Top Teams from Chattanooga??

Parkdog3412

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush league, I gave you the answer to your question days ago......maybe your too stupid to comprehend, so I will reiterate. Is it possible that a family just wants to relocate? Bushy, do you feel Chattanooga is such an awful place to live?

Whether Eastridge wins 4 or 24 games this year, lets give the principal credit for wanting to change a LOSING program. I have watched Eastridge play for the last 4-5 years and one thing was consistent......the players LOSING attitude. Coffman didn't change this. If it was a close game, Eastridge was going to lose....not only that but the players would be smiling after the game.......this is a LOSING attitude that the Principal wants changed. Can't blame her, why continue on this way?

Hixson will be down somewhat this year. We lost 5 quality, senior starters from last year. We will be very young this year. We were fortunate though to pick up Brian Bray from Notre Dame as our assistant coach for this year. Young coach, knows baseball, no nonsense kind of coach, etc.

We do return 3 position starters and 2 starting pitchers from last year's district champion team.

As far as who will be strong in Chattanooga:

Walker Valley: best team I saw play last year.

Baylor: didn't lose anyone from really good team last year.

McCallie: good coach, good fundamental baseball.

Central, Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah: all big schools with good baseball tradition.

As far as problems with our program that was mentioned in previous posts, I am not aware of what they are other than us being a little young and inexperienced. The boys are already working on conditioning, working with one another on drills, etc.

Just for the record, I think we will be fine this year, maybe not as successful as last year, but we will be okay.

Also, Coach Coffman at East Ridge did get a raw deal.

Baylor: they are returning everyone.

For all those out there that think Coach Coffman got a raw deal, would you like him to coach your son's baseball team? Honestly answer this and I think this discussion about his qualification as a baseball coach will be over. I have no connection to Eastridge, I just enjoy high school baseball. From what I saw last year, Coffman didn't turn anything around except maybe his breakfast waffle. Eastridge was no threat to beat any decent team because of its preparation and attitude.

Again I give the principal credit for making a change instead of toiling another year with an unsatisfactory condition.

Maybe all those

Bolivar,

What is your problem with Coach Coffman and Hixson (in previous posts)?

We played East Ridge several times last year and I would be happy for my son to play for Coach Coffman. From what I saw, he knew baseball, worked hard to improve his facilities and seemed to be a stern disciplinarian.

I did see him sit one of his players down in one game last year for obvious lack of hustle. Maybe that is the problem you have with him, that he demanded that his players be fundamentally sound and disciplined. Are you an ex-player of his?

East Ridge is a class school with good kids, good parents and good coaches. Do the school a favor and stop being so negative.

And by the way, what is your problem with Hixson?

bolivar,

you are clueless about high school baseball and you are clueless about east ridge baseball. the new guy may be a great coach, who knows. but i do know that he did not make a smart coaching decision in coming to east ridge. he may be bringing excitement, but like i said in an earlier post, "you can't make chicken salad........"

and as for your post earlier to bushleague, you haven't answered anyone's questions yet. :)

In response to the gentleman from Hixson, we seem to have a difference of opinion on Mr. Coffman's abilities which is fine. We saw two different situations last year. I saw a team that was happy to lose, that had no heart. I loved to say Eastridge was a fundamentally sound and a discipline team but my nose would grow. Let me say once again that I have no connection to Eastridge...no son on the team.....not a disgruntled former player....I say what I see whether its positive or negative. As far as being too negative, I don't think I am.....why would I? What had to happen took place for the good of all of Eastridge, including the kids and the parents. I don't know the new coach but I would wager that his team will work hard and like you said before...be disciplined and know that the pitcher should cover first on a ground ball to the right side!

The answer to your question about my problem with Hixson is that I have no problems at all. Quite simply, I have run into parents and supporters at the school that are not too happy with was is going on with the baseball program. I don't think its fair to the coach or anybody else to take this any farther.

In response to the owl, who doesn't see in the day or night, I had no problem with you......UNTIL NOW. I didn't start anything, remember that. I don't know if your a 12 year old little leaguer or 70 year old retiree, but I guarantee, I have seen more and know more about quality baseball than you. Without knowing anything about the new Eastridge coach and his personal life, how can you make a judgement statement that he made a bad decision to come to Eastridge. Hixson fan, I'd like to be more positive but an owl keeps poking me, you know where.

[Edited by 23sMom on 12-9-02 6:35P]

bolivar,

without knowing anything about east ridge baseball or its old coach, you have made an unfair judgement. how could you possibly know what is best for that school, community, or program if you have no ties.

oh yeah, about that guarantee you made - i wouldn't be so quick to make such a bold statement. i have no idea who you are, but you never know who you are speaking with on these threads :o

and another thing, why is it that it's not fair to the hixson coach to talk about him or his program (of which you have stated you have no ties) on this site, but its ok to bash coach coffman, who by the way has been at one school involved in one program for the last 20 yrs. that doesn't add up, bolivar. it appears that you are letting your feelings about a person get in the way of your self-righteous ethics. :(

[Edited by barnowl on 12-10-02 9:19A]

[Edited by barnowl on 12-10-02 9:25A]

In response to anybody on this post. Lets talk about the top teams in Chattanooga. And not the new Coach at East Ridge. East Ridge will not be a top team in this area. Obviously Soddy Daisy, Central, Cleveland, Baylor, Walker Valley, Ooltewah, and LFO should be the better teams for 2003. And by the way, who is East Ridge playing out of district? Taft, Howard, and Ned and the first reader.