Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

We'll day one is in the books. The guys looked good for the most part going through each drill and working hard. The offense looked good, up tempo and for the most part everyone seemed to know what was going on.

We've got a stable of running backs for sure but I believe there will only be a few that get in the rotation. In my opinion Isaiah, TJ, Jayleen Nickerson and even Adam Manookian looked the best.

The QB battle really looks to be between Fadnek and Warrington in my opinion. I think Dunbar will get his touches in the wildcat position like last year and do even better with the strength and size he has put on.

No surprises in the line as it looks huge on both sides of the ball. Chapman, Fleming, Verner, Kasner and others mixed in on the OL

Receivers looked good today, very few balls dropped and most were thrown to them in good positions to catch the ball.

Defensively you had Warrington moved to inside LB and Warmbroad to DE. TJ also played a little inside LB.

I believe we'll be able to tell more as the week goes on.

RWR !!!!

Edited by NuWildcat

We'll day one is in the books. The guys looked good for the most part going through each drill and working hard. The offense looked good, up tempo and for the most part everyone seemed to know what was going on.

We've got a stable of running backs for sure but I believe there will only be a few that get in the rotation. In my opinion Isaiah, TJ, Jayleen Nickerson and even Adam Manookian looked the best.

The QB battle really looks to be between Fadnek and Warrington in my opinion. I think Dunbar will get his touches in the wildcat position like last year and do even better with the strength and size he has out on.

No surprises in the line as it looks huge on both sides of the ball. Chapman, Fleming, Verner, Kasner and others mixed in on the OL

Receivers looked good today, very few balls dropped and most were thrown to them in good positions to catch the ball.

Defensively you had Warrington moved to inside LB and Warmbroad to DE. TJ also played a little inside LB.

RWR !!!!

Good report...... I got there late but did see a few drills with Fadnick and Warrington they both looked good especially being the 1st day. Went to watch younger work with Oline down on the hitting sled. Good move moving him to Oline coach he was tearing into them about staying low and hitting your target. Think its going to be a WILDCAT year.

The QB battle really looks to be between Fadnek and Warrington in my opinion. I think Dunbar will get his touches in the wildcat position like last year and do even better with the strength and size he has put on.

RWR !!!!

Surprised the practice even happened given the forecast. Thanks for the recap. Can't wait until next week when I can watch!

Surprised the practice even happened given the forecast. Thanks for the recap. Can't wait until next week when I can watch!

I believe things will get better and more competitive as the week goes along. I also believe you'll see several set them selves apart from the ones they are competing against and take control of their position. Just my opinion for what it's worth

I believe things will get better and more competitive as the week goes along. I also believe you'll see several set them selves apart from the ones they are competing against and take control of their position. Just my opinion for what it's worth

I will be interested to see who takes the lead at QB, running back, and offensive line

It was good to see the Cats back out on the field. Looks like we have gotten bigger and stronger and should have a chance to be pretty darn good this year. Unfortunately we will be without the services of #8 and #15. One guy is ineligible and the other has decided not to play. The transfer from Murvil,looks to be a good rb. In drills yesterday,the rb that most impressed me was Manookian. If anybody remembers back to watching him at Robertsville, that kid can flat run the football. He will battle for every inch, tough runner.

Day 2 is in the books...things looked about the same as yesterday except it seemed to me that there was a lot more balls dropped by the receivers today. By saying that it was the same ones doing the dropping when the others did fairly well.

The offensive plays seemed to be a little more smooth today as the QB's have seemed to settle into the new schemes and things ran more efficient.

On defense there were a few occasions where you heard the pads popping in the LB and DB drills and the hawgs were pushing each other around.

As far as the kicker goes there's no worries there. Brandon was booming several punts for 50 plus yards. He should take off right where Hunter left things.

For the most part the RB's had a little hop in there step with Isaiah, TJ and Jayleen looking the best.

That's pretty much what I saw today, everyone else chime in with your thoughts

Day 2 is in the books...things looked about the same as yesterday except it seemed to me that there was a lot more balls dropped by the receivers today. By saying that it was the same ones doing the dropping when the others did fairly well.

The offensive plays seemed to be a little more smooth today as the QB's have seemed to settle into the new schemes and things ran more efficient.

On defense there were a few occasions where you heard the pads popping in the LB and DB drills and the hawgs were pushing each other around.

As far as the kicker goes there's no worries there. Brandon was booming several punts for 50 plus yards. He should take off right where Hunter left things.

For the most part the RB's had a little hop in there step with Isaiah, TJ and Jayleen looking the best.

That's pretty much what I saw today, everyone else chime in with your thoughts

My thoughts..... wish I could be there. Calls from home are all positive. Football and unity going well. Coaches ordered a backdown on the hitting, especially the DBs and receivers.

Thanks for the updates.

Edited by OR nole