FCS @ St. George's

thegood

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long makes FCS a different team. Without him they got smoked in their losses.

He didn't play tonight and they got smoked again.

FCS will be competitive in the new division but now they play much better competition every week. Beating up on little schools won't happen anymore.

To my knowledge Long did not miss an offensive snap last night. FSC met an extremely motivated St. George's team and got beat. Commanders go home, Gryphons move on.    

I heard it was an injured leg. makes me wonder if he was even hurt like TC and Webb.  I know the story is concussion then sick for those two games but people inside the FC camp say he won't play if he thinks they cannot win or if he might get hurt.  Not saying this is true just makes you go HMMMM?

Wow! If true this is just unbelievable. 

I heard it was an injured leg. makes me wonder if he was even hurt like TC and Webb.  I know the story is concussion then sick for those two games but people inside the FC camp say he won't play if he thinks they cannot win or if he might get hurt.  Not saying this is true just makes you go HMMMM?

Pretty classy of you to spread rumors about a high school kid.

Pretty classy of you to spread rumors about a high school kid.

My thoughts exactly RedRobin. Got a few posters that are doing some bashing after the fact and don't know the first thing about FC as a school or program. St. George's played a great game and showed great hospitality to the Commanders off the field. Classy staff and I wish them the best.

Thanks RR1 for being the moral authority and reading the entire post since this is an opinion board.  Back to the topic, from someone at the game "Long did play although not 100%". I stand corrected about him playing Friday.  Feel free to enlighten us OC since you seem to know more about FC than I do.

OC definitely knows more about FC and football in general than you Bucksfan. Long failed to practice most of the wk leading up to the SG game. Only Long knows if he was 100% last Fri.

SG played well and FC didn't. You'll hear no excuses from FC coaches or players but as a fan I'll say our youth showed as it has in other losses and some wins in 2013.

On the 2011 championship team FC started 1 Fr & 0 Soph's. The 2012 champs at FC started 1 Fr & 7 Soph's. This year FC started 7 sophomores and 1 FR. FC had no depth this season but has developed some as the season progressed.

FC will lose 3 Srs this yr excluding 2 kickers only. With some transfers becoming eligible and some strong incoming Fr they will be in the mix in 2014.

You have to feel good about 2014.  With the all the youth that got significant playing time, both varsity and JV.  And the incoming crop of talent, things should be good again.  Hitting the weights and working on improvement will be the key.  The program is so much better than it has been.  It is very exciting as a former player and current parent.

Was SG just that much better or did FC turn the ball over and have a bad game? I was surprised by the score. What was the difference ?

I thought SG was the better team.  But I also thought we played one of our worst games of the year.  AJ's "injury" seemed to hamper him but he had willing accomplices in the blocking, running and receiving corps.  I don't know if we overlooked them for a potential FC/DCA rematch, if the travel hurt us, or what was going on.  Just wasn't our night to play a team with the talent SG showed. 

The future looks bright.  As long as the QB position gets nailed down, the line, backs, receivers all look positive on offense.  We are fast but we found out there are others with equal or better speed.  I like our prospects.  No predictions.  Just positive indicators.

Good luck DCA.