DII-AA Semifinals

WesVLT

Honestly I think BA would be able to stop a healthy ferby. A power runner is not the type of back that could do a lot of damage to this BA defense. They are just too big , physical and have speed. I don't think anyone has had overwhelming success against BA running the ball this year .. Father Ryan May have had the best game running against BA ..If BA plays it's best I just think a team will need to run and pass to beat them ... This weather may change the game somewhat but unless Ensworth can make some plays passing I just don't know how they will win this game ..

I'd like to see BA win this one but mud neutralizes speed and the rain does the same to the passing game. BA's is a short passing game relying on speed.  Pretty even up given the weather and t/o's may decide it. I'm trying to talk the fam into staying home and watching it on TV as i hate sitting in rain to watch a game but i'm losing that battle. lot of twitter talk tonite that's for sure    

I'm trying to talk the fam into staying home and watching it on TV as i hate sitting in rain to watch a game but i'm losing that battle. lot of twitter talk tonite that's for sure

Come on.....you will be apart of history. Nov. 22, 2013, The University of Ensworth is beaten by the same team twice in one year. Just think...You could ebay the ticket stub for major $.

Come on.....you will be apart of history. Nov. 22, 2013, The University of Ensworth is beaten by the same team twice in one year. Just think...You could ebay the ticket stub for major $.

Haaa!  well maybe if you being along some hot chocolate for me i'll reconsider (although i'll likely be sitting there in the rain with everyone else - packed in also given those small visitors stands - you'd think Tommy could spring for some new ones)

Ok, here's how I think BA-Ensworth will go:

The sloppy conditions will cause a sloppy game. BA's passing game will be out of rhythm early, but its physical defensive line will keep the Tigers in check in the first half. Ensworth will control the clock but fail to move the ball inside the 20. A key turnover deep inside BA's own territory will lead to an Ensworth score, but BA will drive the field late in the first half and put up points before halftime. At the break, the teams will be even at 7.

In the second half, BA will find its touch. Its no-huddle attack will wear down Ensworth's defense, which is talented but not very deep. The Eagles will score once in the third quarter, but Ensworth will tack on a field goal to make the score 14-10 heading into the final stanza. Another Ensworth field goal will get the Tigers within a point, but BA will march down the field one final time for the clinching score.

Prediction: Brentwood Academy 20, Ensworth 13

Edited by WesVLT

For the start of Tennessee high school football 2013, I really liked Brentwood Academy, especially after the first week slaughter of Memphis University 36-7.  I was looking forward to Brentwood Academy matchup with St. X, OH.  Then both teams lost game leading to matchup.  In St. X, OH defense they were beaten by Collerein, OH, in Brentwood Academy's defense there was none.  A 24-20 loss to Father Ryan, a game in which I felt all BA had to do was run the football from 20 yard line in late in the game.  Instead, they chose to pass the football downs 1-4 when they were running the ball right down the field.  Next, a big goose egg 23-0 to St. X, OH then BA lost their 3rd game in a row in which they gave hs football game away to MBA, squandering a big lead.  BA had the football late in the game with the lead only needing 1 first down to secure the win.  BA ran the ball for first down, ball carrier decided to try to break long run instead of securing football for victory when he was stripped of the ball.  MBA went up the field and scored the winning touchdown.  It looked like BA was through for the year 2013.  3 losses in a row.  Who would have thought?  Now, Memphis University is late in playoffs with 9-2 record and BA is 9-3.  This BA football team had to be injured, something had to be wrong.  Since these 3 losses in a row, BA has massed a good winning streak and is looking good again.  My pick for 2 of TN's biggest high school games are BA over Ensworth; and TN 6A another team that I liked to start the season, Blackman a 9-3 loser to Oakland earlier this year.  Anyway in the 6A contest, I pick Blackman to beat Oakland.  I know that this website doesn't like mentioning other hs football sites, so I won't give you the name of the site, but these 2 TN hs football games aren't mentioned in their top 10 games of this week.  I will have to follow these 2 interesting hs football games on the internet, and I have to also say that the hs football for TN has done well beyond expectations for the year 2013.

