Round 2: Oneida @ GCA

crow

One thing that I noticed last night was how much the Oneida staff was yelling EVERY play to the players on the field. It felt like a pee wee game with that much yelling and "coaching" going on each and every play. Does that happen each week, or were the coaches just pumped up about the playoffs?

And to think your a radio sportscaster....wow!

And to think your a radio sportscaster....wow!

Sportscaster is a s..t..r..e..t..c..h.. I just call it like I see it. I'm a homer, and I make no bones about it. But, I also call it the way it should be called. You can check out any of our broadcasts on www.gcafootball.org you will see that I don't always wear those rose colored glasses. I know you are a newspaper guy, I respect that. But please don't call me out for making an observation.

Sportscaster is a s..t..r..e..t..c..h.. I just call it like I see it. I'm a homer, and I make no bones about it. But, I also call it the way it should be called. You can check out any of our broadcasts on www.gcafootball.org you will see that I don't always wear those rose colored glasses. I know you are a newspaper guy, I respect that. But please don't call me out for making an observation.

Newspaper guy, champ? :roflol: He can barely read :lol:

You're way off on champ :roflol:

Newspaper guy, champ? :roflol: He can barely read :lol:

You're way off on champ :roflol:

I must have gotten him confused with another Oneida poster that I thought was a newspaper guy. Sorry about that. Don't get too mad Champ, I don't have a ring, you got that on me!

I really enjoyed the trip last night. I know what that field has produced, and the history it holds. Great tradition!

I must have gotten him confused with another Oneida poster that I thought was a newspaper guy. Sorry about that. Don't get too mad Champ, I don't have a ring, you got that on me!

I really enjoyed the trip last night. I know what that field has produced, and the history it holds. Great tradition!

He is part of the local papers "pick 'em panel". There's 8 or 10 locals that pick regional games of interest in high school & college football. He is by no means a newspaper guy by trade.

OnB, I don't like to engage with radicals too much.  RR, I stand behind our Pee Wee Coaching Staff, seems they have done a fine jobs with a bunch of kids several experts thought might not even make the playoff, much less win their first game.  Oh, we aren't playing another "small school" with a student body made up of players located directly around the school.  Nope...we all know we are playing against a team that has numerous players from one of the biggest cities in the State.  Wait until some genuis in Memphis with big pockets gets that idea and runs with it.  Can you imagine the atheletes that city might pull with a start up in the lowest classification in the state and a good coach.  I wouldn't put down your coach, like you did mine, even though he is working with a different set of tools.  Of course that is pretty much a burnt out conversation that no one wants to address.  Hey, it is what it is....!  We'll be up Friday, the kids, the coaching staff, and all us fans that stick with'em.

Kaz

Just a thought.....the Pee Wee's are 9-2, which really doesn't mean a hill of beans to the average football observer, but to someone with a little knowledge, that is quite an accomplishment. And if they knock off the Rams, which very few expect to happen,(see Champ)then what would you think about your own staff?

Kazanity

OnB, I don't like to engage with radicals too much.  RR, I stand behind our Pee Wee Coaching Staff, seems they have done a fine jobs with a bunch of kids several experts thought might not even make the playoff, much less win their first game.  Oh, we aren't playing another "small school" with a student body made up of players located directly around the school.  Nope...we all know we are playing against a team that has numerous players from one of the biggest cities in the State.  Wait until some genuis in Memphis with big pockets gets that idea and runs with it.  Can you imagine the atheletes that city might pull with a start up in the lowest classification in the state and a good coach.  I wouldn't put down your coach, like you did mine, even though he is working with a different set of tools.  Of course that is pretty much a burnt out conversation that no one wants to address.  Hey, it is what it is....!  We'll be up Friday, the kids, the coaching staff, and all us fans that stick with'em.

Kaz

I knew you and crow would handle this with a touch of class!Good posts!!