Knox. Fulton vs Sullivan South

Ktownfootball

How many teams on the Falcon regular season schedule are still alive in the playoffs?

Not taking sides here, but I believe there's only 48 or so public teams still alive in all classifications combined in the entire state. Additionally, a large percentage of these are from middle or west TN. For example, Fulton played a few 6A teams this year, but there are only two east Tn 6A teams still left in the playoffs, Maryville and Sevier Co. Fulton may not have played the toughest schedule, but your angle might not be the best way to prove it

Not taking sides here, but I believe there's only 48 or so public teams still alive in all classifications combined in the entire state. Additionally, a large percentage of these are from middle or west TN. For example, Fulton played a few 6A teams this year, but there are only two east Tn 6A teams still left in the playoffs, Maryville and Sevier Co. Fulton may not have played the toughest schedule, but your angle might not be the best way to prove it

Wasn't really trying to prove anything. Just a simple reminder that the Falcon schedule wasn't any tougher than that of Alcoa's. At least not enough to chest pound about!

Wasn't really trying to prove anything. Just a simple reminder that the Falcon schedule wasn't any tougher than that of Alcoa's. At least not enough to chest pound about!

Fact of the matter is  ..both teams schedule could have been a lot tougher had Alcoa not BACKED out of game with Fulton ..choosing to bring a patsy in to play instead ... but Fulton scheduled best it could ..cant ask for more than playing 3 6A teams and 1 5A team when you are 4A .. what else could be done ... at least we tried to upgrade instead of running away from a good matchup ... and before you go into the history of Alcoa vs Fulton we all know that ... but interesting that Alcoa backs out the year that Fulton has a good team ... Im sure Rankin will be calling back next year asking to play . Now go back to your Alcoa threads ...    

Fact of the matter is ..both teams schedule could have been a lot tougher had Alcoa not BACKED out of game with Fulton ..choosing to bring a patsy in to play instead ... but Fulton scheduled best it could ..cant ask for more than playing 3 6A teams and 1 5A team when you are 4A .. what else could be done ... at least we tried to upgrade instead of running away from a good matchup ... and before you go into the history of Alcoa vs Fulton we all know that ... but interesting that Alcoa backs out the year that Fulton has a good team ... Im sure Rankin will be calling back next year asking to play . Now go back to your Alcoa threads ...

Easy Tad, I didn't mean to get you all tight. My comment was simply a response to someone else comparing our schedules. However, I will say, IMO, there wasn't a team on either Fulton's or Alcoa's schedule (other than Maryville), that would have given either team a problem this year. Good luck next week. Got a feeling it's gonna be a good one!!!

Easy Tad, I didn't mean to get you all tight. My comment was simply a response to someone else comparing our schedules. However, I will say, IMO, there wasn't a team on either Fulton's or Alcoa's schedule (other than Maryville), that would have given either team a problem this year. Good luck next week. Got a feeling it's gonna be a good one!!!

Thanks for the well wishes .. I have always pulled for Alcoa and Maryville when they have went to state to represent our area .. they both have storied programs ..while Fulton has been a pretty good representative of Knox Co ... it is peaks and valleys here in the city .. but I see alot of Alcoa fans on Greeneville boards telling them go beat Fulton etc ..thats ok .. but I will always pull for local area teams in championships .. just the way I am .. Im a homer. 

Thanks for the well wishes .. I have always pulled for Alcoa and Maryville when they have went to state to represent our area .. they both have storied programs ..while Fulton has been a pretty good representative of Knox Co ... it is peaks and valleys here in the city .. but I see alot of Alcoa fans on Greeneville boards telling them go beat Fulton etc ..thats ok .. but I will always pull for local area teams in championships .. just the way I am .. Im a homer.

I will always commend Fulton for scheduling Alcoa throughout the years. It has been very difficult, in the past, to find teams willing to play. However, I took it personally when Fulton posters claim Alcoa backed out of the series because of being afraid of a loss. The Alcoa program has not accomplished what it has by dodging competition. If it really makes you feel better to believe that kind of stupidity, then you nor anyone else truly understands what it means to be a champion! The series between Greeneville and Alcoa was ended as well. I have yet to see a poster from either side stating it was due to fear.

I wish you good luck next week. If the Falcons come out victorious, I will be pulling for them at state. Same goes for Greeneville. I would love to attend this game. However, I just can't miss another CAK rematch.

With that said, I'm out!