What is up at Waverly?

PR25

I heard that Waverly is in final 4 at the 7 on 7 in Murfreesboro today. Sounds like they are coming around faster than some thought.

You know that's right! Soon enough the haters will learn! They put Riverdale out of their own tournament not to mention beating a lot of other big schools! Final 4 was Waverly Father Ryan Oakland and Giles. Waverly lost to Father Ryan by a touchdown. Tiger Nation!

I heard that Waverly is in final 4 at the 7 on 7 in Murfreesboro today. Sounds like they are coming around faster than some thought.

Waverly has a better coach now so yes they will be better and they will win more than 1 game like last yr but you got to remember it's only 7 on 7 not a real game! If it was a real game I'm pretty sure Waverly wouldn't beat Riverdale!

Edited by alltime

I would agree alltime but what it does say is waverly has some athletes on the field this year. Waverly is being helped with the basketball kids now playing. Coach McConnell has these kiss believing in themselves. The middle school is loaded again this year so talent is there if these kids keep playing.

I would agree alltime but what it does say is waverly has some athletes on the field this year. Waverly is being helped with the basketball kids now playing. Coach McConnell has these kiss believing in themselves. The middle school is loaded again this year so talent is there if these kids keep playing.

I agree with you completely my friend, you guys just have to get your kids to keep playing football in high school.

Having good athletes is one thing but if you don't have it in the trenches you want win many games in this district. I believe East Hickmans athletes could match LC,Fairview and Camdens last year but what we couldn't match was their solid offensive and defensive line. I keep hearing a lot about the basketball players now playing football How many basketball players do you have that can play in the trenches?

Waverly has returned every player on the line but one. Only one of those will be a senior this year. With that being said, you have a line of 2 year starting juniors, 1 of those being a 4th year starting senior. Waverly is not worried about the "trenches". Experience and now size & strength are in their favor.

AND with the addition of our highly talented basketball kids and our returning skill kids from last year, I would go out on a limb with confidence and say that Waverly will have the most talented team in the district.

Sounds like good days ahead for you! Its hard to put all things together to build a strong program. East Hickman opened in 2007 and its been a slow progress just hope we can build on last years success. Going 7-3 was great. I still think we let one get away from us in playoffs against Westmoreland. Goodluck to Tigers! See you Oct. 3rd

AND with the addition of our highly talented basketball kids and our returning skill kids from last year, I would go out on a limb with confidence and say that Waverly will have the most talented team in the district.

LOL I'm not trying to be mean or nothing but I will give you my honest opinion, I really didn't see any good skill from anyone off of Waverly's team last yr or any good line players either and now your trying to say Waverly has the most talent in the disrict! I admire you enthusiasm for your team but come on man!!!! Edited by alltime

LOL I'm not trying to be mean or nothing but I will give you my honest opinion, I really didn't see any good skill from anyone off of Waverly's team last yr or any good line players either and now your trying to say Waverly has the most talent in the disrict! I admire you enthusiasm for your team but come on man!!!!

Proof is in the pudding...standby & you will see. Nothing more to say..y'all are always gonna be haters..Waverly will make a statement & earn respect in 2014.