person. Crawford is a really good coach too, let's just put the coach talk to rest. No one cares about that stuff, it's the game tomorrow that matters.

Bud if you knew anything about the game of football you would know it takes a team coming together to win a state title.  One great player can not win it all by his self, not in today's game.  All i am saying is give the man some credit as one of the best coaches in the state.  The record does not lie.

I have to say it again, Dblock is once again correct. Having one great player doesn't make a team. The fact he didn't win it with that kid to me is irrelevant.

Really ready for tomorrow night. Go Eagles!