Hughie V

The Aquarium of Ensworth took priority over visitor football stands. Plus he had to spring for a new amplifier to up the decibels of the Tiger fight song.

Let the record reflect, baylorbigdog was wrong--BA does not pipe in music.  Maybe a song or two at halftime, and not very loud.  BA has a student pep band that is actually pretty loud (and good).  I'm bringing hearing protection tonight for when the Miley Cyrus cranks up.

Have you ever listened to the music while the dance team is on at half? They have toned it down after they realized how much replacing those speakers cost ... I believe Ensworth has added one direction to the playlist for tonight ..

Off the record I heard they are drying the field and looks like the rain may hold off

Go eagles !!!

Let the record reflect, baylorbigdog was wrong--BA does not pipe in music. Maybe a song or two at halftime, and not very loud. BA has a student pep band that is actually pretty loud (and good). I'm bringing hearing protection tonight for when the Miley Cyrus cranks up.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

My two cents...MBA has the talent to beat MUS, but MUS is one school that seems to have MBA's number, regardless of how the talent shakes out. My limited perception of MUS is that they're very well disciplined and well coached, and manage to get better results than their talent would suggest. This becomes a major issue when one considers that they're generally pretty talented. I'm hopeful, but an MBA loss wouldn't really shock me.

BA-Ensworth...Ok, offering an opinion here is a little like going to a website poll to answer "I don't know." There are a lot of factors here, and there's simply no way to guess how they work out. I think Ensworth is more talented, though not by a wide margin, and that may be offset by the fact that BA seems a little deeper, but younger and less experienced. I'm not sure about West Nashville, but in my section of the world, it's been raining since last night, and only stopped in the last couple of hours. Grass field, lots of rain, late November...It should be messy. One personal note...I love football in the rain on a grass field. when I'm the emperor, in addition to there being a lot less folks driving and permits to wear miniskirts or spandex, there will be NO artificial turf. Ok, based on the rant, it's probably time for my meds. Let's hope for good games and safe travels tonight.

For the start of Tennessee high school football 2013, I really liked Brentwood Academy, especially after the first week slaughter of Memphis University 36-7. I was looking forward to Brentwood Academy matchup with St. X, OH. Then both teams lost game leading to matchup. In St. X, OH defense they were beaten by Collerein, OH, in Brentwood Academy's defense there was none. A 24-20 loss to Father Ryan, a game in which I felt all BA had to do was run the football from 20 yard line in late in the game. Instead, they chose to pass the football downs 1-4 when they were running the ball right down the field. Next, a big goose egg 23-0 to St. X, OH then BA lost their 3rd game in a row in which they gave hs football game away to MBA, squandering a big lead. BA had the football late in the game with the lead only needing 1 first down to secure the win. BA ran the ball for first down, ball carrier decided to try to break long run instead of securing football for victory when he was stripped of the ball. MBA went up the field and scored the winning touchdown. It looked like BA was through for the year 2013. 3 losses in a row. Who would have thought? Now, Memphis University is late in playoffs with 9-2 record and BA is 9-3. This BA football team had to be injured, something had to be wrong. Since these 3 losses in a row, BA has massed a good winning streak and is looking good again. My pick for 2 of TN's biggest high school games are BA over Ensworth; and TN 6A another team that I liked to start the season, Blackman a 9-3 loser to Oakland earlier this year. Anyway in the 6A contest, I pick Blackman to beat Oakland. I know that this website doesn't like mentioning other hs football sites, so I won't give you the name of the site, but these 2 TN hs football games aren't mentioned in their top 10 games of this week. I will have to follow these 2 interesting hs football games on the internet, and I have to also say that the hs football for TN has done well beyond expectations for the year 2013.

Hughie V

There's one word for BA's early struggles -- youth. It's a sophomore- and junior-laden team that took some time to establish its identity.

Great post! Hope your prediction comes true.