7-AAA 2013-2014

MidTennFootball

Time to get some discussion going for the 2013-2014 season. Here is my predictions:

1.) Riverdale- Extremely tempted to put Blackman in this spot, but until Riverdale gets knocked off, they deserve to remain here

2.) Blackman- Every bit as good as Riverdale this year. The transfer of Jazz Bond to Blackman makes them the possible favorite to win the gold ball. Only has 1 senior.

3.) Oakland- In many other districts, Oakland would be the best team, hands down. Unfortunately, they play in the same district as 2 of the best teams in AAA. They will be very solid, but it going to take a remarkable performance for them to knock off Riverdale or Blackman

4.) Smyrna- Coach Middleton has the program moving in the right direction, but its going to take time given the overall strength of this district. Will have a chance to beat out Oakland for that 3rd spot.

5.) Siegel- Siegel has never had spectacular teams, but they will be solid

6.) LaVergne- Given how the last few seasons have gone for LaVergne, im hoping that they can move in the right direction this season. It has been a nightmare for Wolverine fans as of late.

7.) Stewarts Creek- Welcome to 7-AAA, SCHS. The Red Hawks will take their lumps the first couple of seasons but I expect them to be pretty strong under the guidance of Coach Jessica Jackson in the years to come

Looks to be pretty accurate there 7AAA. Only probs I see is your blurb on Blackman. Jazz Bond transferred there last year. Based on posters on other threads I say transferred. She attended Christiana Middle, a Riverdale feeder, in 8th grade then attended Blackman in 9th. You, I believe, mean Jamasha Jackson, I know it gets confusing since there is no Rutherford County residency to confirm the transfer. Jackson came from Mt. Juliet.

Ok we know Jazz Bond came in from a school that would have sent her to Riverdale, same thing as Alexa transferring to Riverdale along with Shelby Davenport from Siegel, Brandy Alley from Mt. Juliet, Hannah Pendergrass, Caroline Patrick, Deja Jones and the point guard from Atlanta, then you have Meme Jackson to Blackman from Mt.Juliet, Shelby Gibson to Oakland from West Wilson Middle School, Treasure Hunt and sister Kayla who graduated from Lavergne, Brianne Alexander from Oakland, Savannah McIntyre from Oakland, Jasmine Neal from Mt.Juliet, a guard from Antioch and freshman who would have been at Lavergne are at Smyrna, Paris Lawson from Siegel to Lancaster, Kennesha Nichols from Lavergne to Ensworth, Bria Dial from Blackman Middle to Brentwood Academy and thats just 7AAA its happening in other districts also so if I left anyone out don't feel bad because the point is its time to move on the season is here let the chips fall where they may lots of talent to be seen and 7AAANetwork I agree with your assessment but I would put Stewarts Creek above Lavergne. Good Luck Girls!

• Upvote 1

Tennessean pre-season poll just came out.  3 of the top 4 teams in the Mid State are out of 7-AAA.  Also, the final four predictions have 2 of the 4 teams coming out of 7-AAA.  Man....just winning the district championship is about like winning the state championship.  Crazy teams and talent there.

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/nashville/articles/item/1707-girls-high-school-basketball-primer

Ok we know Jazz Bond came in from a school that would have sent her to Riverdale, same thing as Alexa transferring to Riverdale along with Shelby Davenport from Siegel, Brandy Alley from Mt. Juliet, Hannah Pendergrass, Caroline Patrick, Deja Jones and the point guard from Atlanta, then you have Meme Jackson to Blackman from Mt.Juliet, Shelby Gibson to Oakland from West Wilson Middle School, Treasure Hunt and sister Kayla who graduated from Lavergne, Brianne Alexander from Oakland, Savannah McIntyre from Oakland, Jasmine Neal from Mt.Juliet, a guard from Antioch and freshman who would have been at Lavergne are at Smyrna, Paris Lawson from Siegel to Lancaster, Kennesha Nichols from Lavergne to Ensworth, Bria Dial from Blackman Middle to Brentwood Academy and thats just 7AAA its happening in other districts also so if I left anyone out don't feel bad because the point is its time to move on the season is here let the chips fall where they may lots of talent to be seen and 7AAANetwork I agree with your assessment but I would put Stewarts Creek above Lavergne. Good Luck Girls!

I thought about putting Stewarts Creek 6th, but hard to gauge SCHS when they have yet to play a game